Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 09:21 AM   #1

Trailer moving dolly

Need a little input on whether I can(or at least not give myself a hernia) move my grey wolf 26DBH with a manual dolly?

It will only be moved around the inside of my workshop on level concrete.

Or should I just up the ante and go to the Trailer Valet.

To be honest, I really don't know how "easy" it is to steer either of them.

I half figure that pulling 6,000+ pounds rolling on concrete might not be terrible. It's the pushing it back into the corner that worries me.

Even though I really like cool and expensive toys, the Trailer Valet is the most expensive version of a dolly I will consider. The other battery/electric models are much too expensive for my limited use.

I did a search, but I really didn't find anything that described how hard or easy any of them would be to actually use.

Thanks
lizARdman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #2

How easy is really determined by your level of fitness, size, and age. I have to ask why not use you TV to move the rig. That may require two folks with radios if you are getting close to walls. With that said you can purchase electric/gas aircraft dollies on the used market which are easily adaptable to a trailer for reasonable money. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
llr

If it was me I would try one of the cheap harbor freight ones 1st and see how it goes. Just keep in mind you won't be moving it very fast. Also if you have someone else to help push/pull it would help.
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:30 PM   #4

I can pull it into the building with TV, but I want to fine tune its exact parking spot inside the building so that I can also put a 24' enclosed trailer in beside it. It will be much easier placing the trailers with the dolly than my TV.

I am not in bad shape, but not olympic grade athlete either. The camper is over 25 times heavier than me. That is a lot of mass and I don't know if I have a lever long enough to move the world.

If it makes me mad, I will not hulk out and be able to move it any better than with a well thought out plan.
lizARdman15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer