Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2019, 05:12 PM   #41

I reckon I'll be the first reporter ... early this spring an RV storage near Derby, KS had 5 units relieved of their TST sensors. All had the locking devices on them. Pretty easy for a guy(s) with alot of trailers and a couple of dash monitors to just use the supplied wrench and save on ordering extra sensors at $50/ea. Like said, seldom if ever hear of this, but it's a big country we travel around in. I do take mine off each Fall, because I'll be taking them off next Spring anyways to top off the tires after sitting most all Winter. I also mark them with a silver magic marker so I can see what I wrote.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:00 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I reckon I'll be the first reporter ... early this spring an RV storage near Derby, KS had 5 units relieved of their TST sensors. All had the locking devices on them. Pretty easy for a guy(s) with alot of trailers and a couple of dash monitors to just use the supplied wrench and save on ordering extra sensors at $50/ea. Like said, seldom if ever hear of this, but it's a big country we travel around in. I do take mine off each Fall, because I'll be taking them off next Spring anyways to top off the tires after sitting most all Winter. I also mark them with a silver magic marker so I can see what I wrote.
I can believe it could happen in an RV storage. Thankfully, I never have to put mine in one.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #43

The only people who would want to steal these are people who already have the display unit and are looking for spare sensors. From what I am hearing, they would already have access to the security tool. In other words, the only people who would want to steal the sensors already have the means to defeat the security device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Artmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmann View Post
In other words, the only people who would want to steal the sensors already have the means to defeat the security device.
Or they own a pair of pliers. The security device is pretty much useless.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #45

I just got my 10 sensor kit for Christmas. I plan on keeping them on until I return home. Then I will remove them. They will come off for the winter. I got the anti theft set, they have a jam nut that gets tightened from the back. I'll probably just install the sensors only on the MH and use the jam nuts on the toad (not sure yet) Mine don't have the collar over the sensor, which is how I thought they we're going to come.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #46

Hi,

By way of further data, my three year old batteries performed flawlessly on my just-completed 2,100 mile run from northern Illinois to Quartzsite.

And yeah, I always thought those little set screws were pretty much only good for cosmetic purposes...

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:06 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
While we are on the subject, has anyone ever figured out the size of the o-rings in the cap sensor?

I bought some from TST last year and I bought a bunch to save on shipping and I now can't find them. Always thought I could find some somewhere much cheaper.

11mm x 1mm
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1418.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	223009
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubanut View Post
Thanks for the post Yep...since my post I located them on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pcs-Black...72.m2749.l2649
Old 02-19-2020, 09:43 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Thanks for the post Yep...since my post I located them on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pcs-Black...72.m2749.l2649

Did you find or look for the other flat valve stem gasket? That was the one I was trying to locate. I couldnít locate a source for that part. I figure those would be good to have around if they ever lose air when attached to the valve stem.
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubanut View Post
Did you find or look for the other flat valve stem gasket? That was the one I was trying to locate. I couldnít locate a source for that part. I figure those would be good to have around if they ever lose air when attached to the valve stem.
Never looked for those yet

Tags
winter