Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 10:16 PM   #1

TST Tire Pressure System Owners

Hello,
I just purchased a 2021 Forest River Wolf Pack 365. It apparently comes with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System? My question is has anyone received this complete system with their unit including the monitor? I received the Repeater and Internal Sensor however I never received the monitor. I called the company TST and they informed me that I should have received the complete set up.
I'm just curious what other owners are receiving.
Next question, are you pleased with this unit?

Thanks in advance, Gary
Kolarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolarman View Post
Hello,
I just purchased a 2021 Forest River Wolf Pack 365. It apparently comes with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System? My question is has anyone received this complete system with their unit including the monitor? I received the Repeater and Internal Sensor however I never received the monitor. I called the company TST and they informed me that I should have received the complete set up.
I'm just curious what other owners are receiving.
Next question, are you pleased with this unit?

Thanks in advance, Gary
Call the Dealer and ask where your monitor is. Yes, you should have received the full system. Repeater and sensors are worthless without monitor.

Have to ask, have you checked all drawers and cabinets for the monitor. The last two trailers had all the accesdory items stored in random spots. You'd think someone would put them in a single cardboard box marked "Accesdories" so the new owner could find them.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Call the Dealer and ask where your monitor is. Yes, you should have received the full system. Repeater and sensors are worthless without monitor.

Have to ask, have you checked all drawers and cabinets for the monitor. The last two trailers had all the accesdory items stored in random spots. You'd think someone would put them in a single cardboard box marked "Accesdories" so the new owner could find them.
Thanks Mike, yes I called the dealership. I was told, by my salesman, that the monitor and the reader are not included yet have to be purchased separately.
Funny thing, I spoke with the head technician at TST and he said too I should have received it with the trailer.

Not sure what recourse of action I can take now?
Kolarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:52 PM   #4

I would call to speak to the sales manager, if not, then the manager above and so on being that TST even agreed you should have received it with the trailer purchase. I really like mine, you can dial it in to your specific tires settings so it'll alarm at the correct psi(Hi/Low) or temperature. I installed my booster but haven't had an issue with the sensors not reaching the monitor when I forget to plug it in. So I'm satisfied, it a nice piece of mind. Just don't freak out when you see how fast the psi/temps climbs your first time when you see it haha..... Going back to the monitor, I know one of the big dealers has a Facebook and if you message them through messenger, it'll go into a complaint box so they have to act on it quickly(even just a question) so that might be a way to escalate your issue too.
Cidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:01 AM   #5

This doesn't sound like your issue, but I just purchased a 2021 Cherokee Alpha Wolf 23rd that was described as coming with a "tire pressure monitors" and was disappointed to find out it was just stem caps that show green when at sufficient psi. I promptly removed them and got a TST TPMS unit.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:35 AM   #6

Mine was stuffed in the drawer next to the sink with all the other literature.
2021 Wolfpack 315Pack12
asr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolarman View Post
Thanks Mike, yes I called the dealership. I was told, by my salesman, that the monitor and the reader are not included yet have to be purchased separately.
Funny thing, I spoke with the head technician at TST and he said too I should have received it with the trailer.

Not sure what recourse of action I can take now?
I'd read the literature you were given and the Build Sheet for your trailer.

If it shows the TST as std equipment or an option included in what you bought, you should get the monitor.

WHY in the world would sensors and a repeater be included with the trailer if it wasn't an included option?

Sounds like the Dealer is pulling a fast one.

Another place to look to see if it was included is on the outside. I've seen "TST" stickers on the side along with the Lionshead "Nitrogen" stickers, etc. Another giveaway that the Dealer is lying.

Rather than engaging the services of a Lawyer, contact the Consumer Protection division of your State Attorney General's office if the Dealer refuses to yield. Might also contact Forest River and complain.

I find it amazing how some people figure they can pull stunts like this just to make a few $$ and how it doesn't get around among customers.

If you want to have some fun while getting this resolved, contact a local TV station that has a "Consumer Protection Pit Bull" reporter. We have a couple on our local TV stations and they thrive on cases like this. They get results by making the perpetrators "Famous" in a manner that tends to negate the effects of the thousands of dollars the businesses spend on advertising.

Just a thought.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:34 AM   #8

Ours was still in the plastic clamshell packaging in one of the drawers (2020 25BRDS). I think the dealer is BSing you and they misplaced it.

E-trailer sells them for $106 if you can't get the dealer to step up.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories....html?feed=npn
Kcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:12 PM   #9

TST monitoring system

Somebody is trying to pull a fast one, for sure. The sensors are worthless without the monitor.

Mine did not come pre-installed. But I have them and they are just awesome. Could not imagine tracking tire pressure and temps without it.

