Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #1

Unhappy Wardrobe Closets in Salem Edge 23FB

Instead of a Clothes Rod in our wardrobe closet in the bathroom and the two shorter closets on each side of the bed there are thes metal strips with individual holes to insert hangers into.l

It is a very frustrating system. I realize they have used this so the clothes to not fall out during travel. Our problem is they are very high up( we are fairly short people) and we have yet to find( and we have tried three different types) of hangers. For one thing a normal hanger seems to be to long to fit and the tops of the hangers go into the holes but you can't get them back out.

Anyone out there experiencing this problem and if so, have you found hangers that will work better. It is a very big problem for me.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.
cappuccinolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinolover View Post
Instead of a Clothes Rod in our wardrobe closet in the bathroom and the two shorter closets on each side of the bed there are thes metal strips with individual holes to insert hangers into.l

It is a very frustrating system. I realize they have used this so the clothes to not fall out during travel. Our problem is they are very high up( we are fairly short people) and we have yet to find( and we have tried three different types) of hangers. For one thing a normal hanger seems to be to long to fit and the tops of the hangers go into the holes but you can't get them back out.

Anyone out there experiencing this problem and if so, have you found hangers that will work better. It is a very big problem for me.

Welcome to the forums.

We have the same rails in our rig in all the closets. We find that cheap wire hangers are much easier to deal with rather than the larger sized plastic ones. Also be warned that unless those rails are attached into ceiling rather than the top of a cabinet they can pull out very easily.

Ours are screewed into the top of each wardrobe into what amounts to 1/16 inch paneling. If you hang too much weight on them they will pull out (ask me how I know). I advise only hanging light T-shirts, NO JEANS! and only use every 3rd hole. Heavy clothes should be folded and put in overhead cabinets or drawers.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinolover View Post

We bought hangers at Bed,Bath and Beyond. They have a metal hook at the top and the bottom has a material that keeps the clothes in place. These have worked the best for us so far.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=14255362

Camping World has small foot rest that can be used as a step stool. It's about 7 inches tall. My wife really likes it.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-cabinet/34146

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #4

We also use the ones from Bed and Bath. Because I am lazy I do find I can not just pull the shirt off the hanger, as the fabric thats on the hangers to keep the clothes from coming off really works.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #5

I see that we are not the only ones that had our clothes rack to come down with too many clothes. We reinforced ours on both ends and bolts up thru the ceiling of the closet. We do still use the plastic clothes hangers but use everyother hole. By placing the hangers in from behind, they stay intact while traveling

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #6

Thanks all for your comments, i am going to try bed bath and beyon.

We already have the step stools. Yes, they do help alot.
cappuccinolover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23fb