Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2022, 01:41 PM   #1

TT not used for a year! Need advice

Hi all,

I was not able to use my TT this year due to several unexpected setbacks. I have checked it a couple of times just to make sure all was visually okay. I replaced the Damprids that I placed in the TT and that was it. Any advice on what I should do to keep the TT in good condition until next season? I do not have a cover on the TT. Is that something that I should invest in to help protect it from the elements?

Thanks
TTnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 02:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTnewbie View Post
Any advice on what I should do to keep the TT in good condition until next season? I do not have a cover on the TT. Is that something that I should invest in to help protect it from the elements?
Wash, wax and winterize. Check tire pressure and check for seams that look like they are not sealed.
Personally, I wouldn't cover it because I've see too many covers shredded by the wind and they are difficult to put on.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:58 AM   #3

^^. Also power up all of the systems periodically.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:22 AM   #4

The TT is was winterized last season. I did not get to use it this season, so it has been sitting in the lot since September of last year. I am going to run all the electrical tomorrow. As far as the water lines and water heater go, they are all full of antifreeze. Any other things I should do?
TTnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTnewbie View Post
The TT is was winterized last season. I did not get to use it this season, so it has been sitting in the lot since September of last year. I am going to run all the electrical tomorrow. As far as the water lines and water heater go, they are all full of antifreeze. Any other things I should do?
Generally you do not what to run antifreeze through the hot water heater. I don't think it does any damage, I hear that its are to get all out, and when heated up the antifreeze will smell.

Jim M.
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
Generally you do not what to run antifreeze through the hot water heater. I don't think it does any damage, I hear that its are to get all out, and when heated up the antifreeze will smell.

Jim M.
Correct, water heater should be drained. Like you said, it won't do damage, but it is harder to get all the antifreeze out. It's just like the freshwater tank, should be drained, not full of antifreeze.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:41 AM   #7

Mouse proof...
Mouse proof...
Mouse proof...
That is not a typo!

I see that you are from NJ, you might want to check inside periodically for leaks, moisture and mice or other critters that may have gotten inside...

Hope this helps
Wild Bill
llibdliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 08:32 PM   #8

Yes I would put a quality cover on it after a good cleaning . A quality proper fitting cover can last many winter's . Not doing it because it's hard to do is a lousy way to not protect it . I can do mine on a 26 ft. Trailer in 20 minutes by myself .
Ken-m is offline   Reply With Quote