Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Virginia RV Shows

The Dulles and Richmond RV shows are coming up soon, so I thought I would post a little info for those that are interested.

Dulles RV Show will be held on Jan 14th to the 16th. 25th Annual Washington Camping RV Expo | Affinity Events

I have contacted the local representative of Affinity Events for some details. Last year, the Dulles Show was crowded due to the event being held in only 1 building.......instead of spread out to the usual 2 buildings. That put the same crowd in 1/2 the space, and it was much too crowded for this old boy. Last year, it was done that way because they lost some dealers, and the representative told me that they couldn't justify the additional building.....profits rule. It is going to be in just 1 building again this year, but because of a different reason.....the 2nd building has been leased out for retail. I just want everyone to be aware of possible crowded conditions, especially on Saturday and Sunday.

In my opinion, the Richmond RV show being held on Feb. 11th-13th is a much better venue.....you can actually move around better and see more units because it is less crowded. The Richmond Show will be held in the same number of buildings/annexes as before, so there is more room for people to spread out. There will be 1 less dealer than in years past because due to that dealer going out of business.

26th Annual Richmond Camping RV Expo | Affinity Events

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #2

When did they move the Chantilly RV show to Dulles. We used to man the Good Sam booth for a few hours at both Chantilly and Richmond. But lately, we have been down south in Florida for the winter and have missed both.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ken, the Washington Area RV Show is at Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. Maybe calling it the Dulles RV Show is misleading.....sorry about that.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #4

"Me too"

Hi Mtnguy,

Just noticed that we are RV-ing in similar fashion. Surveyor and a Ford F-150 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Choice !!
Have a great season !! Looking forward to attending the first ever Forest River Owner's Group Rally in Branson in May.

Regards, Ken & Judy

Hensley Arrow Hitch
Average 50-60 nights/yr
Walke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #5

If we get to go to any shows they are in TN. Way to far for us to drive to that one.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dulles, richmond, show