Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #1

Water leaks

We are just now getting into freezing temp in my area. I went to winterize the TT today and noticed a wet spot under water filter, so I turned on water pump to pressurize the system to inspect for leek. While doing so, water started to pour out of the shower access panel. So ended up with two water leeks. We have not been anywhere near freezing temp here yet, so it can't be from that. I just bought the TT and have only used it twice. Will be taking it in to dealer on Friday. Its a Rockwood 8311SS, anybody else having problems with theirs? So far with only having it since November we have had the following problems, both IRV 33 not working (factory fix not available yet) kitchen drawer not functioning correctly, water leeks, and heat strip in front unit not working. When purchasing a new TT we decided to go with rockwood because we wanted something that was built well, but I am starting to have second thoughts about them.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
WFD

It's not just a Rockwood thing...seems to be an issue with all manufacturers. you can go to other forums for other makes and hear the same horror story. Quality control in the RV manufacturing business is pretty near non existent...they just pump them out. Majority of people will tell stories of having to get the "kinks" out of their units the first season of ownership. Those filters are a nightmare for many people, just do a search in the forum here and there is enough reading there to make you nauseous. Do yourself a favor and remove the filter as many of us have and have an exterior filter instead. As for your shower access leak, you likely have a loose clamp there, or the hose has become detached.
Bottom line, don't get discouraged...just do the minor fix ups and move on. You could make a list and take it back to dealer for warranty, but many of us have just repaired ourselves, since the dealer was either a little ways away, or it was just a hassle to take it back there, and easier to just repair yourself.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
Site Team

I recently had a small leak at my commode connection. (Rockwood 8282 WS) Puddle on the floor was almost blamed and the dog. Lol. Was able to hand tighten the plastic nut and leak stopped. Thankful. Good luck with your repairs.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #4

Had a leak behind the tub for ten months before I took it to a dealer that I trusted to find and fix it right. He had to peel a wall back to get to it. Loose connection. He said that it is all about the cheap connections that the factories put in. The dealer put it this way.... tighten too loose and it leaks... tighten a hair to tight and it breaks..... The 'factory' does not want to 'break it'.... the factory wants the owner or dealer to 'break it'......

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
We are just now getting into freezing temp in my area. I went to winterize the TT today and noticed a wet spot under water filter, so I turned on water pump to pressurize the system to inspect for leek. While doing so, water started to pour out of the shower access panel. So ended up with two water leeks. We have not been anywhere near freezing temp here yet, so it can't be from that. I just bought the TT and have only used it twice. Will be taking it in to dealer on Friday. Its a Rockwood 8311SS, anybody else having problems with theirs? So far with only having it since November we have had the following problems, both IRV 33 not working (factory fix not available yet) kitchen drawer not functioning correctly, water leeks, and heat strip in front unit not working. When purchasing a new TT we decided to go with rockwood because we wanted something that was built well, but I am starting to have second thoughts about them.
First what is a IRV33 ? The filters are pain, could have vibrated loose a lot of members have removed them for the same problem and use an exterior one. If you opened your access panel you should see what is leaking. Did your heat strip ever work? All units come with something that is wrong, Not great QC at the factory. After I got all the little bugs worked out, things have been good. You bought a good line, Rockwoods are a very good line with the sister unit Flagstaff. In other words don't give up.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, leak, water leak