Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #1

warranty info

Hi All: i have a 2008 rockwood 2501ss, on our last trip out, the bath room circuit keeps blowing fuses which controls the light, water pump, hot water heater, fan and propane detector. i have a rockwood 2 year extended warranty and my dealer tells me that electrical circuitry is only cover for 90 days, which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, from what was explained to me when i bought my unit is that individual components comes with their own warranties and the factory warranty covers hitch to bumper for two years, can anyone tell me where i can find a warranty policy which explains what is covered or not, thank you in advance.
dooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Site Team

your dealer isn't to be trusted.
your factory warranty, if you also bought the 2nd year, covers everything from tongue to bumper, except the battery.
never heard any 90 day warranty for electrical. unless FR changed their warranty but i doubt it.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply, i just need to find a written policy in black and white so i can go and shove it up there arse.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
Site Team

i'd find the number of who at FR handles your model of RV and give the warranty person a call.
they should be able to email or fax a copy of the warranty. and they might put some pressure on your dealer.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:11 AM   #5

See if there may be a number here you may be able to use. http://www.rvgene.com/pages/contacts.html
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooboy View Post
Thank you for your reply, i just need to find a written policy in black and white so i can go and shove it up there arse.
Don't forget to make a copy first. Don't think you'll want the original back.

I'd seriously think about finding another FR dealer to do the work. Sounds like that dealer is up to something.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 AM   #7

thanks for all the replys guys, i finally got a hold of the warranty person at Rockwood after trying for three days, his name is Greg Rollin, he confirm that the factory warranty is covering hitch to bumper for two year, he called my dealer and talk to the service manager and straighten things out, then she wrote me an email saying that she thought i was looking for warranty for the fuse, apparently fuses and light bulbs are cover for 90 days, i thought it was funny that she thought i wanted to claim warranty for a $1.00 fuse.