Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #8801

TV behind MH

I have a friend that has the same setup and the colors are almost the same.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:09 PM   #8802

Quote:
Originally Posted by momraising5boyz View Post
This was not at a campground, but we passed them on our way to SC this morning. DH and I laughed at the size of the TV vs the MH. ...
I don't think it even needs a brake system in the SmartCar. The MH won't even know it's back there.

It does need big light on the back. Someone approaching from the rear might not even notice it compared to what's towing it.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #8803
Just as confused as you

It would be a great place to put a kid in need of a time-out while on the road.

But then, some kids would just go their own way.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #8804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
It would be a great place to put a kid in need of a time-out while on the road.

But then, some kids would just go their own way.
My grandkids would have fought over who got to ride back there.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:20 PM   #8805

Seen many pets in campgrounds, but this was a first. Looked like there were two kennels for them to ride between stops. Seemed to do quite well keeping themselves entertained in the pool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7738.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	255744  
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:36 PM   #8806

Between raindrops I was talking to my camping neighbor when two ladies arrived and were pulling into the site on the other side of me. They were pulling about a 17’ single axle with an older Tundra that was just about dragging its rear on the ground. We were trying not to watch and make them nervous, but tried to stop them when the trailer jack knifed so badly the truck looked like it was going to hit the trailer.

Well, they kind of ignored us, and the truck did hit the trailer breaking the tail light. My neighbor knocked on the window. We told them the tail light broke (“that’s ok, it was broken already”), and we suggested they pull around and try their approach from the drivers side do they wouldn’t approach with their blind side.

They said thanks, backed into the site, and pulled out to approach from the other direction. After almost jack knifing again, they set the camper up diagonally. They then left and we never saw them again. Weird.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #8807
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Between raindrops I was talking to my camping neighbor when two ladies arrived and were pulling into the site on the other side of me. They were pulling about a 17’ single axle with an older Tundra that was just about dragging its rear on the ground. We were trying not to watch and make them nervous, but tried to stop them when the trailer jack knifed so badly the truck looked like it was going to hit the trailer.

Well, they kind of ignored us, and the truck did hit the trailer breaking the tail light. My neighbor knocked on the window. We told them the tail light broke (“that’s ok, it was broken already”), and we suggested they pull around and try their approach from the drivers side do they wouldn’t approach with their blind side.

They said thanks, backed into the site, and pulled out to approach from the other direction. After almost jack knifing again, they set the camper up diagonally. They then left and we never saw them again. Weird.
I have to admit that's one thing I miss about being a seasonal camping. Our site is all the way across the campground from the weekenders. So we don't get to sit and watch them back their trailers up into their spots.

Some of the other CGs we were at we were seasonals at we were able to do that though. Some people were really good at it. Others (like the one in your story) were really bad.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #8808

We had two people in our park last year that went to dealer and purchased new 5th wheels. Had dealer deliver to our park -dealer set them up and they plan to leave them there 100% of the time.

They don’t even have a truck to pull them.

One of them decided to switch lots. They did find someone in the park to move it for them.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #8809
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
We had two people in our park last year that went to dealer and purchased new 5th wheels. Had dealer deliver to our park -dealer set them up and they plan to leave them there 100% of the time.

They don’t even have a truck to pull them.

One of them decided to switch lots. They did find someone in the park to move it for them.

Russell
We have a 5th wheel and have never owned a truck to tow it. The dealership delivered it to the CG we were in at the time. It's since been moved to 2 other CGs.

We had to pay a little bit of money to have it moved each time but it was much, MUCH less than the cost of buying a truck.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:45 PM   #8810
Can you run 3800 fps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
We have a 5th wheel and have never owned a truck to tow it. The dealership delivered it to the CG we were in at the time. It's since been moved to 2 other CGs.

We had to pay a little bit of money to have it moved each time but it was much, MUCH less than the cost of buying a truck.

I guess that it's cheaper than buying a summer home...

