Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
If you don't mind urban, you should consider some time in Washington DC visiting the Smithsonian. The Air & Space museum is a must. The Holocaust museum however, might be a bit much for an 8 year old. Limit you time as you can exhaust yourself just doing 1 museum & there are many. One or two days is enough for me.
the OP asked about places West of Memphis.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #22

Grand Canyon, Glacier NP, Theodore Roosevelt NP, Arches NP, Badlands NP, Mt Rushmore, Grand Teton NP all get my vote.
Top B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #23

Ride the narrow gauge steam train out of Durango, Colorado. Request seats on the right side because the track hugs the left side of the canyon most of the time. Reserve seats as early as you can because they do sell out. You can get an enclosed car or an open car. It spends two hours in Silverton and returns in the afternoon. The ride down is smoky since the engine isn't working hard enough to blast the smoke high, but you can take a bus back. If the round trips are booked you can take the bus one way and the train the other. If possible, take the morning train up and the bus back if you have to split the trip.

Home | Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Train
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #24

Depending on your route. If you go north on 55 out of Memphis, you could see Ozark National Scenic Riverways. (I think someone mentioned this earlier.) If you go to St. Louis, the Arch, St. Louis Cardinals, (Fan or no this is a first class organization and stadium) St. Louis Zoo (Which is free admission) and St. Louis is also a microbrew haven....no you dont have to drink to excess, they all serve good food also....and finally in Missouri the Branson/Lakes area.

Out west I liked the Grand Canyon, Four Corners, (not really sure why) and Mesa Verde.
JeffMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
Just my opinion

We're planning on seeing a lot of these in a few years. We're planning on a 20 state 2 month adventure in 2016. Mt rushmore I forgot about, but we plan on going right through south dakota. We're from st louis originally to we plan on silver dollar city. Haven't been there in 20 years.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2013 - days engaged in camping so for... (28)
normh915 is offline   Reply With Quote