Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 7,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by httntheroad View Post
Doesnt the article state Sale,? You will still be able to use existing equipment. I just see a lot of out of state purchases.
At this point we are all just ranting on our mini soapbox
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
IchLiebeBier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 443
Not what I would call good timing for that particular law

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...-in-california
__________________
2019 Heritage Glen LTZ 272RL
2018 Ram 2500 CTD
IchLiebeBier is offline   Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
At this point we are all just ranting on our mini soapbox
Ranting, and wasting time. I don't have a clue about which country(s) are leading the way with clean air, nor do I care anymore because it's a losing battle for us. I've flown all over the world and had the privilege of being able to look down while cruising along at 45,000 feet and seeing what pollution really looks like. Go look at China, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, and many others and it's easy to see they have more pollution in each 100 square miles than the USA has in its entire land area.
emm-dee is online now   Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 09:43 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
lesptr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Ranting, and wasting time. I don't have a clue about which country(s) are leading the way with clean air, nor do I care anymore because it's a losing battle for us. I've flown all over the world and had the privilege of being able to look down while cruising along at 45,000 feet and seeing what pollution really looks like. Go look at China, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, and many others and it's easy to see they have more pollution in each 100 square miles than the USA has in its entire land area.

This is a true statement. Iíve seen it myself. But somehow itís OUR responsibility.
SMH
__________________
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK
2015 F350 6.7
lesptr is offline   Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #65
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by httntheroad View Post
Doesnt the article state Sale,? You will still be able to use existing equipment. I just see a lot of out of state purchases.
As with any law, the devil is always in the details. While the Law may appear vague right now, I imagine that when the "regulators", i.e CARB, get done with their review, it will be more restrictive and punitive in nature. So, buckle-up.
__________________
'07 K3500 Silverado LT Crew Duramax (LBZ)
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2,155
So here is the actual pertinent text of the new law:

43018.11. (a) (1) By July 1, 2022, the state board shall, consistent with federal law, adopt cost-effective and technologically feasible regulations to prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions from new small off-road engines, as defined by the state board. Those regulations shall apply to engines produced on or after January 1, 2024, or as soon as the state board determines is feasible, whichever is later.

Interesting wording.
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,170
"off-road"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
So here is the actual pertinent text of the new law:

43018.11. (a) (1) By July 1, 2022, the state board shall, consistent with federal law, adopt cost-effective and technologically feasible regulations to prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions from new small off-road engines, as defined by the state board. Those regulations shall apply to engines produced on or after January 1, 2024, or as soon as the state board determines is feasible, whichever is later.

Interesting wording.
Thanks for posting that, Commander. I guess all the discussion about lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and chainsaws is moot. But the would-be owners of side-by-sides and four-wheelers need to buy now or forever hold their peace.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 06:31 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Thanks for posting that, Commander. I guess all the discussion about lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and chainsaws is moot. But the would-be owners of side-by-sides and four-wheelers need to buy now or forever hold their peace.
No....off-road engine is any engine used to power equipment whose primary function is not to propel the equipment on public roadways. Section one of the new law:

SECTION 1. (a) The Legislature finds and declares all of the following:
(1) Small off-road engines (SORE), which are used primarily in lawn and garden equipment

Here's the linky:
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...owamends=false
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 08:15 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
JRHERE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 210
Problem solved. The below pictured wood chip burner will run on totally renewable, non fossil, fuel.
Cellulose burner. Commonly known as a wood gas burner.
Wood. Japan ran all sorts of vehicles with these contraptions.
It works. Gasoline is better.
The new small engine law will garuntee an underground "used" equipment market complete with proper dates and serial numbers. There's always a solution (work around) to onerous laws if there's a few Benjamin's involved.
California's proposed new lawn engine law is equivalent to the proverbial butterfly wing flap...in China. It's a feint to take greenies' minds off of the upcoming massive need for fossil fuel powered electricity.
I need popcorn...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211013-210030_Google.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	264382
JRHERE is offline   Reply
Old 10-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #70
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 6,984
I guess that would include boat engines too! Lots of boats on CA's vast shoreline....it's so hard not to laugh at these people and their unrealistic dreams.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
Yes, I drink the water!
NJKris is online now   Reply
Old 10-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I guess that would include boat engines too! Lots of boats on CA's vast shoreline....it's so hard not to laugh at these people and their unrealistic dreams.
How many boats are powered by <25hp engines? In CA it serms like 250hp is barely "entry level".