Camping together for 48 years!
SniperDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #8811
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDroid View Post
I guess that it's cheaper than buying a summer home...
Only by a little.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #8812
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

We have a few fifth wheelers in our park here in Arizona without trucks. Last winter I had to pull a few of them into storage because the Canadians didn't get back our park this year. $500/yr for storage is cheaper than $4,200 lot fees. Made a few bucks hauling them into storage for the cause.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #8813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I have to admit that's one thing I miss about being a seasonal camping. Our site is all the way across the campground from the weekenders. So we don't get to sit and watch them back their trailers up into their spots.

Some of the other CGs we were at we were seasonals at we were able to do that though. Some people were really good at it. Others (like the one in your story) were really bad.
My last camping trip was at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park outside of Portland, Oregon. They have the absolute easiest sites to back into. Like 45 degree angle, very wide driveways, no obstructions, I mean it just couldn't get any easier. I have a 26' double axle trailer and Dodge Durango and backed in in one motion, the DW just sat in the seat, didn't have to do anything. The only thing easier would be a pull through spot.

The next day it looks like about the same length trailer comes in across from us. Pulled by probably a 2500 pickup. Same setup for the site, very easy 45 degree angle off the wide access road, no obstructions at all. I mean the power/water pedestal is even all the way in the back of the campsite. His DW gets out, and she's back there pointing left, then right, then left. Stop. Keep coming. No left. Now right. OMG! I would hate to see that pair try to back into a challenging, narrow driveway at a 90 degree angle on a hill from a narrow two-track access path (not even a road) with a tree on one side and the darn campsite number marker pole on the other side. That was my spot when I had to get the 26' trailer into a tent site with no hookups.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:17 AM   #8814

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
My last camping trip was at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park outside of Portland, Oregon. They have the absolute easiest sites to back into. Like 45 degree angle, very wide driveways, no obstructions, I mean it just couldn't get any easier. I have a 26' double axle trailer and Dodge Durango and backed in in one motion, the DW just sat in the seat, didn't have to do anything. The only thing easier would be a pull through spot.

The next day it looks like about the same length trailer comes in across from us. Pulled by probably a 2500 pickup. Same setup for the site, very easy 45 degree angle off the wide access road, no obstructions at all. I mean the power/water pedestal is even all the way in the back of the campsite. His DW gets out, and she's back there pointing left, then right, then left. Stop. Keep coming. No left. Now right. OMG! I would hate to see that pair try to back into a challenging, narrow driveway at a 90 degree angle on a hill from a narrow two-track access path (not even a road) with a tree on one side and the darn campsite number marker pole on the other side. That was my spot when I had to get the 26' trailer into a tent site with no hookups.
We love that place. We were there May 3-9 what a wonderful place.

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #8815

Quote:

Sounds like my driveway....LOL maple tree on the left, telephone pole on the right, backing down hill on a fairly busy narrow street with straight curbs on both sides...
Bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #8816
Kasual Kamper

Quote:

Not everybody has your skills. Give the guy a break! You don't know... it might have been his first time backing a rig, or the first time with with THIS rig. Or he may have depth perception problems. Not all of us do this all of the time, so it's not second nature. Did you even offer to help him?
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:03 AM   #8817

Quote:

We can all remember our first time backing into a spot, right? The first time we did it together was a super easy spot that we took a half dozen stabs at. We were actually just laughing about that last week when we backed into a doozy of a spot in only one try at how far we had come, working as a team backing into spots. If we had started off with that tough camping spot, we might be divorced.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #8818
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Not everybody has your skills. Give the guy a break! You don't know... it might have been his first time backing a rig, or the first time with with THIS rig. Or he may have depth perception problems. Not all of us do this all of the time, so it's not second nature.
My wife and I have RVed for 10 years and fulltimed with weekly moved for 5 years. Up until the last 6 months, she has backed me into every site. We're quite good with it but that's our process- she talks me through it. Sometimes I don't listen and you get what Navy posted. Other times I do and we're just fine.

Everyone has a different process that works for them.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:58 PM   #8819

Neighbor trailer at storage lot used an oversized chock on a slope. Jack is about to slide off stack of levelers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chock.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	256142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Block.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	256145  
Old 06-03-2021, 10:09 PM   #8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Turf View Post
Neighbor trailer at storage lot used an oversized chock on a slope. Jack is about to slide off stack of levelers.
Did you let the storage lot management know, so they could contact the owner??