Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 06:51 PM   #41
Insert witty title here

Whenever my card is giving me problems at the pump, I talk to the cashier over the intercom and they can usually get it going without me having to go inside.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #42

I can see why a lot of campers pull into Pilot/Flying J it’s easy in and out. But it’s something you pay for in high price for gas and diesel. But it’s probably worth it. I have auxiliary tank so I can find cheap fuel when I stop for the night. The Pilot/Flying J give service, you can stop for something to eat, it’s not a bad deal. It takes a long time to pay for a $1,000 auxiliary tank a few gallons at the time. We have had one for ten years
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete4ever2 View Post
FYI

HAVE ANY OF YOU NOTICED THAT MANY : PILOT & FLYING J TRUCK STOPS WON'T TAKE ( CREDIT CARD FIRST AND WHEN ASKED FOR LOYALTY OR DISCOUNT CARD- IF YOU USE A GOOD SAM CARD: YOU GET A: " SEE CASHIER" MESSAGE) GOOD SAM CARDS AT PUMP?
COPY FROM GOOD SAM PAGE: Does it work at truck diesel lanes?
You will need to come inside, scan your Good Sam Club membership card, and prepay in order to use at the truck lanes. You will NOT need to come inside using the RV or auto lanes. The discount at the truck diesel lanes will be off the cash or credit price depending on how you pay.

THEN YOU HAVE TO GO INSIDE' PAST ALL THE GAMES, FOOD & MERCHANDISE, TO GET TO A " CASHIER" WHO SAYS USE YOUR " LOYALTY CARD OR GUESS A NUMBER( $50.00 / $60.00 MINE) AND COME BACK IN AFTER SHE/ HE SWIPES YOUR CREDIT/ DEBIT CARD AGAIN ( PLACING A " HOLD " FOR THE AMOUNT YOU " GUESSED AT ) THEN PUMP! Then return and s/he will :"CANCEL THE HOLD AND REENTER. A ' CHARGE' FOR THE ACTUAL AMOUT ( $43.00/ $55.00) Then provide both cancel & charge receipts?

Next station : NO PROBLEM ? SWIPE+ SWIPE - PUMP REGSERS DUCOUNT AND PROVIDES S
A PRINTED RECIEPT LIKE EVERY WHERE ( PUMP LIMIT SET AT $150.00 CAS OR - $ 495.00 FOR YOUR CARD WITH DIESEL AT THE TRUCK LANES?) ELSE?

I KNOW IT'S ONLY 0.05¢ OR 0.08¢. BUT WHY?
Notice the other s/he uses THEIR CARD which I can't get unless I was a "professional large volume" purchaser? Theirs goes right thru ?
Both Flying J & pilot's all advertise -" instant savings" as does , GOOD SAM!
I know the gimmicks are to get the customer in, if only o " use the rest room" full of ads and exit past all that merchandise but how do they selectively " get away with it? Are ANY of you following up ( like I have and am) with the complaint procedure at all three with copies of the " receipts" and with my credit card company ( it costs time & money to accept- hold- cancel- re-authorize- enter the charge and rebill?) They didn't like it but : added me to he "long" list if complains? One even reduced my interest rate and increased my limit by just calling them! Yes I'm old, senile and tired but: that arithmetic doesn't seem to work in any way? ( Except the sales " gimmicks" trick) yet they advertise and DO charge for the service? I just renewed for 3 years ( deal 1yr = 0 , 2yr = $25.00 gift card and discount or 3yr= gift card and discount too) and tis just started in April an progressively is getting worse/ more often/ more locations.

No one involved seems to :" care "?

FYI or is it a real reason I'm missing?

Hope this isn't/ doesn't happen to you, GOOD SAM has been great with us, Camping world fscounts and Vio Treatment, wow. Some inform us of " mgr. Specials" and other, beyond the call of duty courtesies? Several times we were given expired sale prices r equal or better's? Can't say enough good things about them!

If it's only us: let us know ( cildren come in handy over 18?) I'd hate to do that and probably won't: but after 70 a nickel & $2.00 a dump seems to get bigger and more valuable?

Be safe, happy and may God bless your travels! 8-)
Been saying this for a long time, and keep getting told I'm wrong.

I don't go there anymore unless emergency.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete4ever2 View Post
FYI

HAVE ANY OF YOU NOTICED THAT MANY : PILOT & FLYING J TRUCK STOPS WON'T TAKE ( CREDIT CARD FIRST AND WHEN ASKED FOR LOYALTY OR DISCOUNT CARD- IF YOU USE A GOOD SAM CARD: YOU GET A: " SEE CASHIER" MESSAGE) GOOD SAM CARDS AT PUMP?
COPY FROM GOOD SAM PAGE: Does it work at truck diesel lanes?
You will need to come inside, scan your Good Sam Club membership card, and prepay in order to use at the truck lanes. You will NOT need to come inside using the RV or auto lanes. The discount at the truck diesel lanes will be off the cash or credit price depending on how you pay.

