Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
I-20 West bound, coming in to Bossier City, LA.
We have just been taking the glass plate out each trip. It's part of the checklist, antenna, microwave, etc...

And we actually detoured up through Arkansas because of the bouncy roads in Shreveport, LA on our last return trip from down south. Got off at Tallulah and went north to Little Rock.

2008 Toy Tundra DC 5.7L Bagged w/LTs
Hensley Arrow
2012 Windjammer 3001W, Atriumed
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #22

Just take it out, not a big deal, another item on the old checklist, In a Moho, the crashing sound can be a big distraction will driving, gets the old heart pumping, lol.
Yochief1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #23

Second trip out last weekend, 200 mile round trip to Denny Creek in Washington state on westbound I-90 mp 57-51. There was a road construction sign in my lane of travel and so many cars in the left lane I had no choice but to smack it, although I hugged the centerline of the left lane very closely. Scraped my mirror and put nasty gouges in my awning poles. 1 more inch and there would have been fiberglass damage and likely broken glass from my windows. I am in the process of filing a tort claim. Thankfully no other damage to us or the cars behind us.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s, PI HW30-C, Equalizer 10k 4 way hitch,
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #24

sorry for the misfortune, but I would have never thought of this until......
Camper: 2014 Sandpiper 35ROK
Nights Camped in 2012 (truck camper) 16
Nights Camped in 2013 48
Brian and Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #25

I always remove the glass tray and store it with the pans. It actually just stays down there since I don't really use the micro much.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #26

Several years ago I had to investigate an incident that had occurred on the North Rim of the Black Canyon. I had to respond from Montrose over an hour away. As I approached the rim down Grizzly Gulch I saw a large motorhome parked along the side of the road. The motorhome was parked in an outbound direction. Since my response time had been so long I stopped to talk with the motorhome occupants figuring they might be able to shed light on the incident I was preparing to investigate. I knocked on the door and the man and wife invited me in. The access road in those days was gravel, dust and lots of washboard. The interior of the motorhome was a wreck; dishes, books, utensils, canned goods, you name it scattered on the furniture and floor. Dust was everywhere it looked like they'd housed mules or other livestock inside for the night. They were unhappy but in good humor. The husband said this is why we usually don't go on back roads it's going to take us a month to get the dust out of here. Since those days the road to the north rim is a little better NPS and the county put Mag Chloride on it on a regular basis. Since I bought our Georgetown I remember these folks and tend to take the toad on the back roads and keep the Gtown on the pavement.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #27

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
We had ours come flying out of the convection oven and hit the floor. Those suckers are tough! Luckily nothing was damaged. Since then we take the microwave dish out and stow it until arrival. I'm not taking that chance again.
Ours came out of the convection oven too because we think the door was left unlatched, it hit the tile floor and went in every direction in thankfully big enough pieces to find, had to buy a new one. Now we too take it out and stow it away.
I like your idea Bob of using paper towel rolls to keep it in place.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote