Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

TV Full Motion Mount Install Questions

We bought a new Grey Wolf 19RR a few weeks back. Have added a few mods since we got it home, like bathroom door mirror, robe hooks inside bathroom etc. We now have a couple TV's to mount (32" in garage area and 22" in bedroom). I have purchased a very nice, sturdy mount thru Walmart. It was designed to fit either the 22" or the 32" TV. For those familiar with the 2017 19 RR hook up for a TV in garage area (located on rear right side, between entrance door and ramp) is somewhat narrow. The full Motion mount we have has a 15" extension to it. Holding the mount up to the mount area, it looks like it will give the TV plenty of room to turn and tilt. The mount we got came with three lag bolts, each approximately 2" long. I would use my stud finder and locate a stud to attach to, but want to make sure the lag bolts are not too long!
Any comments/suggestions appreciated.
26RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #2

Limit your screw length to no more that 1 1/2". I don't leave the TV's mounted when I travel as the bouncing of the TT may rip it off he wall. I remove them and lay the face down on the bed. Some installations have a strap to secure the TV in travel and that would be the alternative.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
Limit your screw length to no more that 1 1/2". I don't leave the TV's mounted when I travel as the bouncing of the TT may rip it off he wall. I remove them and lay the face down on the bed. Some installations have a strap to secure the TV in travel and that would be the alternative.
1-1/2" sounds like a good size! Thanks. TV's will DEFINATELY be removed from mounts and stored on bed when moving trailer!
Appreciate your input!
Old 02-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #4

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
I mounted the TV Mount using three of the 1-1/2" lag bolts mentioned. Just for giggles and grins, I added four smaller wood screws in various holes on the mount. Putting the 32" TV on the mount required an extra set of hands, but did install easily. The mount seems to be holding the TV with no problem. As the mount is designed to be attached to TV's up to 55" and 88 LBS, I ordered another, yesterday, from Walmart on line, for the 22" to be mounted in "Master Suite"!
Thanks for advice on this!

Tags
mount