THEN YOU HAVE TO GO INSIDE' PAST ALL THE GAMES, FOOD & MERCHANDISE, TO GET TO A " CASHIER" WHO SAYS USE YOUR " LOYALTY CARD OR GUESS A NUMBER( $50.00 / $60.00 MINE) AND COME BACK IN AFTER SHE/ HE SWIPES YOUR CREDIT/ DEBIT CARD AGAIN ( PLACING A " HOLD " FOR THE AMOUNT YOU " GUESSED AT ) THEN PUMP! Then return and s/he will :"CANCEL THE HOLD AND REENTER. A ' CHARGE' FOR THE ACTUAL AMOUT ( $43.00/ $55.00) Then provide both cancel & charge receipts?

Next station : NO PROBLEM ? SWIPE+ SWIPE - PUMP REGSERS DUCOUNT AND PROVIDES S
A PRINTED RECIEPT LIKE EVERY WHERE ( PUMP LIMIT SET AT $150.00 CAS OR - $ 495.00 FOR YOUR CARD WITH DIESEL AT THE TRUCK LANES?) ELSE?

I KNOW IT'S ONLY 0.05¢ OR 0.08¢. BUT WHY?
Notice the other s/he uses THEIR CARD which I can't get unless I was a "professional large volume" purchaser? Theirs goes right thru ?
Both Flying J & pilot's all advertise -" instant savings" as does , GOOD SAM!
I know the gimmicks are to get the customer in, if only o " use the rest room" full of ads and exit past all that merchandise but how do they selectively " get away with it? Are ANY of you following up ( like I have and am) with the complaint procedure at all three with copies of the " receipts" and with my credit card company ( it costs time & money to accept- hold- cancel- re-authorize- enter the charge and rebill?) They didn't like it but : added me to he "long" list if complains? One even reduced my interest rate and increased my limit by just calling them! Yes I'm old, senile and tired but: that arithmetic doesn't seem to work in any way? ( Except the sales " gimmicks" trick) yet they advertise and DO charge for the service? I just renewed for 3 years ( deal 1yr = 0 , 2yr = $25.00 gift card and discount or 3yr= gift card and discount too) and tis just started in April an progressively is getting worse/ more often/ more locations.

No one involved seems to :" care "?

FYI or is it a real reason I'm missing?

Hope this isn't/ doesn't happen to you, GOOD SAM has been great with us, Camping world fscounts and Vio Treatment, wow. Some inform us of " mgr. Specials" and other, beyond the call of duty courtesies? Several times we were given expired sale prices r equal or better's? Can't say enough good things about them!

If it's only us: let us know ( cildren come in handy over 18?) I'd hate to do that and probably won't: but after 70 a nickel & $2.00 a dump seems to get bigger and more valuable?

Be safe, happy and may God bless your travels! 8-)

I've never had a problem using the Good Sam Members card at any Flying J/Pilot to get the $0.05/gal discount except at a local Pilot. I went in and complained. That did the trick. No problems since then.

elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:38 AM   #45

I think Obsolete has the GS loyalty card and the RV Plus card mixed up, or doesn't know which one he is ranting about.

The RV Plus card is an actual credit card from GS and FlyingJ/Pilot. You can use it to pay at any FlyingJ/Pilot pump, even the semi lanes. You get the discount automatically, even when you buy things inside.

I have used it all over the country and never had any problems. It also gives greater discounts than the loyalty card.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:43 AM   #46

I don't remember any Pilot/Flying J that had automatic card acceptance in the diesel truck lanes. I keep getting told I'm wrong on that one too........but since I don't get in line when hooked up anymore, I can't prove it either way. I don't care either way, my main complaint is charging more for diesel if charged than if paid by cash.........but not doing that for gasoline. If there's a valid reason for that practice, I've missed it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #47

I understand the reason campers go to Pilot/Flying J for the convenience but for me 5 cents a gallon off isn’t a good deal to me, I get 5% off but I have to swipe the card at the pump. I have never been to a Pilot/Flying J that will take my card at the pump. But the big reason is price. The closet Pilot to my house is $3.41 a gallon and not a half a mile from there it’s $3.19. Where I buy fuel at ten miles from there it’s $3.00 a gallon. We stop for the night I look for cheap diesel and if it’s not to cheap I look at the next stop. When diesel is $3.00 a gallon with my discount I pay $2.85 a gallon. I personally will not stop at a Pilot/Flying J unless it’s a emergency and I’m out of fuel but that’s just me, what works for others doesn’t work for me
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #48

Travel Trailer Friendly Gas Stations?

I’ve downloaded the app for truckers path on my phone you have to ignore the weigh stations but it does show rest stops and pilots and loves. Just nice to add to the info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	178176  
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, trailer, travel, travel trailer