Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #1

Venture Out Resorts?

We bought a TT in 2018, and after the first of the year we received an unsolicited information packet from "Venture Out Resorts" urging us to call in within 14 days to 'validate' our free 21 nights of free camping.

I called the number and they asked for my information that was present in the packet, sounded like they didn't have the information to begin with.

I politely let them talk for several minutes, then I was told that I couldn't do the validation on the call, that I had to drive to a campground, and I HAD to bring my spouse in order to complete the validation.

My time is valuable, so I declined the offer and asked for them to remove my name from their system, and they glady agreed to do so.

So my question to the community - was this a legitimate offer? Is the camping world full of such 'offers'? It sounded suspiciously like an indoctrination into something similar to a time-share.
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #2

sounds like you're in OH and near the Arrowhead Lakes 'Venture Out' resort. Sounds like they also partner with your RV dealer to offer you a 'free' stay - which I'm sure comes with either a 'tour' of the facilities, to get you to invest in an Annual package, or similar.

I'd take um up on it, and just say 'No', as Archie Bunker says, when they ask you to invest. There's always a catch, but you might find that the 'catch' is worth it.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #3

formerFR, probably not worth the time investment to walk across the street let alone drive for 2 hours.

When they insist on you spouse being present it probably means they want to form an ironclad contract that will hold up in court. I was waiting for someone to ask for my credit card number, but that's apparently not the way the high-stakes things work. I've read that some operators pressure you to sign the contract and the fine print opens a new credit card in your names and authorizes membership fees, etc. that you can't get out of. Your only recourse, at least in some states or maybe the entire country, is to cancel within 3 days.

I think I'll recycle the mailed packet and call it a day!!
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent