Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #9301
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I still say "Ra-di-o" anytime I hear someone use that word.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:30 AM   #9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I still say "Ra-di-o" anytime I hear someone use that word.

Yep, yep, yep, yep yep.....
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:24 PM   #9303

Walmart parking lot

Not in the campground but wow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30077176674626.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	276778  
GDelage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:25 PM   #9304

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDelage View Post
Keeping with old TV shows, is this what happens when the Partridge Family gets into a fight and needs space?

Jim M.
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:41 AM   #9305

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDelage View Post
Looks like a Wal-martian habitat for sure.
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #9306

Had a twofer yesterday.

Had to run down the road from the campground to the local hardware store to pick up something we forgot to bring with us and of course needed. Passed one of those granite places that had the slabs of stone piled out front. Next to the pile near the road was what I presume to be a guy, sitting in a lawn chair, playing a guitar.... wearing a full feathered realistic chicken head over his! Would love to know what bet he lost

Got back to the campground and found a new neighbor in the pull-through's directly across from us with two elementary/middle school age children. On their site they also had a blow-up doll (yes, THAT type) prominently displayed wearing a short tutu skirt and a makeshift bra made out of two dessert sized paper plates. They spent the day moving it around their site from being displayed riding a bicycle to sitting with them for dinner at the picnic table and later around the campfire.
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:28 PM   #9307
Site Team

Maybe the granite place could not afford one of these.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	attention getter.png
Views:	141
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	277187  

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:30 PM   #9308
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvalley View Post
Had a twofer yesterday.

Had to run down the road from the campground to the local hardware store to pick up something we forgot to bring with us and of course needed. Passed one of those granite places that had the slabs of stone piled out front. Next to the pile near the road was what I presume to be a guy, sitting in a lawn chair, playing a guitar.... wearing a full feathered realistic chicken head over his! Would love to know what bet he lost

Got back to the campground and found a new neighbor in the pull-through's directly across from us with two elementary/middle school age children. On their site they also had a blow-up doll (yes, THAT type) prominently displayed wearing a short tutu skirt and a makeshift bra made out of two dessert sized paper plates. They spent the day moving it around their site from being displayed riding a bicycle to sitting with them for dinner at the picnic table and later around the campfire.
There's an old saying that, "It takes all kinds." The older I get, the less I believe in old sayings.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:34 PM   #9309

Quote:
You'll probably find the pictures of that doll on TicToc. People often travel with a small stuffed animal to help document their travels in pictures for Facebook or Tic Toc. First I've heard of a full sized blow up doll though.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:57 PM   #9310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
You'll probably find the pictures of that doll on TicToc. People often travel with a small stuffed animal to help document their travels in pictures for Facebook or Tic Toc. First I've heard of a full sized blow up doll though.
We have a gnome the children gave us. We just text the pics. No Fakebook or Tictck for me.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:40 PM   #9311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
At least the landing gear are there. I wish I had a picture I saw in a campground where there were cinder blocks used instead of landing gear.

I had the front bumper of a 1958 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible sitting on a cinder block while I worked under the hood with my feet under the front bumper. When the cinder block crumbled ...... I went to the hospital. No broken bones due largely to the shape of the bumper, but I was sore for a while. I was 16 at the time.
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #9312

Quote:
Had a twofer yesterday.

I am no longer surprised by the things people do but am often disappointed.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:46 PM   #9313
D W

Quote:
Had a twofer yesterday.

I have seen that before in our CG's. Some were even filled with helium. Another thing you see is "Bernies" (like in Weekend At Bernie's"). Folks just having fun. It's all in good fun, though. You have to laugh! My bride often comments 'what will they come up with next?'.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:08 PM   #9314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hclarkx View Post
I had the front bumper of a 1958 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible sitting on a cinder block while I worked under the hood with my feet under the front bumper. When the cinder block crumbled ...... I went to the hospital. No broken bones due largely to the shape of the bumper, but I was sore for a while. I was 16 at the time.
Oh yeah, one of my friends had that big Bonneville. Not a rag top. But it was better. It had "trips".
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:05 AM   #9315

We only stay in high class RV parks, as witnessed by this Rolls Royce cruising the park.

Name:	IMG_3652.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	277336

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:37 PM   #9316

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
We only stay in high class RV parks, as witnessed by this Rolls Royce cruising the park.
Attachment 277336

I don't see a receiver, so is it set up to be a toad???
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:28 AM   #9317

It is a local fella who just takes it out on nice days for a drive that includes a loop through the campground.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:20 PM   #9318
Open Space Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Attachment 277336

Is this his other ride?

RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:17 PM   #9319
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverComeOver View Post
Is this his other ride?

Love it!!
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:30 PM   #9320

There is a golf course across the street from the RV Park, and look what I see there!

Name:	IMG_3674.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	424.0 KB
ID:	277477