Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,154
What Accessory do you like or use the most

Was going through my inventory of camping equipment and started pulling things to go back into the camper for our trip to the beach in March. Have ordered a few new chairs, a new beach umbrella (this is where I'll be found), sun shade for the awning, and few other odds and ends. This got me thinking.

What single accessory item, be it unique or common, do you use most often, like the best, most impressed by, or impresses others the most?

I just bought 2 Ostrich 3-N-1 beach chairs that impressed me, my wife really loves, and I find comfortable.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Member
 
buzzmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 79
Has to be the axe, something deeply satisfying about chopping wood while camping to feed the fire !
__________________
2011 F150 Ecoboost Screw 4x4 c/w max tow
2010 Roo 21RS
buzzmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Member
 
SkrapMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA.
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmonster View Post
Has to be the axe, something deeply satisfying about chopping wood while camping to feed the fire !
I agree to that one. Along with a log splitter.
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Member
 
SkrapMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA.
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Was going through my inventory of camping equipment and started pulling things to go back into the camper for our trip to the beach in March. Have ordered a few new chairs, a new beach umbrella (this is where I'll be found), sun shade for the awning, and few other odds and ends. This got me thinking.

What single accessory item, be it unique or common, do you use most often, like the best, most impressed by, or impresses others the most?

I just bought 2 Ostrich 3-N-1 beach chairs that impressed me, my wife really loves, and I find comfortable.
Outside floor mats are a must. BBQ. Tools. Chairs. Fire pit. Outdoor decor lights.
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Earth Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 627
does a level spot count as an accessory? how about nice neighbors? I will have to say our cast iron and my rocking chair!
__________________

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 3,012
The best

My big Coleman cooler filled with ice and adult COLD beverages ... forget the splitter.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
FloridaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 256
Outdoor grill, tv/satellite for sports, cold beer, comfortable chair, And warm fire. Although a great gadget is the voracious heater is great. Once you have warmed your camper to comfortable temp, this heating fan safely keeps the camper warm without the dangers of a space heater while saving your propane!
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,154
I have seriously thought of custom building a kegerator into a dead space area that would hold a "corny" keg filled with homebrew, and put a tap on the side of the camper. I'm just concerned with the keg getting bounced too much.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Campster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 248
Wood pellet grill/smoker and Camp Chef outdoor three burner stove. I love cooking outside and enjoy the nasal happiness it brings...
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
Wood pellet grill/smoker and Camp Chef outdoor three burner stove. I love cooking outside and enjoy the nasal happiness it brings...
I'm definitely adding an outdoor stove this year. Have 2 grills, but need the cooktop.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Campster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I'm definitely adding an outdoor stove this year. Have 2 grills, but need the cooktop.
Take a look at the Camp Chef Pro 90 3 Burner Stove. It is the one I use and works great. I bought a few different griddles to use with it and the storage bag that you can carry it around in. I have a quick connect hose kit that I use to hook it up to a propane line on our trailer. I love that thing!

Pro 90 3 Burner Propane Stove - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors

It's a little pricey, but if you look around you might be able to find it cheaper. I have the luxury of having a son that owns a business that carries Camp Chef so I got a very good deal on it and a few other Camp Chef items. They are very well built and will last a long time.
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
Take a look at the Camp Chef Pro 90 3 Burner Stove. It is the one I use and works great. I bought a few different griddles to use with it and the storage bag that you can carry it around in. I have a quick connect hose kit that I use to hook it up to a propane line on our trailer. I love that thing!

