Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #1

What a waste

This Class C has been sitting unused and unmoved on the storage lot since the end of 2012.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1478105392676.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	124526  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

Maybe Jimmy Hoffa is in it !!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #3

You see this a lot in every storage facility. My brother-in-law makes extra $$$ by contacting the owner (from storage records) and either selling it for them or buying/reselling. I always told my wife if it ever got to the point that we only used our rig a few times a year, we are selling as it definitely would no longer be worth the cost of upkeep.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I always told my wife if it ever got to the point that we only used our rig a few times a year, we are selling as it definitely would no longer be worth the cost of upkeep.
I'm the same way. I think it every time I drive past a rotting trailer carcass...which is fairly regularly.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:16 PM   #5

I understand why people don't get a "chance" to use the RVs they buy. Life gets in the way of living. DW's kids are not real active in after school activities, but many parents and kids are. Some 4-5-6 nights a week in some seasons. This takes time you could be camping. Unless you prioritize camping as a must do... Before mine got totaled we had only used it twice that year(2015) as my father passed away(remodeling house) and I was working on that and handling(still am) his estate and bills. I can almost see light so I WILL be camping now.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I understand why people don't get a "chance" to use the RVs they buy. Life gets in the way of living. DW's kids are not real active in after school activities, but many parents and kids are. Some 4-5-6 nights a week in some seasons. This takes time you could be camping. Unless you prioritize camping as a must do... Before mine got totaled we had only used it twice that year(2015) as my father passed away(remodeling house) and I was working on that and handling(still am) his estate and bills. I can almost see light so I WILL be camping now.
Well your busy, and I'm sorry about your dad's passing, my condolence to you and your family, I hope we will see you soon again when not so busy... Life has away of getting in your way sometimes:

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #7

The tires appear to be aired up, someone must be taking a little care of it. It is a shame to see things sit w/o use. I sold my motorcycle because I wasn't using it but I do understand now why people keep them in their garage for years w/o use. I know I will probably never have another bike and kind of wish I had kept mine.