Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #61

Well here is another option. I t travel with a few gallons in the tank. I carry a empty
35 gal water tank in the back of the pickup. It doesn't take up to much room and doesn't weigh a lot. I have a 12v pump plumbed to the tank that runs off of my 7 pin plug. I have a water line plumbed front to back on the tt that allows me to fill the fresh water or use the city water connection, with a 3 foot hose, while keeping all of the pump noise and vibration outside the camper. When I need water i fill the tank when no one is in line.
lindenpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:51 PM   #62
Jigsaw75

I always do for the same reasons you mentioned, coffee, cleansing, toilet.
Justin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #63

Ericksonjr I agree, I always used to say that my Georgetown got 7 MPG towing, empty, full or without a tow, it really didn't matter. The question always came up at gas pumps, hey, how's the gas mileage...7.

Taking off the flimsy cover of the water tank behind the compartment door the first time I was a little startled to see the fresh tank bulging out. However, after several checks to see if the bulge got bigger, it didn't, I stopped worrying about and put the cheap cover bag on, for what reason I don't know!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, travel, water, water tank