Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #1

Vacuum

Looking for advice on a vacuum for my travel trailer. Not sure if I want plug in or battery powered. We need something pretty powerful since we have a 105 lb German Shepherd who sheds A LOT! I know plug in would be tough for dry camping, but we don't plan on doing too much of that. Any advice on makes would be greatly appreciated! We have a 2018 Avenger 27dbs. Thank you!
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1960 View Post
Looking for advice on a vacuum for my travel trailer. Not sure if I want plug in or battery powered. We need something pretty powerful since we have a 105 lb German Shepherd who sheds A LOT! I know plug in would be tough for dry camping, but we don't plan on doing too much of that. Any advice on makes would be greatly appreciated! We have a 2018 Avenger 27dbs. Thank you!
Do you have carpet or all hard floor?
Do you need to vacuum the furniture on the road?
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #3

Our fifth wheel has a built in vacuum but when we had our TT and our 100 lb Lab we bought a Dyson Animal V7 and worked really good. It was battery powered and would last about 30-40 mins between charges.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
Do you have carpet or all hard floor?
Do you need to vacuum the furniture on the road?
Carpet and laminate. The dog sleeps on the couch and dinette cushions so I'd need something for both surfaces.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit315 View Post
Our fifth wheel has a built in vacuum but when we had our TT and our 100 lb Lab we bought a Dyson Animal V7 and worked really good. It was battery powered and would last about 30-40 mins between charges.
Built in vacuum! That sounds awesome! I'll check out the Dyson animal, we have the corded one(old model) for the house and it's been great. But it's a little too big to bring with us. Thank you!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1960 View Post
Built in vacuum! That sounds awesome! I'll check out the Dyson animal, we have the corded one(old model) for the house and it's been great. But it's a little too big to bring with us. Thank you!
I hate my central vacuum in the fiver. i only use it when I can't wait to vacuum the trailer at home with the house vacuum. In my old TT, I just kept a hand held shark that worked well with my old lab/shepard mix and my current boxer/american bulldog mix but both have been short haired so not as bad on hair as a shepard.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog hair, vacuum