Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #21

Seriously? You see something interesting and don't want to share with others. I don't believe he was endorsing it, he simply wanted to expose us to it. Actually it started a nice discussion about quality, Australian imports, European shipments etc.. I read this forum every day to learn something new. Keep it coming.
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
How much in our RVs is truly American. Technically Mexico, USA and Canada are America! Since we are the US OF A!

Wouldn’t go that far. Lol. We are all part of North America. Lol.
emjayuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #23

Love it

First off have to say I love this forum. Pretty new to RVing but read almost everything to try and learn as much as I can. I would say China's labor force and parts suppliers are probably on par with the US. My experience is limited but what I've seen and read is the US RV industry pretty much sucks and most price points. There are exceptions, but Forest River doesn't seem to be one. Just my humble experience and reading a lot of horror stories. And of course we the consumer just keep throwing money at the manufacturers without much concern for poor quality. Given all the modifications I've made to my Wolf Pup a China cheapo might be cool if the price was right. Love you guys....
NatlChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain View Post
I simply cannot imagine an individual that would be a Forest River member would STILL take the time and effort to photograph and post pictures of a piece of China trash. I believe "Buy American" is quickly losing purchase.

Made is China does not necessarily mean poor quality. It has everything to do with specs and materials used.

Many things are designed in Germany, the U.S., Canada, and built in China. Almost EVERY electronic device has Chinese 'made' parts that have good quality materials and specs.

Now. When we're talking about Chinese ripoffs or cheap things that are made in China... THAT stuff is garbage (EXAMPLE: many tools from Harbor Freight). Hell, every Apple product is made in China, and is as good as quality as you can get even if you don't like how they operate.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #25
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
Made is China does not necessarily mean poor quality. It has everything to do with specs and materials used.

Many things are designed in Germany, the U.S., Canada, and built in China. Almost EVERY electronic device has Chinese 'made' parts that have good quality materials and specs.

Now. When we're talking about Chinese ripoffs or cheap things that are made in China... THAT stuff is garbage (EXAMPLE: many tools from Harbor Freight). Hell, every Apple product is made in China, and is as good as quality as you can get even if you don't like how they operate.
I've said that for years. I-phones are the state-of-the-art as far as quality goes, and they are made in China.

The Chinese will build in exactly as much quality as you are willing to pay for.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #26

Lighten up

Quote:
I simply cannot imagine an individual that would be a Forest River member would STILL take the time and effort to photograph and post pictures of a piece of China trash. I believe "Buy American" is quickly losing purchase.

He didn't say he thought it was a wonderful TT and a great deal; only that it was unique and others may like to see it. I did, unusual.

pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Harsh.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
So what if it's Chinese, if it gets the industry thinking then it's a good thing. And if the Price is right it could bring in a whole new group of People that start enjoying the RV lifestyle.
NO. NO. NO! Don't do ANYTHING that results in better quality. What we want is to publish widely that ALL rv's are crap! That will discourage people from buying them. That will mean way fewer RV's on the road. That will mean more campsite availability!!!

That trailer brings back memories of the Ford Woodies!!!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
NO. NO. NO! Don't do ANYTHING that results in better quality. What we want is to publish widely that ALL rv's are crap! That will discourage people from buying them. That will mean way fewer RV's on the road. That will mean more campsite availability!!!

That trailer brings back memories of the Ford Woodies!!!
BTW, Texas and southern Oklahoma are both closed! All sites are taken!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #30

It's not all garbage

Quote:

I have to make a point here about Harbor Freight tools. Not everything is garbage. I have some darn good tools from HF, and they were a lot cheaper than some of the more famous brands.
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
I have to make a point here about Harbor Freight tools. Not everything is garbage. I have some darn good tools from HF, and they were a lot cheaper than some of the more famous brands.
YES! I actually own some HF stuff and some of it is okay.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #32

Quote:
I simply cannot imagine an individual that would be a Forest River member ...
Not just "a member". Ependydad has contributed vast amounts of knowledge and research on this site.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #33

WOW, a See In and See Out shower! I love it!
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Not just "a member". Ependydad has contributed vast amounts of knowledge and research on this site.
Bigotry knows no bounds.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjayuu View Post
Wouldn’t go that far. Lol. We are all part of North America. Lol.
That's what I said.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Bigotry knows no bounds.
X2!
Old 01-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
So true, there are some good tools there, but if you use tools professionally, you more than likely use professional tools that you don't buy at HF. That being said, yeah, they're a great place for cheap tools.

To the OP- I see you got hijacked. Sorry about that. Love the info and pics about the tiny trailers.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #38
waybeck2018

With that attitude I sure hope I never camp next to Fountain! Give it a break, relax some. New things peak our interests....unless you keep your head in a hole.
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #39
geezer with gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Saw a pair of these at the RV service center were we dropped the rig off at. Guy (owner of a neighboring business) said they were built in China and shipped via container to here.
Cool!

Thinking outside the box using wood!!

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86 2018: 57 2019: 30
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
Cool!

Thinking outside the box using wood!!