You NEED that monitor!
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #10

Ours was preinstalled and the monitor (in it's original blister pkg) was in the pantry along with the pouch of manuals. The thing works great. My only concern is that the sensors are inside the tires, not screwed onto the valve stems, so how the heck do I change the batteries?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:36 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to cschwa8518 Send a message via Yahoo to cschwa8518
TST Tire Press

Same thing happent to us when we bought a 2021 Rockwood 2511S. The dealer took monitor off becaue they were disappearing. Salesman forgot to give to us. Called them up and they shipped it right out. Think if I had not called would never have seen it.
cschwa8518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #12

our FR 2608BS came with the system. It had the TST sticker on the outside of the trailer near the RF tire. The monitor was in the refrigerator! I had a devil of a time getting the RF tire to pair to the monitor screen unit. Then I realized my outdoor temperature sensor was attached under the top step of the main entry drop down steps (within about 3 ft). The wireless signals were fighting each other. Like Titan Mike said, if your trailer has the sticker, it should be equipped with the complete system.
KaptnKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:52 AM   #13

You don't need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Ours was preinstalled and the monitor (in it's original blister pkg) was in the pantry along with the pouch of manuals. The thing works great. My only concern is that the sensors are inside the tires, not screwed onto the valve stems, so how the heck do I change the batteries?
You don't need to--at least not soon. The batteries in car and truck internal TPMS are rated for 10 years. The batteries aren't replaceable. You replace the entire unit. They actually last longer. We had a pair of 2006s, a Tahoe and a Yukon XL.

The first TPMS on the Yukon XL failed in 2018 and we replaced all four (eBay, much cheaper than anywhere else. Discount Tire charged $10 per wheel to install them.)

The first TPMS on the Tahoe failed in 2019. Again, eBay and Discount Tire. But this was a little different. The Yukon XL had TPMS only on the four dressy wheels, not the spare. The Tahoe had five of the cheap steel wheels that are usually only used as spares (former Highway Patrol vehicle, special order, lots of strange things). A few months after getting four new TPMS on the road wheels, I needed to get new tires. I realized that the spare was 12 years old (!) and directed the tire shop to move the wheel with the best old tire to the spare and mount new tires on the former spare. On my way home from the tire store I got the dash low-pressure warning. I was afraid we would have to swap wheels and tires around--that there was no TPMS on the spare or that it was dead. But when I took the vehicle back to the tire place, the tech simply walked around the vehicle with his TPMS learning tool and all was good. I am guessing that the battery in the spare is not drawn down because I'm having no issues.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I'd read the literature you were given and the Build Sheet for your trailer.

If it shows the TST as std equipment or an option included in what you bought, you should get the monitor.

WHY in the world would sensors and a repeater be included with the trailer if it wasn't an included option?

Sounds like the Dealer is pulling a fast one.

Another place to look to see if it was included is on the outside. I've seen "TST" stickers on the side along with the Lionshead "Nitrogen" stickers, etc. Another giveaway that the Dealer is lying.

Rather than engaging the services of a Lawyer, contact the Consumer Protection division of your State Attorney General's office if the Dealer refuses to yield. Might also contact Forest River and complain.

I find it amazing how some people figure they can pull stunts like this just to make a few $$ and how it doesn't get around among customers.

If you want to have some fun while getting this resolved, contact a local TV station that has a "Consumer Protection Pit Bull" reporter. We have a couple on our local TV stations and they thrive on cases like this. They get results by making the perpetrators "Famous" in a manner that tends to negate the effects of the thousands of dollars the businesses spend on advertising.

Just a thought.
Maybe not the dealer, perhaps only the salesman trying to make a little eBay money on the side.

If no satisfaction, I agree the state Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection would be very interested in practices such as this.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:57 PM   #15

I also found mine inside the refrig
A Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:05 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBCamper View Post
This doesn't sound like your issue, but I just purchased a 2021 Cherokee Alpha Wolf 23rd that was described as coming with a "tire pressure monitors" and was disappointed to find out it was just stem caps that show green when at sufficient psi. I promptly removed them and got a TST TPMS unit.

What!? You mean the RV dealer was a little misleading? How does something "monitor" the inflation if you have to stop, get out and look? Wonder why the dealer didn't just give you a $0.95 pressure gauge.

Name & location of the dealer?
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:14 PM   #17
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Have you contacted Forest River and asked them if it was to include the monitor?

Sounds like a questionable dealer to me.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #18

TST Monitor

My 2021 FR Micro Lite 25FKS came with the entire TST system. The monitor was in a drawer beside the kitchen sink.
hanniba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:33 AM   #19
Camp to Live

There’s only 3 parts to the system...the sensors, the repeater, and the monitor. Like the others have said, does no good without all three! Screw calling! If it’s close enough go and “politely”... lol...ask for the monitor that they forgot to give you! And don’t leave until they do! I love mine! Wish monitor was a hair bigger
Ohio_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:05 PM   #20

It's been 9 days since the OP brought this up.

I'm curious if he's had the issue resolved yet. If not, it's about 8 days longer than it would have taken most of us here.

If I was told by the Salesman I had to purchase the monitor separately I'd be heading for the Owner of the Dealership immediately.

Tags
pressure, tire