Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
kak

Toilets

Hello I hope everyone is well and looking forward to some camping soon. DNR in MI sent word yesterday state parks opening end of June. We are from MI living in NC and have a 2 week trip to UP planned for end of July first of Aug. Looks like it's a GO. Can't wait to stand on the shores of beautiful Lake Superior and drink it all in! I have been doing some research on composting toilets for use in rv. We have a tt. I would appreciate anyone who has or is currently using one for input. Do you like them? Are they easy to dump and where do you dump? Are they any less nasty to dump than hooking up to a dump station? Any brand better than another? Any input greatly appreciated. Thank you. Happy camping
kak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:55 AM   #2

You might want to change your title to "composting toilets" in order to get more direct responses - good luck with your search. Have you tried doing a search of the Forum for "composting toilets" ?
camperpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #3

I saw a pretty comprehensive video about RV composting toilets on YouTube and my thoughts on the matter went from no to hell no. I personally can see no reason to ever switch over a trailer that already has black and gray tanks other than possibly someone boondocking for extended periods of time who has other ways to deal with gray water. But for the vast majority of trips where you need to replenish fresh water and dump the gray tank it just doesn't make sense. In that case, it's just one more handle to pull at the dump station.
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote