Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #1

Travel log or journal

I have kept a journal of our travels since 2000 - just wonder if anyone else does. Have a friend that used to winter in Quartzsite, AZ & he can go back & tell you what the temps were in years past.

In our journal this summer I even posted a picture of our three month old great grandson visiting our campsite. Wish I had done this when our grandchildren were young - now they are parents themselves.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #2

Yes, I keep a logbook and have an entry for every day we are camping. This helps me keep track of the total miles on the trailer and to remember all the things we did on the road. I log all maintenance so I can look back and tell exactly when it was done. I got the initial logbook at Camping World but I soon discarded the cover and put the pages in a nicer book. I still get the refills from Camping World. And I record the weather every single day, just as your friend did. You mentioned posting a photo in your journal. Do you do it electronically? That might be a better way, except I sort of enjoy being away from computers when I'm camping.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #3

You mentioned posting a photo in your journal. Do you do it electronically? That might be a better way, except I sort of enjoy being away from computers when I'm camping.[/QUOTE]

I printed a billfold size picture & then put clear tape over it - don't know how long that will look good.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #4

My dear wife keeps a short log of all our trips. Nothing too fancy. Just the highs or low points of each trip. Only enough to jog our memories when we get beyond the traveling years. We hope that day never comes!!! Old Guys
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #5

My wife has been doing the notebook thing for years. Really helps when I want to get fuel and she will tell me where we stopped and how much it cost on the previous trip. Also helps when she has a note that says "Don't ever stop here again". She always writes what time we cross state lines and where the rest stops are. Glad she has something to do while I watch traffic. As far as pictures, ever since the digital camera came along I take pics everywhere and put them on the computer when we get home. Wifey just loves posing for pics
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #6

My DW has had a journal for every trip we have taken.( 44 years ) She makes notes on time of travel , place for fuel, campgrounds, parks, best ice cream places and the total expense of the trip. It is fun to look back at some of the places and compare when we are in that area of the country again.
f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150k View Post
My DW has had a journal for every trip we have taken.( 44 years ) She makes notes on time of travel , place for fuel, campgrounds, parks, best ice cream places and the total expense of the trip. It is fun to look back at some of the places and compare when we are in that area of the country again.
Same here only it's been for 26 years. Also we try to get a sticker or something from any new place we visit to attach to a page in the book. Wife also logs miles and fuel used, price paid, where we stopped and anything else she feels would be important.

Fun to look through from time to time.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote