Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
That black thing on the front drivers side looks like a locking case for a B.A.R. If it is, I sure don't want to mess with him!!!
That is a European fuel tank. The EU has strict guidelines for fuel transport. Firearms are alien to Europeans. In Europe, private ownership of just one sporting firearm is prohibitively expensive. Hand guns don't exist in private ownership.

In Germany, every able bodied lad (and I think Lass) has to serve in the military, every one. No exceptions and no draft either.

When the German fellow came to look at my camper, he noticed I had my own range and inquired what I shot. I got a few out for him to look at. He especially liked my big S&W 44 magnum and my Performance Center 460.... No, I didn't let him shoot either. That might have been overload for him....

When he picks up the Lance, I just might let him do some plinking....
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #1842

My neighbor is selling his 2013 Lance model 1172. If you speak with the German again and feel like passing this along.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #1843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
My neighbor is selling his 2013 Lance model 1172. If you speak with the German again and feel like passing this along.
Just PM me and we can do the particulars. Don't know if he's interested or not but he might be. They have what he calls 'Caravan' clubs over there...

The whole thing was a complete shock to me. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think some dude from Germany would buy my camper in Michigan.

Not much TC interest here and I frequent TC forums because I have one. I come here because it's a FR TC. (Palomino). Been hauling a Dirt Bag for years now, Fits our lifestyle and it fits in the garage in the winter...lol

Never got into big camper trailers but I did own a Serro Scotty a long time ago (if you know what that is).
Old 04-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Yep. We have lived in Germany for over 10 years of our lives. Since I flyflish (which is a Very VERY Rich person's sport in Europe) I have rubbed elbows with those types - us regular guys have NO idea - these folks are in the Bill Gates realm of income.

Had a guy in Germany when we were there last (2012) that was going to pay cash for a Newell and tour the USA for a year, then Canada for a year then go back to Germany (FYI a Newell is $2 Million Motorhome)
I know what a Newell is can't afford the fuel, let alone the RV. My wife and I know a couple that owns a custom Prevost which I consider par with a Newell, maybe a bit more plush. Their's is black Imron on top and stainless on the lower with a 450 horse Detroit 60 series and a 7 speed Allison. Has a real marble bathroom and every convenience known to man. Been in it one time, cannot afford it either. Fun to be a guest though.

Like go fast boats. Always nice to get invited. Owning one, not on my wallet.

I'd take an Earth Roamer over either because I'm an outdoors person. Mega coach's don't work for me. If I cannot go off road, I don't want it. The only time you find us in a campground is if the wife and I are going to a horse show and even then I'll attempt to park at the show if they have room.

We visit out of town friends, the TC goes along. I can park in their driveway and have a place to sleep and not intrude on their privacy. If we go somewhere lime say a museum, it comes along. I can park in a normal parking spot on the street or in a lot.

One of the posters on here that owns a TC like ours is coming to visit us next month..and of course their TC is coming too. He can shore power in the back yard hook up to our water but still have their privacy come sleep time. It's a nice non-intrusive way to visit and travel. Why I like them so much.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #1845

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
That is a European fuel tank. The EU has strict guidelines for fuel transport. Firearms are alien to Europeans. In Europe, private ownership of just one sporting firearm is prohibitively expensive. Hand guns don't exist in private ownership.
Can't speak for the rest of Europe, but in Switzerland, every male citizen is required to own and maintain a rifle. And it's not a sporting rifle.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #1846

Quote:

In Germany, every able bodied lad (and I think Lass) has to serve in the military, every one. No exceptions and no draft either.

When the German fellow came to look at my camper, he noticed I had my own range and inquired what I shot. I got a few out for him to look at. He especially liked my big S&W 44 magnum and my Performance Center 460.... No, I didn't let him shoot either. That might have been overload for him....

