Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What Accessory do you like or use the most

Was going through my inventory of camping equipment and started pulling things to go back into the camper for our trip to the beach in March. Have ordered a few new chairs, a new beach umbrella (this is where I'll be found), sun shade for the awning, and few other odds and ends. This got me thinking.

What single accessory item, be it unique or common, do you use most often, like the best, most impressed by, or impresses others the most?

I just bought 2 Ostrich 3-N-1 beach chairs that impressed me, my wife really loves, and I find comfortable.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #2

Has to be the axe, something deeply satisfying about chopping wood while camping to feed the fire !
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmonster View Post
Has to be the axe, something deeply satisfying about chopping wood while camping to feed the fire !
I agree to that one. Along with a log splitter.
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Was going through my inventory of camping equipment and started pulling things to go back into the camper for our trip to the beach in March. Have ordered a few new chairs, a new beach umbrella (this is where I'll be found), sun shade for the awning, and few other odds and ends. This got me thinking.

What single accessory item, be it unique or common, do you use most often, like the best, most impressed by, or impresses others the most?

I just bought 2 Ostrich 3-N-1 beach chairs that impressed me, my wife really loves, and I find comfortable.
Outside floor mats are a must. BBQ. Tools. Chairs. Fire pit. Outdoor decor lights.
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #5

does a level spot count as an accessory? how about nice neighbors? I will have to say our cast iron and my rocking chair!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The best

My big Coleman cooler filled with ice and adult COLD beverages ... forget the splitter.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #7

Outdoor grill, tv/satellite for sports, cold beer, comfortable chair, And warm fire. Although a great gadget is the voracious heater is great. Once you have warmed your camper to comfortable temp, this heating fan safely keeps the camper warm without the dangers of a space heater while saving your propane!
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have seriously thought of custom building a kegerator into a dead space area that would hold a "corny" keg filled with homebrew, and put a tap on the side of the camper. I'm just concerned with the keg getting bounced too much.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #9

Wood pellet grill/smoker and Camp Chef outdoor three burner stove. I love cooking outside and enjoy the nasal happiness it brings...
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
Wood pellet grill/smoker and Camp Chef outdoor three burner stove. I love cooking outside and enjoy the nasal happiness it brings...
I'm definitely adding an outdoor stove this year. Have 2 grills, but need the cooktop.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #11

Quote:
I'm definitely adding an outdoor stove this year. Have 2 grills, but need the cooktop.
Take a look at the Camp Chef Pro 90 3 Burner Stove. It is the one I use and works great. I bought a few different griddles to use with it and the storage bag that you can carry it around in. I have a quick connect hose kit that I use to hook it up to a propane line on our trailer. I love that thing!

Pro 90 3 Burner Propane Stove - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors

It's a little pricey, but if you look around you might be able to find it cheaper. I have the luxury of having a son that owns a business that carries Camp Chef so I got a very good deal on it and a few other Camp Chef items. They are very well built and will last a long time.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
Take a look at the Camp Chef Pro 90 3 Burner Stove. It is the one I use and works great. I bought a few different griddles to use with it and the storage bag that you can carry it around in. I have a quick connect hose kit that I use to hook it up to a propane line on our trailer. I love that thing!

Pro 90 3 Burner Propane Stove - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors

It's a little pricey, but if you look around you might be able to find it cheaper. I have the luxury of having a son that owns a business that carries Camp Chef so I got a very good deal on it and a few other Camp Chef items. They are very well built and will last a long time.
Checked it out, and I can see one those in my near future. May downsize from yours and go with the 60 to save space. Will need to take some measurements of storage compartments.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Checked it out, and I can see one those in my near future. May downsize from yours and go with the 60 to save space. Will need to take some measurements of storage compartments.
Sounds Good! I don't think you will be disappointed if you choose to go that route. All their camping stuff is quite nice. Good luck...
Old 01-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #14

My two recliner chairs, a couple of cozies to keep the beer cold and my Coleman Roadtrip grill. Easy to move about, love the cast iron grates and griddle top and is a miser on the Coleman small 1lb. propane bottles, so much so see no need for a bigger bottle or the adapter that you can buy to fill the bottles off of your rigs propane tank.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #15

Weber Q120, and a portable ice making machine ...
poor ice machine has been through sun/dirt/rain .. and still keeps on running. We only bring it on longer trips ... 5 days plus ... but have found that this thing is probably the best investment so far .. outside of the Q120.
No silly trips to the store for cooler ice .. and it just constantly just trugges along ... needing the odd fillup and offload ...

d-mo
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
Weber Q120, and a portable ice making machine ...
poor ice machine has been through sun/dirt/rain .. and still keeps on running. We only bring it on longer trips ... 5 days plus ... but have found that this thing is probably the best investment so far .. outside of the Q120.
No silly trips to the store for cooler ice .. and it just constantly just trugges along ... needing the odd fillup and offload ..
I so want an ice maker!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmonster View Post
Satisfying for sure. I have to include in that my chainsaw. I want logs that are ready to be split.

I was checking in with a National Forest office as to any specific rules pertaining to gathering wood in that area and was told "why dont you just buy some firewood". I nearly swallowed my tongue and had to cover my ears.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #18

My recliner chairs and my fishing poles.
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #19
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post

Satisfying for sure. I have to include in that my chainsaw. I want logs that are ready to be split.

I was checking in with a National Forest office as to any specific rules pertaining to gathering wood in that area and was told "why dont you just buy some firewood". I nearly swallowed my tongue and had to cover my ears.
Hilarious! My background is PA state parks- if it's down, you're allowed to collect and burn it. It was quite a shock to go to private campgrounds and be expected to buy wood there (or if local enough, sneak it it).
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Hilarious! My background is PA state parks- if it's down, you're allowed to collect and burn it. It was quite a shock to go to private campgrounds and be expected to buy wood there (or if local enough, sneak it it).
Wish MN State Parks were so tolerant of down and dead wood as they are in PA. Doesnt work that way here. You are not allowed to gather up firewood in State Parks. You are in State Forests but they are managed by the State Parks and I've had workers attempt to shut me down using State Park rules. They are only able to show State Park rules but I am well versed in State Forest rules. National Forests generally are more tolerant of gathering up firewood but Park staff in MN were the ones that tried to dissuade me from gathering and wondered why I didnt just buy wood. I was told by one staff worker that I had better not "fill my truck" or they will shut me down. I let them know that I didnt have a big truck and I was only staying for three nights at the campground! I'm not aware of private campground rules in MN as I dont stay at any. I stay at National Forest campgrounds frequently in Wyoming and they are the absolute best when it comes to gathering up dead and down wood.

When you say background...do you mean you worked for the State Parks...or do you mean you generally camp at State Parks?

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote