Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 34
Vacuum

Looking for advice on a vacuum for my travel trailer. Not sure if I want plug in or battery powered. We need something pretty powerful since we have a 105 lb German Shepherd who sheds A LOT! I know plug in would be tough for dry camping, but we don't plan on doing too much of that. Any advice on makes would be greatly appreciated! We have a 2018 Avenger 27dbs. Thank you!
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1960 View Post
Looking for advice on a vacuum for my travel trailer. Not sure if I want plug in or battery powered. We need something pretty powerful since we have a 105 lb German Shepherd who sheds A LOT! I know plug in would be tough for dry camping, but we don't plan on doing too much of that. Any advice on makes would be greatly appreciated! We have a 2018 Avenger 27dbs. Thank you!
Do you have carpet or all hard floor?
Do you need to vacuum the furniture on the road?
__________________
Jim and Deb
Many times..asst grandkids
2015 Shamrock 23ikss
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
ramit315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 124
Our fifth wheel has a built in vacuum but when we had our TT and our 100 lb Lab we bought a Dyson Animal V7 and worked really good. It was battery powered and would last about 30-40 mins between charges.
__________________
2018 Ford F-450 DRW
2017 Sandpiper 379FLOK
ramit315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
Do you have carpet or all hard floor?
Do you need to vacuum the furniture on the road?
Carpet and laminate. The dog sleeps on the couch and dinette cushions so I'd need something for both surfaces.
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit315 View Post
Our fifth wheel has a built in vacuum but when we had our TT and our 100 lb Lab we bought a Dyson Animal V7 and worked really good. It was battery powered and would last about 30-40 mins between charges.
Built in vacuum! That sounds awesome! I'll check out the Dyson animal, we have the corded one(old model) for the house and it's been great. But it's a little too big to bring with us. Thank you!
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1960 View Post
Built in vacuum! That sounds awesome! I'll check out the Dyson animal, we have the corded one(old model) for the house and it's been great. But it's a little too big to bring with us. Thank you!
I hate my central vacuum in the fiver. i only use it when I can't wait to vacuum the trailer at home with the house vacuum. In my old TT, I just kept a hand held shark that worked well with my old lab/shepard mix and my current boxer/american bulldog mix but both have been short haired so not as bad on hair as a shepard.
__________________
<a href=https://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>https://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dog hair, vacuum

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.