In an earlier post it was mentioned the zero emission's requirement went into effect when that was technologically feasible. A law with similar technological requiment was passed years ago requiring the stamping of an ID number on fired ammunition cases. (Offered only because of similarity, not for discussion of the items involved)
To my knowlege no such technology exists beyond the creative minds in high office and no signs of any soon.

Will this law have any effect? Or will it just be a feel-good act that appeases a few voters?
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 10-14-2021, 06:54 PM   #72
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 6,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
How many boats are powered by <25hp engines? In CA it serms like 250hp is barely "entry level".


In an earlier post it was mentioned the zero emission's requirement went into effect when that was technologically feasible. A law with similar technological requiment was passed years ago requiring the stamping of an ID number on fired ammunition cases. (Offered only because of similarity, not for discussion of the items involved)
To my knowlege no such technology exists beyond the creative minds in high office and no signs of any soon.

Will this law have any effect? Or will it just be a feel-good act that appeases a few voters?
I missed the 25hp thing. I just read 'small engines' and lumped outboard engines into that in my head. I forgot everybody runs 1000 hp outboards now, lol.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
Yes, I drink the water!
NJKris is online now   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #73
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 76
California simply needs to ban God. Then I will sit back and see how that goes
Thatdarncat is offline   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 11:13 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berryville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatdarncat View Post
California simply needs to ban God. Then I will sit back and see how that goes
I think they are just about there!
__________________


2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Mythplaced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHERE View Post
Problem solved. The below pictured wood chip burner will run on totally renewable, non fossil, fuel.
Cellulose burner. Commonly known as a wood gas burner.
Wood.

Attachment 264382
Trees are made of CARBON, Burning carbon contributes to pollution. So while it takes 24 hours to burn a tree, it takes 20 years to replace said tree. Doesn't sound to "clean" OR "renewable" to me. YMMV.
__________________

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #76
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
I think they are just about there!
LOL, Yea, when they do all their problems in California will be solved once and for all.
__________________
2017 Palomino 25RBxle lite thingy
Yanked around by a 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 cummins thingy
Thatdarncat is offline   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 2,321
Just exited California yesterday.

My son showed me the mowing solution in San Francisco. They have herds of goats to take care of the grass. On the cities payroll!

All the reservoirs are very low. Locals are fighting over it! Getting worse.

Electricity is double Ohio. No new plants being built. Likely need 20 years.

Current blackouts.

Kind of makes no sense to me.

What a pretty state! Everything costs more!
tomkatb is offline   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #78
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post
Yes, those are called solar panels. I've also seen some small rv windmills . Personally I have boondocked for weeks without starting the generator with only 400 watts of solar. Getting water was a bigger issue than electricity

So yes, there is such a thing as electric generators. Not cheap, but there are alternatives.
Spare us that analogy. Running an RV out in the woods off a solar panel has no comparison to running a 250K sq ft super market 24/7/365 with it's massive HVAC and refrigeration systems. And windmills?, we have two wind farms here in Alaska. One in Kodiak, the other up near Fairbanks called the Eva Creek Windfarm. The Eva Creek complex has 12 windmills. At any given time only half of the are operating. The others sit idle due to bearing and mainshaft failures. Repair require a super crane that costs $2700/ hr. All the repair costs get passed on to Golden Valley Electric customers.
__________________
'07 K3500 Silverado LT Crew Duramax (LBZ)
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply
Old 10-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #79
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Yep, nothing worse than cow farts! Except volcanos, that is. We should ban volcanoes.
I dont know, my cat has been known to clear a room on more than one occasion
Lincman983 is online now   Reply
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.