Looks like this to me...

https://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-20095-...SIN=B0016SRAHQ
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #1847

That goofy looking Toad is what we call a Truggy here in Arizona. I have the remains of one out back. It was a cut down 56' Chevy truck with a 327 and power glide tranny. Drive line was about a foot long. A hoot to drive out in the desert around here. That was all the way back in 1982.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:00 AM   #1848

Quote:
I know what a Newell is can't afford the fuel, let alone the RV. My wife and I know a couple that owns a custom Prevost which I consider par with a Newell, maybe a bit more plush. Their's is black Imron on top and stainless on the lower with a 450 horse Detroit 60 series and a 7 speed Allison. Has a real marble bathroom and every convenience known to man. Been in it one time, cannot afford it either. Fun to be a guest though.

Like go fast boats. Always nice to get invited. Owning one, not on my wallet.

I'd take an Earth Roamer over either because I'm an outdoors person. Mega coach's don't work for me. If I cannot go off road, I don't want it. The only time you find us in a campground is if the wife and I are going to a horse show and even then I'll attempt to park at the show if they have room.

We visit out of town friends, the TC goes along. I can park in their driveway and have a place to sleep and not intrude on their privacy. If we go somewhere lime say a museum, it comes along. I can park in a normal parking spot on the street or in a lot.

One of the posters on here that owns a TC like ours is coming to visit us next month..and of course their TC is coming too. He can shore power in the back yard hook up to our water but still have their privacy come sleep time. It's a nice non-intrusive way to visit and travel. Why I like them so much.
Prevost always has several at the Tampa RV show in January. Went through one after removing shoes as is required. When coming out I asked the price ~~~ "$2.3" as in millions. The least expensive one there this year.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #1849
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:

The statement on German conscription is not correct. They stopped in 2011 and before that the men could refuse military service and choose some other alternative or volunteer state service for the 6 month requirement. Women were never required but could volunteer.
There is talk about bringing it back but many feel it will never be successful.

Apologies to everyone for the continued thread hijack

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #1850

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Want to talk ULTIMATE road trip -- check out this RV we spotted at the US Space & Rocket center in Huntsville, AL today

More importantly, check out where the RV is from

Wonder what THAT ferry ride cost them?!
Just past him in Oxford, AL he was getting onto the interstate. Impressive looking vehicle.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:40 AM   #1851

Seen in Walmart parking lot

Click image for larger version

Name:	walmartcamping.JPG
Views:	604
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	135714
scout3351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout3351 View Post
LOL.....

Recently in a thread there was a debate on the merits or drawbacks of yearly state mandated safety/mechanical inspections. This is a good example of the merits of them.

How can this guy even manage to make it 10 miles on the open road? Are the LEO's in AL blind LOL. I find it hard to believe he is not pulled over by the first officer that sees that mess.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:32 AM   #1853
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
LOL.....

Recently in a thread there was a debate on the merits or drawbacks of yearly state mandated safety/mechanical inspections. This is a good example of the merits of them.

How can this guy even manage to make it 10 miles on the open road? Are the LEO's in AL blind LOL. I find it hard to believe he is not pulled over by the first officer that sees that mess.
Agreed!!! and I am thinking the tow bar and Van are actually the only thing keeping the back of the RV off of the ground!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #1854
Failure is my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
Agreed!!! and I am thinking the tow bar and Van are actually the only thing keeping the back of the RV off of the ground!
I was thinking that was the point of the frame built over the top.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #1855
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Evil4U View Post
I was thinking that was the point of the frame built over the top.

Could be! I was thinking he stored his boat up there......

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #1856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
LOL.....

I would assume that since he is in a WalMart parking lot, he has passed a vehicle inspection and has his vehicle registered. Kind of shows how pointless those inspections are when a rig like that can pass.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #1857

Just a little summer project. By fall it will be all pretty and ready to go to Florida for the winter[emoji57]

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #1858

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Can't speak for the rest of Europe, but in Switzerland, every male citizen is required to own and maintain a rifle. And it's not a sporting rifle.
Switzerland is like N. Korea in the EU, a seperate entity. I have a distributor in Geneva for my products and he's a gun nut. I believe Austria is also that way. They do make fantastic binoculars, I have a pair of Swarvski's.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #1859

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout3351 View Post

Do you suppose the black piece across the van hood is a "Spark Arrester" to prevent the van from bursting into flames while traveling in the meteor shower created by the MH?
BigGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #1860

I thought the frame was to keep the sides from falling out.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote