Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 05:50 AM   #1

Warranty at Camping World

Just back from our first weeklong trip with our new 2015 Rockwood purchased from Camping World. Had a few issues that need to be fixed before we can use again (brakes, etc.).

Called Camping World yesterday and was told the earliest I can bring it in is July 13 after which it will be 3 - 5 weeks before warranty work will be done.

I find 2 months for warranty to be way too long. Anyone else have to wait like this? Is it the norm for the industry?
johnsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:52 AM   #2

pretty normal, and Camping World sets the bar really low for service standards.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:53 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Seems a long time. My small single brand dealers claims the same type of service schedule. I would contact Forest River to see if they can provide a alternate to fix at very least the most serious issues first.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:53 AM   #4

Yes honestly warranty is useless. I spent around $3k fixing brakes and axles one week after buying my trailer from camping world. They wanted me to wait two months to get it worked on, and forest river was completely unresponsive. Even the company that makes the parts told my mechanic it would be weeks before they could send him the parts, so I went with another brand. So glad I paid extra for the extended warranty.

One thing I know for certain, I will never buy another trailer from camping world.
proggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #5

It seems to depend on the dealer. I live in orlando and while the one in kissimmee didnt seem responsive and not return my call the one in cocoa has been great so far.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #6

In the past three years I have bought a TT and traded it for a 5r and the dealer has been great . With the TT I had a problem with a water line and had it fixed at the campground. .when I returned to the dealer they wrote me a check for the work done . The only hold up is getting parts from FR but that only takes a short time . I guess I have found the exception to the rule with my dealer .
camping baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #7

Yes well I hope when I go to upgrade I can find a great dealer, I have fixed so many issues in our trailer myself. The latest one is the rear bathroom shower keeps leaking no matter what I do, the drain starts leaking. But to be honest it takes me less time to fix a lot of items then spend the time taking it to the dealer.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #8

In Atlanta, the warranty service from 3-Way Campers is usually 3 to 5 days. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RiverBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsent View Post
Just back from our first weeklong trip with our new 2015 Rockwood purchased from Camping World. Had a few issues that need to be fixed before we can use again (brakes, etc.).

Called Camping World yesterday and was told the earliest I can bring it in is July 13 after which it will be 3 - 5 weeks before warranty work will be done.

I find 2 months for warranty to be way too long. Anyone else have to wait like this? Is it the norm for the industry?
CW is a pretty sorry for service work look for a camper dealer who will do warranty work.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #10

That wait is pretty normal for the RV Dealers in the Houston, Texas area. CW or small dealer, RV Station etc. How long do you think you will wait if you didn't buy it from them?
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #11

Bought our 2014 Rockwood 8282ws from a local FR dealer along with the 1 year extended warranty. Warranty ends this month so we brought it in to the dealer to fix the trailer under warranty. It has been at the dealer since mid-April. Dealer said he is still waiting for FR to provide one window and a floor fix. I don't think we have ever heard of any dealer or manufacturer providing warranty work or parts in a timely fashion.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #12

Warranty work or not, our dealer always asks when our next trip is and always has it ready. It CAN be done. Country Roads RV in Lexington, NC. Their service department is tops.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #13

This is my second Forest River RV. Bought my first from a dealer far from my home and getting work done on it from them was a hassle. Bought my new 2015 Forester 2501 TSC from Camping World near my home.
Took it out on a 2 week maiden trip and made up my list of warranty issues. I knew it would take a few weeks to get the parts ordered and work done. So, I went into CW when we got back figuring to talk with a service rep that day. I was given a date over a month from then to come back and meet with a service rep to discuss my issues. I said, "are you kidding me!" I was told by Sales Rep at CW that since I bought it from them I would get priority scheduling for warranty/service issues. When I told the scheduling secretary that, her comment was, "those Sales Reps will tell you anything to make a sale. It just doesn't work that way."
Scheduling warranty/service work in a timely manner was the main reason I bought from CW near my home. I won't make that mistake ever again. I will only buy from the dealer who gives the best price!!
stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:01 PM   #14

Service during the camping season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsent View Post

Sorry to tell you that during the camping season this is very normal, as most if not all service locations do not have enough people on staff during the season, as this is because this camper thing will all love is so very SEASONAL, so as not to have to try and hire and fire staff all year long, most locations have the staff they can afford during the slow time, to carry over to the fast time, and hope they can make most people happy, but they all know they can not make everyone happy.

Also very sorry your had issues with your new camper but this also is normal.

Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #15

I purchased two TT from southern RV in Jonesboro average wait to have warranty work is 3-4 weeks
vrrgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #16

It is time

Maybe it is time to fix the problem yourself and charge the manufacturer just like CW would do. Just think about how hard they tried to sell the extended warranty to you. They make a lot of money on those, and then don't want to do the work in a timely fashion. They appear to be under staffed in the service department, because they are always putting the sold units ahead of the service work units. They want to make that sale, and get it out the door. After that you do not mean anything to them. It is like the time share business. All the units you want to stay in (after you buy in), are taken buy the people they are trying to sell one to (giving the free nights away to them). What a way to treat your customers.
Dug2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #17

3-Way does Forest River warranty work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
In Atlanta, the warranty service from 3-Way Campers is usually 3 to 5 days. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2gwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #18

I think this shows, when buying a camper, search the internet and find the cheapest price possible. There is absolutely no reason to buy local, because you aren't going to get any benefit to using a local dealer, especially if that dealer is Camping World.

Tags
camping, warranty