Pro 90 3 Burner Propane Stove - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors

It's a little pricey, but if you look around you might be able to find it cheaper. I have the luxury of having a son that owns a business that carries Camp Chef so I got a very good deal on it and a few other Camp Chef items. They are very well built and will last a long time.
Checked it out, and I can see one those in my near future. May downsize from yours and go with the 60 to save space. Will need to take some measurements of storage compartments.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Campster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Checked it out, and I can see one those in my near future. May downsize from yours and go with the 60 to save space. Will need to take some measurements of storage compartments.
Sounds Good! I don't think you will be disappointed if you choose to go that route. All their camping stuff is quite nice. Good luck...
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western New York State
Posts: 1,390
My two recliner chairs, a couple of cozies to keep the beer cold and my Coleman Roadtrip grill. Easy to move about, love the cast iron grates and griddle top and is a miser on the Coleman small 1lb. propane bottles, so much so see no need for a bigger bottle or the adapter that you can buy to fill the bottles off of your rigs propane tank.
__________________
sherman12 and The Fabulous Miss Barb
2014 SportsCoach Cross Country 360DL DP
Former 2011 Georgetown 330TS
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 930
Weber Q120, and a portable ice making machine ...
poor ice machine has been through sun/dirt/rain .. and still keeps on running. We only bring it on longer trips ... 5 days plus ... but have found that this thing is probably the best investment so far .. outside of the Q120.
No silly trips to the store for cooler ice .. and it just constantly just trugges along ... needing the odd fillup and offload ...

d-mo
__________________
2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 20,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
Weber Q120, and a portable ice making machine ...
poor ice machine has been through sun/dirt/rain .. and still keeps on running. We only bring it on longer trips ... 5 days plus ... but have found that this thing is probably the best investment so far .. outside of the Q120.
No silly trips to the store for cooler ice .. and it just constantly just trugges along ... needing the odd fillup and offload ..
I so want an ice maker!
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're settlin' down for a spell
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
PineForestCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmonster View Post
Has to be the axe, something deeply satisfying about chopping wood while camping to feed the fire !
Satisfying for sure. I have to include in that my chainsaw. I want logs that are ready to be split.

I was checking in with a National Forest office as to any specific rules pertaining to gathering wood in that area and was told "why dont you just buy some firewood". I nearly swallowed my tongue and had to cover my ears.
__________________
2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2016 Keystone Outback 250URS
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s (SOLD)

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
Senior member
 
geodavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oregon Illinois
Posts: 134
My recliner chairs and my fishing poles.
__________________
2012 Salem 27rls TT
2006 Dodge Ram Big horn 5.7 v 8
2012 camped 32 days
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #19
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 20,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post

Satisfying for sure. I have to include in that my chainsaw. I want logs that are ready to be split.

I was checking in with a National Forest office as to any specific rules pertaining to gathering wood in that area and was told "why dont you just buy some firewood". I nearly swallowed my tongue and had to cover my ears.
Hilarious! My background is PA state parks- if it's down, you're allowed to collect and burn it. It was quite a shock to go to private campgrounds and be expected to buy wood there (or if local enough, sneak it it).
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're settlin' down for a spell
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
PineForestCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Hilarious! My background is PA state parks- if it's down, you're allowed to collect and burn it. It was quite a shock to go to private campgrounds and be expected to buy wood there (or if local enough, sneak it it).
Wish MN State Parks were so tolerant of down and dead wood as they are in PA. Doesnt work that way here. You are not allowed to gather up firewood in State Parks. You are in State Forests but they are managed by the State Parks and I've had workers attempt to shut me down using State Park rules. They are only able to show State Park rules but I am well versed in State Forest rules. National Forests generally are more tolerant of gathering up firewood but Park staff in MN were the ones that tried to dissuade me from gathering and wondered why I didnt just buy wood. I was told by one staff worker that I had better not "fill my truck" or they will shut me down. I let them know that I didnt have a big truck and I was only staying for three nights at the campground! I'm not aware of private campground rules in MN as I dont stay at any. I stay at National Forest campgrounds frequently in Wyoming and they are the absolute best when it comes to gathering up dead and down wood.

When you say background...do you mean you worked for the State Parks...or do you mean you generally camp at State Parks?
__________________
2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2016 Keystone Outback 250URS
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s (SOLD)

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.