Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #1

We picked up the 2011 Rockwood 8265WS

So we picked up our new Rockwood 8265WS (love the trailer) on Friday and the walk through went very well. We stayed the first night in Fort Langley, Brae Island park, BC. with full hook ups (20 minutes from the dealer ship). Everything worked just fine.

The next day we gave it all a good shaked down and drove about 400 Km or 240 miles. from Fort Langley to Okanagen Lake Provincial Park, just south of Summerland, BC. This time with no hookups. All working well. The Hijacker auto slide hitch work very well, way better then I would have thought and 90 degree turns are no problems (the hitch assembly has automaticly moved back 14 inches by the time I get to 90 degrees, clearing the cab). I have a short box truck.

We hope to stay on the road for 3-4 weeks depending weather.

Some pictures from our trip at our blog

Cheers,
My RV Cookbook now on Amazon! USA or Canada
Travel Blog
Cooking Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Where should we go next!

Thumbs up

Nothing better than having it go smoothly right out of the gate. Hope you enjoy it at much as we all enjoy ours. With a little luck you can get some good time in it before the snow comes around. Enjoy.

Ford F-150 4X4 Supercrew Ecoboost
SportTrek 334 Touring Edition
Equalizer 4-point 10K lbs.
Offagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #3

Great. Glad everything worked fine. Enjoy the rest of the time before you have to put it to bed for the winter.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #4

Hey Anders: Glad to see you finally got the unit and nice looking truck as well. Just one word of advice after camping in ours this summer, make sure you have extra 30 Amp fuses for your slides. After reading many posts on here it seems to be a common problem, and I went thru at least 5 myself this summer.

Hope you enjoy the trailer as much as we have so far.

andes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andes2 View Post
Hey Anders: Glad to see you finally got the unit and nice looking truck as well. Just one word of advice after camping in ours this summer, make sure you have extra 30 Amp fuses for your slides. After reading many posts on here it seems to be a common problem, and I went thru at least 5 myself this summer.

Hope you enjoy the trailer as much as we have so far.
Thanks for that advice. We were out for a month and got back about a week ago. We put on over 6000Km and did not have any problems. I will take your advice though and bring some fuses next year. We are doing a cross Canada (and back) trip starting around 25th of May 2011 and come back in September -October some time. We will spend most of the time on the east coast.

Cheers,
My RV Cookbook now on Amazon! USA or Canada
Travel Blog
Cooking Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #6

That is a really nice camper!
We looked at the same model in the Flagstaff line and really liked the floorplan. It sounds like you intend to make full use of it, way to go!
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote