Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2022, 10:40 AM   #41

Mattress replacement for RV

We live between Washington DC and Philadelphia, near Baltimore; my wife got the mattress online, no previous experience with it. But it came through just as promised, once we provided them with exact measurements; our bed is in the corner by the bathroom, with the long side along the outside wall. Makes it a pain to make the bed! But the mattress itself is amazingly comfortable, fully as comfortable as our bed at home. Not cheap, between $500 and $600.
The neighbor's cat got in while i was working on the battery box; i did not notice, and after a week i opened the camper again, and found cat crap on our bed; of course we threw out the mattress cover, but the cat pee smell was still there, so the bed had to go. Bottom line, we had no choice but to replace everything.
Trainman736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #42

We are on our Second Travel Trailer with a Queen Bed. The first one had an RV Queen. The first thing we did was to buy a Standard Memory Foam Queen been and then we donated the New RV Queen, still in the bag, to a local Women's Shelter. When we sold that trailer the new owners got a brand new Queen mattress still in the bag as we transferred the memory foam on to the new trailer. Compromise elsewhere, but when it comes to a good night's sleep, there is nothing better than a good mattress.
BPFox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:24 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Sleep Number for RV. All sizes available, including short/short radius etc. Not cheap.
What price can you put on a good nights sleep?

Answer - same price as a human life IMO.

Dakota 1120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #44

Wow, that's extreme!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Wow, that's extreme!
Doesn't seem extreme to me since one spends half or more of their life in bed sleeping so has, minimally, equal weight.

Dakota 1120 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade