Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Waste hauler.

Should I get a waste hauler and if so what size?Ive heard get one don't get one,I use mine all the time,I've only used it a couple times so I want to hear from experienced people.
Grey9712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #2

It beats moving the camper to dump if you camp for any extended period of time, even if you only use it a couple of times a year. We bought ours 3 years ago and didnt use it much the 1st two years(maybe once a year), we had it but this last summer we used it alot. Ours is a 40 gallon and if you decide to buy do your research and read the consumer reviews, we have a blue Barker tank.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #3

Ya'll talkin' about a turd hearse?? The problem with the hearse is threefold. Storage, capacity and weight. First, how and where are you gonna carry it to the campsight. Hopefully not like Jed Clampett over a ladder rung. Second, How large of a tank do you want? The larger ones will hold a bunch of waste but that brings you to the final dillemma. Weight. At approx 7lbs per gallon, you do the math. If your on uneven terrain or have to drag that thing uphill....good luck. For the cost and inconvenience I'd rather hire the Honey Wagon.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

I have the blue tote 32gal, only use for grey water...wouldn't leave home without it, works great, easy to manhandle to my truck hitch and rolls with ease behind my truck to the dump site.
If you're gonna do non-full HU camping that last more than a few days, definetly worth hauling it with ya

Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #5

I have the thetford smartote 35 gal. Some years use it alot some I don't just depends on the camping spot. Hook it to the hitch on the truck and head to dump site. Had to break the camper down one time to dump and decided it was time to buy one and love it.
702Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Oklahoma Proud

I also have the 35 gal. Thetford and I strap it to the ladder or put in the truck bed. I like that it has a made on hose but I have to use a bungie instead of the little rubber strap to hold hose up.

If nowhere else it is handy for flushing your tanks at the house if the dump line is very long. You can roll it over to a cleanout at your house and dump it.

If your around Oklahoma sometime I think my sister in laws, father has a couple to get rid of since he just sold his tt.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote