Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2018, 04:38 AM   #1

Update on Pretator 3500

Some of you may remember some of my posts about the Predator 3500 about a year ago when I was in the market for a new genny. I promised updates and haven’t updated them in a while.
I bought two of the 3500 models almost a year ago and have run them at least 6 days a week 4-5 hours a day on a full load. I run them parallel and have 2000 plus hours on them with no major issues. Definitely the most impressive product I have bought for the money. HF DOES NOT currently make a parallel kit for this generator. To double your power (Amps AND Watts) you will need a 50 amp parallel kit for another model. I use one made for Honda from Gen Tran. It’s got your standard 50!amp plug receptical on it. The kit for the Wen will work and the Kit for the Powerhorse will work but you will need an adapter..
If you only wanted to double your Watts and not amperage you can simply buy the wires with banana plugs and connect the two. You will in that case be limited to the receptical output which is 30 amps.

I use it commercially and am floored at how well they have worked. I use an EU7000 now but ONLY because I came across a friend who sold me a new EU7000 as well as an EU2000 for $2500. Otherwise I would still be using the Predators daily.
Change the oil regularly and maintain your plugs and spark arrestor. The arrestor gets dirty quickly, about every 200 hours. You will notice it running a little louder or surging a little. Problem goes away as soon as you clean it. They are quieter than the EU2000I and the noise level is about the same as the EU7000 when both on full load. If 3500 watts met my needs I wouldn’t bother wasting money on anything else. Get the warranty and for two years you can exchange in store . Beats having to wait for warranty work.
I have put these through hell.
Ccase39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3500, 500