Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #61
RAR

As stated in a previous post try looking at preowned. A good friend of my was able to pick up a year old class C for a huge savings. Unfortunately due to Covid the owners had to sell it. They were upset about having to sell it but were also grateful to have the cash in pocket which they said would help make life easier and once this damn Covid thing is over they would purchase another RV.
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #62

RV Purchase

We had similar experience, however we decided to purchase. We are in our early 70's and time is most important to us. We ordered a Geo Pro and truck and hit the road. We traveled through 13 states, visited our son, wife and grandchild. The extra costs were a bargain because my time seeing the country and family were priceless. Time to hit the road again while we can!

Good luck with you travel plans.
amoeba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #63

There have been a number of posts of TT for sale on the Salem FB page recently. Maybe an opportunity there.
Stryker Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:44 PM   #64

The wife and I have decided to sell our 2019 Flagstaff 26RBWS and go to a Class A. We love the Flagstaff but we plan on heading out long term so it will not work well for us. We are waiting till next year like a lot of other folks.
Msgtret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #65

We lived in our 2001 Aero Cub for 5 months this summer boondocking in the mountains. We spent a lot of time talking about the upgrades and mods we wanted to do to it but spent actual hours and money on fixing things. I am retiring March of 2021 (and DH is already retired) and we plan to hit the road for a 9 month tour of the US. We decided to stop the repairs and just upgrade. We have a lot of experience with different rigs and after much shopping for just the right model for us we landed on the Rockwood Roo 23IKSS. We planned to buy later in the year but I made a call in August to the FR sales rep with a question and was told that model was going to be discontinued on 10/1/20. So we took the leap and ordered a 2021 sight unseen. We talked to a lot of dealers and got what we feel was a decent price. We've never bought brand new before but since we expect it to last us a LONG time and a LOT of miles, it made sense at this time. We received it on 10/15 and we LOVE it. It is better than we had expected. We are taking short trips around southern AZ to break it in before we head out in March.

Boondockers since 1982
Jodiwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #66

And FYI - our Aero Cub sold in two hours for just under what we had paid for it 5 years ago.

Boondockers since 1982
Jodiwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Agree, that was also part of our decision.
You made the right decision. When things go back to normal the market will get swamped with rvs that have barely been used. Many of those who bought rvs will find they dont like this type thing and will have to sell in a buyer's market. You may get your super C for quite a deal.
fredoe61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #68

This is an interesting thread. I have been looking to upgrade. RV Nation still has good prices and the TT I've been looking at (Hemisphere 308 RL). I'm not "exactly" ready to pull the trigger on it. Has the FR quality really deteriorated that much?

I haven't had any issues that require me to call FR but is their customer service as bad as people say?

My other choice is a Grand Design Reflection 315 RLTS but they are more expensive. Wondering if the higher price is worth it.
BootlegBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #69

Just a Sample of One, But....

Today I have just finished thoroughly going over our 2021 FR Rockwood mini-lite 2509S. This includes spending 5 driveway nights in it to test systems (and get our dogs used to it ) before our first trip, and have found no issues at all.

Everything functions properly, and all workmanship (such as sealing up roof penetrations) looks good.

In the course of this, I called FR tech support (to see whether I could raise one of the bunks a few inches.) I quickly got through to a very knowledgeable person, who spoke good English(!), and was very enthusiastic and helpful. That phone # is: 574.642.2640. By giving them your VIN, they can pull up your exact unit.

I guess I am almost surprised by my experiences given some of the other comments posted in these forums, but FWIW....
Tom 2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:45 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegBear View Post

My other choice is a Grand Design Reflection 315 RLTS but they are more expensive. Wondering if the higher price is worth it.

Just sold my GD Reflection. Had 30 issues and many, many trips back to the dealer for warranty work. I will never, never buy another Grand Design.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #71

As far as Grand Design goes, I wonder if their quality has improved since Winnebago bought them?

Forest River customer service seems to be hit and miss based on being an FR owner since 2012 and being a member of this forum since early that year and reading many threads on that subject.

Even though I didn't explicitly point out in my prior post that this year has been a record-setting year for towables, I did allude to it by opining that there will be many low to mid-level trailers and 5'ers on the used market in a year or two. Also, by separating driveable (A and C's especially) as still having down figures from last year that two sort of points to double-digit sales increases in the towable market.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote