Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2020, 07:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I picked up my Andersen Ultimate hitch this morning and called my wife on the way home and said we should head over to Couch's RV because they had the trailer we want in stock. Actually, 2 of them. And our friends were camping close by this weekend and we wanted to join them. So a complete impulse buy.

We headed over and the first issue was the trailer we wanted that had auto levelers was not on the lot. So we had to wait an hour for them to tow it over. Then it didn't have the auto levelers. No problem, we love this one, we're paying cash, we want to use it this weekend. No way. 48 people ahead of you. Soonest would be next weekend. Are you sure? Cash is king, right? Nope. So we lost all interest and left. I talked to Jeff Couch on the way out and he apologized but said they couldn't do it. Offered some extra money for an expedite, and no go.

So the RV gods were not smiling on us today. Oh well.

Corn
What you just learned and passed along is that Crouch is an honest and honorable man and dealership,

If you were one of the 48 who had been waiting you would not appreciate someone with a wad of cash in his pocket cutting in line, would you? Not any more than you want someone cutting inline in any other store!

And, BTW, EVERY sale is cash to the dealer, whether it comes from your pocket or a banknote the end result to the dealership is the same.

Now here is the upside, with that wait you will have time to get the auto leveling system you want installed so when you pick it up it will be just what you want.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:58 AM   #22
PhD, Common Sense

Couch is indeed a honest and honorable dealership for sales. IMO, not so much for service after the sale.

Additionally, I would not say that the man himself is “honorable” until I read the information that is readily available on the Internet. He is personally honest to the extent that he took full responsibility for his actions.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
Couch is indeed a honest and honorable dealership for sales. IMO, not so much for service after the sale.

Additionally, I would not say that the man himself is “honorable” until I read the information that is readily available on the Internet. He is personally honest to the extent that he took full responsibility for his actions.
His actions in this case, as described by the OP, were honorable, were they not?
Old 09-13-2020, 08:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
What you just learned and passed along is that Crouch is an honest and honorable man and dealership,

If you were one of the 48 who had been waiting you would not appreciate someone with a wad of cash in his pocket cutting in line, would you? Not any more than you want someone cutting inline in any other store!

And, BTW, EVERY sale is cash to the dealer, whether it comes from your pocket or a banknote the end result to the dealership is the same.

Now here is the upside, with that wait you will have time to get the auto leveling system you want installed so when you pick it up it will be just what you want.
Exactly what I thought...the dealership's actions in this case are honorable.

The OP tried to buy privilege and cut in line and the dealership didn't allow it even when it looked like it would cost them the sale. They chose to not inconvenience their current customers.

Surprising to me, actually...but this story is an endorsement for the dealership. Bravo -to them.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:55 AM   #25

Our deal with Couch went well.

TheY seriously pulled our unit out of stock and cleaned it up and had it ready for us. It takes time and they had 48 people ahead in line. Right now one week seems too soon.

If you need a trailer storage lot there is one in Spring valley that likely has room.
We are in it. Near Caesar’s Creek. Kind of funky but, we like it.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Our deal with Couch went well.

TheY seriously pulled our unit out of stock and cleaned it up and had it ready for us. It takes time and they had 48 people ahead in line. Right now one week seems too soon.

If you need a trailer storage lot there is one in Spring valley that likely has room.
We are in it. Near Caesar’s Creek. Kind of funky but, we like it.
We found a spot at Holman RV to store it. Jeff Couch offered to let me store it at his place for free which I thought was very nice. But it's a 45 minute drive vs. 15 minutes to Holman.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:30 AM   #27
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
His actions in this case, as described by the OP, were honorable, were they not?
They were (assuming that he was involved).

However you said that he “is” and honorable and honest man. Some folks may disagree with the honorable part. I will not belabor the point.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #28

Quote:

However you said that he “is” and honorable and honest man. Some folks may disagree with the honorable part. I will not belabor the point.
He was involved. I talked directly with Jeff Couch.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #29

Quote:

No need to assume...read the first post.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
Exactly what I thought...the dealership's actions in this case are honorable.

The OP tried to buy privilege and cut in line and the dealership didn't allow it even when it looked like it would cost them the sale. They chose to not inconvenience their current customers.

Surprising to me, actually...but this story is an endorsement for the dealership. Bravo -to them.
What I see here in nothing more than what is happening with manufacturing around the world. The corp I work for, our building in one division, holds over 2000 parts from manufactures around the world. Covid hit into that and getting parts was tough. Now Manufactures are coming back to 100% with a lot a backorder to fill. We have been told MANY TIMES on parts were short to fill customer orders that absolutely NO expediting any parts order till their backlog is caught up. Seems more like a common business practice and to me and we wait in line like everyone else.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
What I see here in nothing more than what is happening with manufacturing around the world. The corp I work for, our building in one division, holds over 2000 parts from manufactures around the world. Covid hit into that and getting parts was tough. Now Manufactures are coming back to 100% with a lot a backorder to fill. We have been told MANY TIMES on parts were short to fill customer orders that absolutely NO expediting any parts order till their backlog is caught up. Seems more like a common business practice and to me and we wait in line like everyone else.
Your discription is not 'like for like' (the same) as what happenend on this thread.

You are describing filling back orders...as the product comes in it is already sold. -The dealership in this case had a sale walk...it kept them from making a sale.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #32

I'm sorry for laughing, but that's the funniest story I've heard in a long time! Good luck, and I'm sure you guys will find your trailer!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Your discription is not 'like for like' (the same) as what happenend on this thread.

You are describing filling back orders...as the product comes in it is already sold. -The dealership in this case had a sale walk...it kept them from making a sale.
As I recall in earlier post.....they went back and bought the trailer. "Like" our company.....we can't and neither can they....cut in line and they have to wait....just like the rest of us.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:02 AM   #34

Quote:
As I recall in earlier post.....they went back and bought the trailer.
They did.

The key words are 'went back'...the dealership lost a sale that day because of their choice, they didn't know they were going to come back.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #35

Quote:
They did.

The key words are 'went back'...the dealership lost a sale that day because of their choice, they didn't know they were going to come back.
So.........they didn't lose a sale.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #36

Quote:
So.........they didn't lose a sale.
The dealership didn't know when they made the choice. They said no and the deal walked.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #37
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Looks like we have some folks that desperately need to go camping
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #38

Quote:
They did.

Yes, dealer lost a sale that day. But, they did the right thing. Add to the fact that they were probably confident if it didn't sell that day, it would pretty quickly (given the current trend).

So, they did the right thing by not letting someone buy their way to the front of the line. If sales weren't so hot, who knows, they might have taken the chance for the extra cash.

Check that.. not might have.. probably would have.

Mike
Old 09-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #39

I agree Doctors orders are more camping required and peace to all in this trying time. Get outside, safely, and get some good old vitamin D. I know I'll be heading to Pigeon Forge in late October hopefully to enjoy good old NE colors of fall even though I'll be about a 1000 miles south. Wish the OP luck with their new rig.
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #40
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
I agree Doctors orders are more camping required and peace to all in this trying time. Get outside, safely, and get some good old vitamin D. I know I'll be heading to Pigeon Forge in late October hopefully to enjoy good old NE colors of fall even though I'll be about a 1000 miles south. Wish the OP luck with their new rig.
x2 Chances are good! We are heading up to TN where we go to see fall colors in the Smokies, mid-late October. A week in Cosby, not too far from you, and then a week in Townsend TN where we go most every year. Fingers crossed for great color but awesome time regardless.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er