Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #1

Water Heater

All would like to know if anybody has done any research on the water heaters in 2020 E-PRO 19FBS

Sorry this is in my unit and don't know why it has a rejected tag on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n06yRNXQT+qws5PHFejXeQ.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	234427  
Anthony Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Does the heater work and not leak?

It's possible that it either got the sticker by mistake or that it failed the initial inspection and was sent back through the line and repaired. Either way the sticker should have been removed.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:19 AM   #3

Depends on what you consider work, when on we will get HOT water for up to 30 seconds out of any COLD water faucet we turn on
Anthony Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hamilton View Post
Depends on what you consider work, when on we will get HOT water for up to 30 seconds out of any COLD water faucet we turn on
That can sometimes be caused by the city water supply hose out in the sun /heat. It works just like your water hose at a house during summer. The water in the hose gets heated by the sun, and will be hot for a bit till new underground colder water gets drawn in

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
Site Team

X2 ^

I always try to run the hose the shortest distance from the spigot to the RV and under the RV and/or in the shade as much as possible, because down here the water sitting in the hose will scald you when you first turn it on.

If it happens not to be the hose, you could have a bad check valve on the tank that allows hot water to flow backward when you open a faucet.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #6

Judging by the location of the sticker, my guess would be that the cold water inlet connection was leaking during a pressure test of the plumbing system. Whether or not it was repaired and then passed a subsequent inspection and they forgot to remove the sticker is anyone's guess. I would expect the proper procedure would be to repair the failed item and leave the sticker on until retesting so they would know what to look at more closely during the retest. Then after passing the retest, the should have removed the sticker.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater