Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #41

Well my sister and I were introduced to camping young and it has been some time. As the boy when old enough my duties were to fill the trailer with water, make sure tires had the correct amount of air, check all the other fluid levels, help load the trailer with supplies. While camping my dad always had something mechanical for us to work on, I think he brought stuff along just so we had something.

My sister helped packing the groceries away and also with meals.

We had a rule that the cook never did the dishes...so we alternated hence I learned how to cook and wash dishes. Rainy days were card games mostly or the odd board game, I am sure there are more advanced hand held computer games out there now!

We had walkie talkies, my Dad must of had 200ft of rope....I tied everything up if it didn't move fast enough...that's how I caught the wife...keeping it "G" rated..!

We took turns as navigator as well, sure built lessons about reading a map and math. We also got to chose a restaurant if it was a long enough trip...not sure Mom n Dad enjoyed all those fast food places but they let us..!

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #42

Kids love the water...I kinda figure you arent a kid anymore when you stop getting in the water to play. Here is to hoping all of us still get in the water!

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #43

oooh yeh, 2 way radios.

A bit in background info...My wife and I bought part of a farm a few years before we had kids. It has 10 acres of timothy at the top of a hill and the rest is woods including a seasonal creek. We boondock up in the field.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130308_082643.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	25208

We mostly camp at NY state parks when we go "modern". not much trouble there either.

Anyway, as our kids got older and wanted some independence we allowed then to "explore" as long as they stuck together and could communicate with the radios. The kids never went far, and besides they really couldn't get in trouble. Our dogs kept any critters away from them. They still love the adventure of finding something neat to show mom and dad.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #44

Oh, yes, we also have walkie talkies, for when the kids want to wander or use the restroom.
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #45
Just Love to Camp

Oh the joy of camping with your little ones. Nothing is more fun in my eyes!!! I wouldn't have started camping if it wasn't for my kids

Started camping when my son was 10 months old. Now he is 9 1/2 and DR is 6

Dump trucks in my family rocked when they were younger. This is the first year that we are taking them out to make room for older kids stuff. They will still go to the beach

TV and movies are only allowed in my camper on raining cold days!!!! They can do that at home

Bug nets, bubbles, creek shoes, umbrella. Yes my kids love to play with them

Monitor a must. Sony makes one that has a ton of channels so you don't pick someone else camper. Don't forget to turn the transmitter off at night our when you are not using it. Someone else can pick up what goes on in your camper.

CAMERA!!!!!! So you capture those memories!!!!!!!

Bikes, scooter, washer toss, water guns. Always need buckets. For everything

They love to cook help set up and tear down.... My son loves to lock up what ever he can

We also use the fire changing stuff and glow sticks which is a big hit
Radio a must also

Baby wipes even if you don't have babies anymore.

It will remove just about anything. Including hitch grease!!!

Kites, air plane, remote control cars, blanket for out side

Also on a serious note. Meds. Benadryl, Motrin, pepto

Spent a entire Easter weekend with one who had the stomach flu. But an didn't want to go home. Die hard she was. Changed her bed 7 times that weekend. So EXTRA set of sheets for every bed

I could go on and on. All though it would get even more scatter brained. So I will stop. If I think of more I will let you know

One last thing. Make a list always. If you don't you will forget something!!!

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote