Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2021, 01:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,073
This could get interesting-----

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...edgdhp&pc=U531


No more small gas engines in CA after 2024 --- Including generators.

Sounds like boondockers will need to have good solar systems and most likely LiFePo4 batteries.

Wonder if this applies to visiting campers too.

Who knows, maybe Honda will throw some money into the campaign to get this law overturned
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PopFla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida
Posts: 132
Exclamation

2024

One word explains it all. California.
__________________
2018 Georgetown XL 377TS
2020 Jeep Gladiator "Toad"

FROG - FL-0145-951
Loving Life in "God's Waiting Room"
PopFla is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
5er_tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,623
I find no reason to go there. I was born there and lived there until 1978. Nope, not going back for any reason.
__________________
Tom & Renťe
Durham, NC

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopFla View Post
2024

One word explains it all. California.
Fixed it. Could claim it was a test to see if anyone read the link though


All these laws in CA are kind of like inflating an already filled balloon. I keep wondering when just one more puff (law/regulation) will cause the State to explode and cause everyone to move here


Also wondering when the State will extract the last drop of water from it's already declining sources
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,861
The law bans only the sale of those items, not possession or use of the items. Don't get me wrong, it's still a horrible law. The problem with California politics is that it migrates north and Oregon and Washington will soon follow. But yes, if motor homes are still legal to sell in California (and they will probably ban those too), I wonder if they will have to sell them without generators for those models that normally have factory installed generators?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #6
Site Team
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,421
Please keep the political comments out of this discussion per the Site Guidelines, quoted below, or this thread will be closed.

General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
__________________
Wayne and Christine
2022 Sunseeker TS2380AFT On Order


RedLdr1 is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
IchLiebeBier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 437
Well they better start upgrading their electrical grid. Rolling blackouts now, and they aren't even charging electric stuff en masse yet.
__________________
2019 Heritage Glen LTZ 272RL
2018 Ram 2500 CTD
IchLiebeBier is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,861
Here's another similar thread:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ws-241534.html

With the current fossil fuel attack happening, and it sure looks like a predicted energy shortage coming up in the areas of electricity, liquid fuels and gas fuels...I would say it is probably wise for RV owners to start seriously looking at LiFePO4 batteries and solar. We might start finding our RVs to be our safe havens when we either no longer have the capability (as in it's just not there), or cannot afford gas and electricity for our homes. I think this is becoming more and more of a potential dark reality (pun intended) rather than just conspiracy theories.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:43 PM   #9
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 4,110
I guess they'll figure out where all the electricity is going to come from by 2035, because right now they're hard pressed to keep the lights on as it is. They ain't going to power the state with wind and solar. This could be the biggest boondoggle in the history of U.S. Industrialization.
__________________
'07 K3500 Silverado LT Crew Duramax (LBZ)
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 02:49 PM   #10
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 26,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I find no reason to go there. I was born there and lived there until 1978. Nope, not going back for any reason.
I was born there and lived there for 60 years. We left and will never go back to live there. But we still will visit friends and family there and camp in the still beautiful and wondrous state.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
The law bans only the sale of those items, not possession or use of the items. Don't get me wrong, it's still a horrible law. The problem with California politics is that it migrates north and Oregon and Washington will soon follow. But yes, if motor homes are still legal to sell in California (and they will probably ban those too), I wonder if they will have to sell them without generators for those models that normally have factory installed generators?
If use is not banned but one can't buy a new one, logic might suggest that there will be a large underground market for Boondockers to shop in when looking for a portable generator. Underground often translates to places where stolen items (generators in this case), are readily available.


Somehow I see nothing good coming from this for campers or the environment.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...edgdhp&pc=U531


No more small gas engines in CA after 2024 --- Including generators.

Sounds like boondockers will need to have good solar systems and most likely LiFePo4 batteries.

Wonder if this applies to visiting campers too.

Who knows, maybe Honda will throw some money into the campaign to get this law overturned


When Gavin refuses all imports from China, Iíll take his concern for climate change seriously. Until then Iíll live in Florida, and camp in the SE where we love freedom.
__________________
I wished Iíd gone camping sooner in life.
Traveling Circus is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,861
According to another news source: The new law applies to any engine that produces less than 25 gross horsepower, including lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chainsaws, golf carts, specialty vehicles, generators and pumps.

Well.... that makes the solution pretty simple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3a.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	264207
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 04:00 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Circus View Post
When Gavin refuses all imports from China, Iíll take his concern for climate change seriously. Until then Iíll live in Florida, and camp in the SE where we love freedom.
What makes you think he isn't? Look at all those container ships off the coast that can't get unloaded.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
According to another news source: The new law applies to any engine that produces less than 25 gross horsepower, including lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chainsaws, golf carts, specialty vehicles, generators and pumps.

Well.... that makes the solution pretty simple.

Attachment 264207
Coming soon to a landscaper in CA:

__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 7,363
Ok, so you ban the sale of an unwanted item but you can still own them. I love it! It is a global economy and I can order stuff from anywhere! Just like they banned the sale of diesel delete/tuner kits, so now we order them from Canada Good grief....
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 06:43 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Ok, so you ban the sale of an unwanted item but you can still own them. I love it! It is a global economy and I can order stuff from anywhere! Just like they banned the sale of diesel delete/tuner kits, so now we order them from Canada Good grief....
This is nothing new. Remember when the high wattage headlights and " driving lights" came out. Illegal to use on highway so mfr's just labeled "for off road use only". More were sold for highway vehicles than off road use by many times

List is long.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 07:00 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Central coast Calif.
Posts: 158
So no weedeaters, use a sickle, no log splitters, use a sledgehammer and wedge, no chainsaw, use an axe, no leaf blower, use a broom, no lawnmowers, use a push mower, no gas powered hedge trimmer, use the old scissor type. I see the cost of landscaping going up. This is a great California idea, we come up with the best!
Capacitor is online now   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
dsjohns71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacitor View Post
So no weedeaters, use a sickle, no log splitters, use a sledgehammer and wedge, no chainsaw, use an axe, no leaf blower, use a broom, no lawnmowers, use a push mower, no gas powered hedge trimmer, use the old scissor type. I see the cost of landscaping going up. This is a great California idea, we come up with the best!


Umm battery powered everything, unless they outlaw those too.. gotta hate Cali.
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 07:46 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Central coast Calif.
Posts: 158
Batteries need charging. Where does that come from? Canít imagine the battery I would need to work my 25 ton log splitter.
Capacitor is online now   Reply
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.