Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
TTNewbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54

hey you are not far from us, where in WI do you like to go?
Well, up until this past fall we were tent camping but because we only have weekends available looking to stay 3 hrs away. Places we liked are petenwell, castle rock and sturgeon bay.

In reviewing my Allstays camp/RV app I am seeing a few place near Koskonong and rivers edge south of Wausau that I would like to check out.

When I figure out how to get my TT, atv and boat all to same place with one TV then I will be in business

Probably stick to just camping this year until I figure out a second TV!
__________________
Mike
2012 Lacrosse 303RK
2012 F250 6.7 diesel
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
BOBFIDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
We have plans to go to the Rally in August, down to Mississippi, up to Arkansas then back home to Iowa. Plans to go to Utah in June, and maybe to Oklahoma in July. A few days local camping with the 4 youngest granddaughters ages 4, 5, 5, 6. Other then that nothing else planned as of this time.
Where will you go when you come to Oklahom? Maybe we could meet up with some Oklahoma FROGS.
__________________
2011 FORD F350 CREW CAB DUALLY DIESEL 4x2
2010 Salem LA 292FKDS
One of the Original 14 F.R.O.G.s
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
nuisance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,007
we usually go to Kingfisher, I have relatives there and a friend has a big 4th of July party.
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #84
Drinkin beer on the beach
 
Rod Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
January: Cottonwood/Rancho Jurupa Park
February: San Clemente SB
March: San Clemente SB
May: San Diego
June: San Clemente SB
Hey, how much does it cost for these camping areas and do you have to make reservations and such?

I've never actually camped in a campground. Well, with the trailer anyways.

We're headed out to Ocotillo again this weekend. No real plans for any other holidays. My pay is commission based. No work = no pay. However as long as I can get the work done on time, I only schedule 20 working days per month, I can usually take a couple days off at the end of every month.
__________________
2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #85
Drinkin beer on the beach
 
Rod Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
When I figure out how to get my TT, atv and boat all to same place with one TV then I will be in business
I was thinking, if I do a slip and slide on the ramp of my toyhauler, I can get a jetski up in there, right? I figure I'll have the GF pull the detachable kitchen faucet head out, kick on the water pump, and go for it.

__________________
2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
PapaSmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Posts: 242
We have a monthly trip planned for April through November with our friends. These trips are normally less than 200 miles. Then we are planning an outter banks run to meet up with the kids and grandkids in August. Possibily Key West at Christmas. The rest will just be impromptu trips to the Smokies or Branson for long weekend get aways. We try to get out every other weekend all year long, other than our 8 scheduled trips with friends, we just hitch and go where the road takes us.
__________________
2011 Ram Truck 2500, Crew Cab, 6.7L CTD, 4X4, 3.73 Rear
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
Earth Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 627
We have a few weekends planned for April, May, June & July already.Then the biggest trip yet will happen the end of September...... heading northeast from Missouri to visit family in Connecticut --- whale watch in Massachusetts ---- see the fall colors in New Hampshire and Vermont..... then head back home through New York -- across 90 === We just have to wait for the Station to be delivered to get this all moving
__________________

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,000
Mid April we will start heading back to Ont. from BC. Hope to take a trip to the Canadian east coast in Sept. will then head back to BC mid Oct.
__________________
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #89
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Johnson View Post
Hey, how much does it cost for these camping areas and do you have to make reservations and such?

I've never actually camped in a campground. Well, with the trailer anyways.

We're headed out to Ocotillo again this weekend. No real plans for any other holidays. My pay is commission based. No work = no pay. However as long as I can get the work done on time, I only schedule 20 working days per month, I can usually take a couple days off at the end of every month.
San Clemente SB is not cheap - sites with hook ups $60 per night. There is a discount card available for handicap which will reduce the fee by $50%. Reservations recommended for most of year - this cg is popular and often sold out within minutes when new booking window opens @ ReserveAmerica.

About $35 per night for hook ups for Cottonwood @ Ranch Jurupa (Riverside). You can make reservations online or by phone and you can also drive up and see what's available. Usually not a problem getting a site except during holidays.

Peak periods: June & July in CA camgrounds tend to very busy with school being out and also most major holidays. It's possible to pick up cancellations so keep checking availablity.

I have co-workers that camp in Ocotillo and just loves it!
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #90
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
As of this time, we are going to two local state parks. One in May w/ no electric hook ups, and over the 4th of July for a week. Planning on adding short week end trips too, but all local.
dixons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Where will you go when you come to Oklahom? Maybe we could meet up with some Oklahoma FROGS.
How much room do you have on your front lawn?
__________________
NEW 2021.5 GT5 34H5 (2/8/21)
2012 Georgetown XL 378TS (SOLD)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #92
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,674
We're off on the 29th, week in southern Georgia,4 days in silver springs Fl, week in Tampa followed by two weeks in disney's fortwilderness can't wait first outing since I retired.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
Last year I had plans to camp wherever the fish where bitin‘. Didn’t work out.
Year before I planned on camping at least half the time where the grandkids couldn’t find me. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans on a couple of trips with other family members who are RV’ers as well. TT was sent back to factory for delam. Took almost 2 months,. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I planned on camping in a local state park where everyone is friendly. Got cussed out by the lady 2 sites down (large sites) for sweeping my concrete pad. She said the dust I stirred up aggravated her asthma. She cussed me out a second time when I was spraying bug repellent on one of my grand daughters. Same reason, aggravated her asthma. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had several trips planned. Some with family, but I injured my back and had surgery. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans for at least 2 weekend trips per month during the summer. TT received hail damage in April. Took it in to get fixed the week before Memorial Day. Got it back the week after Labor Day. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I didn't camp much. I spent most of the summer learning how to work on tt's. Didn't work out.
The two years before that are kind of hazy, so I'm not sure how things went

The years before all that we camped in tents and later in a pop up. On several occasions I found out just how big a storm they could take. I'm still here, so I guess that worked out okay.

So I’ve given this a lot of thought over the winter, when not in hibernating mode. I think I have a great plan worked out. I decided to camp whenever I can, wherever I can!

Maybe this year it’ll work out.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
We're off on the 29th, week in southern Georgia,4 days in silver springs Fl, week in Tampa followed by two weeks in disney's fortwilderness can't wait first outing since I retired.
Its going to be hard being you just retired.
Turn off the cell phone and try to kick back and relax.
A few extra drinks always helps.
Enjoy yourself.
__________________
NEW 2021.5 GT5 34H5 (2/8/21)
2012 Georgetown XL 378TS (SOLD)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #95
RVer In The Making
 
DobiesDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 15
Hope to buy our first RV a F.R.
DobiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
BOBFIDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Last year I had plans to camp wherever the fish where bitin‘. Didn’t work out.
Year before I planned on camping at least half the time where the grandkids couldn’t find me. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans on a couple of trips with other family members who are RV’ers as well. TT was sent back to factory for delam. Took almost 2 months,. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I planned on camping in a local state park where everyone is friendly. Got cussed out by the lady 2 sites down (large sites) for sweeping my concrete pad. She said the dust I stirred up aggravated her asthma. She cussed me out a second time when I was spraying bug repellent on one of my grand daughters. Same reason, aggravated her asthma. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had several trips planned. Some with family, but I injured my back and had surgery. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans for at least 2 weekend trips per month during the summer. TT received hail damage in April. Took it in to get fixed the week before Memorial Day. Got it back the week after Labor Day. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I didn't camp much. I spent most of the summer learning how to work on tt's. Didn't work out.
The two years before that are kind of hazy, so I'm not sure how things went

The years before all that we camped in tents and later in a pop up. On several occasions I found out just how big a storm they could take. I'm still here, so I guess that worked out okay.

So I’ve given this a lot of thought over the winter, when not in hibernating mode. I think I have a great plan worked out. I decided to camp whenever I can, wherever I can!

Maybe this year it’ll work out.
Hey Gary.....Just do not make plans and run with it...lolol
__________________
2011 FORD F350 CREW CAB DUALLY DIESEL 4x2
2010 Salem LA 292FKDS
One of the Original 14 F.R.O.G.s
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #97
Drinkin beer on the beach
 
Rod Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Maybe this year itíll work out.
Keep the expectations low and the spirits up. I guarantee it'll work out.
__________________
2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Hey Gary.....Just do not make plans and run with it...lolol
Notice I left out how it was too hot to camp last summer!!!!!

Got any dates for Marvel yet? I'll try and make plans if you do!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobiesDaddy View Post
Hope to buy our first RV a F.R.
So you are wanabe.
You know that you can ask any questions before you buy.
We havea weath of information here in respect to all types and model.
Many can tell you advantages of one layout to another.
Good luck
__________________
NEW 2021.5 GT5 34H5 (2/8/21)
2012 Georgetown XL 378TS (SOLD)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #100
Brigitte
 
boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 725
Our first year of camping with the Shasta. We got it last fall and went out on two small trips.
Having a hard time deciding where to go and how far.
We booked 5 nights in Lake George NY
Probably will return to Association Island, great place!
Planning a 2 week trip but we are intimidated with driving over 1 day, not sure if it would be safe to stop at a walmart or other quick overnight stop. There are two of us women and 3 little dogs. Of course, no one would know to look at the big Ram
We are thinking about somewhere on the coast of Maine or Perce or anywhere down east but again, hesitant with the drive.
Is it possible to stop over in a campgroind and pay for the night but not un-hitch? Just park and sleep?
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.