Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2021, 07:12 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelka View Post
We just bought a used 2020 Flagstaff 529RLKS. The truck system technologies tire monitoring system is standard but we don't have a monitor. Can't find it anywhere. The tires on our unit have been changed. How can I tell, without having a monitor, that I still have this system and just need the monitor?

Thanks

I believe the sensors are internal. In other words, in order to take them the previous owners would have to have had the tires dismounted, the valve stems changed and the tires remounted..............Not likely to have happened.

A New monitor with its base and power cord, paired to the sensors and you should be all set.

You might also call TST and see if you can get a monitor only after explaining your situation to them.

https://tsttruck.com/contact/

If you cannot find the monitor alone and buy a set get the least number of sensors and sell them on eBay to recoup part of your expense
Old 07-15-2021, 09:23 AM   #42
Trailer Park Supervisor

OP has not been on forum since early April.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post

Hey Kris,
Then I guess I wasted a bit of my time trying to be a nice guy!

It seems it NEVER pays to get out of character
Old 07-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #44

Quote:
The question answered by DouglasReid was not from the OP...it was posted yesterday.
Kcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Hey Kris,
Then I guess I wasted a bit of my time trying to be a nice guy!

It seems it NEVER pays to get out of character
No, you helped me. I still don't know if my 2020 25fks has them or not. I would think since it has the decal that it must have them. It's in storage right now, so I haven't had a chance to look for the repeater. This trailer was bought new in 12/20. It was then sold to the guy I bought if from a couple months later. I bought in from him in June. He never even titled it. Decided it was too small and is sticking with his 5th wheel.

The original owner is cantankerous, and won't provide any information. I don't have the monitor though.
I am going to try sending an email to FR with the SN and see if they can tell me.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:56 PM   #46
Trailer Park Supervisor

Not directed to Doug, just noticed OP vanished after 2nd post on this thread back in March.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelka View Post
How can I tell, without having a monitor, that I still have this system and just need the monitor?

Thanks
A tire store should be able to sense installed TPMS senders with a reader / training device if they are installed.

TST does offer internal senders that would not be obvious by just looking at the wheel / tire.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #48

Quote:
Not directed to Doug, just noticed OP vanished after 2nd post on this thread back in March.

HAHAHA I took No offense Kris, you would have to work MUCH harder than that to get to me *S*
Old 07-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #49
Trailer Park Supervisor

Doug, I never took you for one of those 'offended by everything' pansies! Unfortunately, that means you are very un-american these days, lol.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #50

I am the one guilty of resurrecting this older thread in June. I didn't want to create a duplicate thread, when I basically had the same questions.
thanks for everyone's responses.
Rick
Old 07-16-2021, 11:24 AM   #51

Quote:
I believe the sensors are internal. In other words, in order to take them the previous owners would have to have had the tires dismounted, the valve stems changed and the tires remounted..............Not likely to have happened.

A New monitor with its base and power cord, paired to the sensors and you should be all set.

You might also call TST and see if you can get a monitor only after explaining your situation to them.

If you cannot find the monitor alone and buy a set get the least number of sensors and sell them on eBay to recoup part of your expense
It looks like the wheels are tires are not stock. The tires are Sailun and are bigger than the tires on our Keystone Cougar. Are Sailun tires stock for Forest River Flagstaff?
alelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #52
Commercial Member

Quote:

I have a set of TST internal sensors and they have nothing to do with the valve stems. The sensors are mounted in the "well" of the wheel and retained by screw clamp around the wheel in the well.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookooc View Post
No, you helped me. I still don't know if my 2020 25fks has them or not. I would think since it has the decal that it must have them. It's in storage right now, so I haven't had a chance to look for the repeater. This trailer was bought new in 12/20. It was then sold to the guy I bought if from a couple months later. I bought in from him in June. He never even titled it. Decided it was too small and is sticking with his 5th wheel.

The original owner is cantankerous, and won't provide any information. I don't have the monitor though.
I am going to try sending an email to FR with the SN and see if they can tell me.

Did you ever have any success with Forest River? The brochure says TPMS is standard. I'm looking for a monitor as I have the repeater. It is starting to look like I had the monitors that were attached to the wheels. The wheels and tires on my Flagstaff are not stock. Forest River is not being helpful and Tire System Technologies is telling us to contact the previous owner.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #54

Yes.
It took 3 replies to the response I got, but she finally answered my question. It's like they are reading a completely different email. After asking 4 times, she finally confirmed that it was installed on my trailer. The model monitor I need is TST-507-D-C. I ordered it from etrailer. $103 I believe.
I think the sensors are the ones that wrap around the inside of the wheels. My trailer is stored an hour away, I am bringing it home in a couple weeks. I will see if I can get connected then.
Rick
Old 07-26-2021, 02:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Yes.
It took 3 replies to the response I got, but she finally answered my question. It's like they are reading a completely different email. After asking 4 times, she finally confirmed that it was installed on my trailer. The model monitor I need is TST-507-D-C. I ordered it from etrailer. $103 I believe.
I think the sensors are the ones that wrap around the inside of the wheels. My trailer is stored an hour away, I am bringing it home in a couple weeks. I will see if I can get connected then.
Rick
I think I know who you are dealing with at Forest River! The girl just emailed me and said my unit was not set up for TPMS, tho it is standard and I have the repeater. Yikes
Thank you and good luck. Ours is not stored close either, about 90 minute away.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #56

Quote:
Lol, yes, I went out and checked them after I posted this. You are correct sir.
I guess the decal etc is just marketing. I will just buy a system.
Cheap insurance I think.

thanks
Rick

Does the Green Cap have a yellow tire pressure emblem on the top of it? TST uses those caps as indicators that their is nitrogen in the tire, as well as sensors. Just an added indicator to help identify which system has TST and which doesn’t.
Petey11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire