Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #1

What are your RV plans for 2012?

Here is a few of my RV trips for 2012.

1. Boondocking at Quartzsite AZ with friends
2. Boondocking at Lake Havasu AZ with friends
3. Full hookup at Del Mar Beach, Camp Pendelton CA.
4. Yellowstone Park
5. Grand Tetons

Your turn
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #2

Wow it will be hard to match IGGY'S planned trips but here goes. We will try to get in a few local trips just as soon as it warms up here in north central KS. Early May we will head to NW AR (where we used to live) attend a great niece wedding before going to an outdoor gospel sing near Harrison AR. From there a swing thru KY, OH, IN. Plan to be near Indy, IN when our 4th great grand child is born & IL before heading home.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #3

For sure trips in 2012.....

Mid March...Trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth area for a midget race weekend and wifes cousins visits.

Late July/early August...Beloit, Kansas, Lincoln, Nebraska, and Belleville, Kansas for a combined midget race trip and family visit in Lincoln.

Mid August...Thru St. Louis on the way to FROG RALLY in Elkhart, on to Detroit to visit the Henry Ford Museum, then east to Maryland/Washington DC, for sightseeing and family visiting.

There will be other local trips with our Northeast Oklahoma FROG group...or as Gary likes to say...The MOKAT FROG group...for Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Texas FROG. I have no issue with that name. Any and all FROG folks will be welcomed.....Even folks from Michigan who go to Arizona every winter...named George and Peggy. We might even plan an outing around their trip back to Michigan in late April or May.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We have been talking about a trip somewhere south around the 1st of March.....the missus has the winter blues by then, and she wants to head to warmer weather.

We will probably do spring and fall trips to First Landing State Park in Va. Beach.....we have friends living close by.

The F.R.O.G rally in August.

The rest of the season will be spur of the moment trips to local campgrounds in the state or federal parks and forests. The missus can get off Fridays sometimes, so that gives us 3 day weekends.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #5

We seem to have the best times when things aren't planned so we will just wing it and go on a Friday afternoon when one of us says "we should go camping".Then we will hook on and start driving and stop when we feel like it.Maybe we should plan a little more but our day to day is quite structured and it's nice to get away from that,so we go camping.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #6

Nothing firm yet, but I'll start to get happy getting it out from under the cover, and de-winterizing!!!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #7

So many Wal-Marts so little time....
Old 01-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #8

Last two weeks of June, heading to Colorado, Denver area and I'm certain many smaller trips the rest of the year
Old 01-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #9

Tenative dates

There are two places we are going to go this year.
April,May,June,July,August,September there will be at least 1 trip per month to Pigeon Forge if I don't leave the wife and kids down there the whole summer vacation.We plan on doing this so friends and family will come down and camp with us at different times. There is also a trip to Myrtle Beach planned. All dates and trips are tenative. Nothing set in stone yet. It looks like its either going to get warm here really quick this year or it going to dump 3 foot of snow in April.(I'm thinking since we just bought a new camper and can't wait to use it that it will be snowing in late March and early April.) It could be a few trips that last up to 4-6 weeks per trip or it could be up to 12 different trips to the same place plus one trip or two to Myrtle. We'll just go with the flow.
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #10

I agree that sometime a no plans trip is good.
For me the only trip that has to be scheduled is the one to Yellowstone as campground space fills up quickly in West Yellowstone and inside the park.

I really wish I could make the FROG rally in Elkhart but that one is just a few too many miles. I noticed no one want to come visit me this winter in Arizona. I'm really hurt
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #11

We will be going to the Gulf coast for 5 days in April. Local trips to Texas State Patks close to home. One big trip to Laconia NY in the fall as it stands now. I want to go camping Today, but my DW says I have to work.
I can only dream of maybe this weekend, should be in the low 60's.
Happy Camping
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #12

With all the problems I have had so far, and problems on this forum I haven't had yet, afraid to go anywhere. Might try month of March in Arizona if I get the nerve up. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
Hob

My DW tells me they aren't problems, they are adventures.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #14

1. Memorial Day Weekend - will probably be the first camping trip in 2012. Going to a private campground in Otis, MA, with a bunch of family (20+).

2. Hammonasset State Park, CT (most of June) - I work from home, and I define home as anyplace with reliable 3G wireless coverage where I can park my TT.

3. Finger Lakes Wine Festival, Watkins Glen, NY (July 14-16) - I've been going every year since 2008. The day time wine tasting and live entertainment is fine, but the night time partying throughout the entire camping area is always very entertaining!

4. Northampton Beach Campground, NY (through the end of July) - the last week of July is the official "family vacation week" this year. The head count is expected to be over 60, so I may end up wanting to getting back to work in order to get some rest.

5. FROG International Rally (Aug 13-17) - My first "long distance" RV adventure. 800 miles one-way. Looking forward to meeting fellow FROGS, especially those who were kind enough to respond to my posts over the past few months. And I'm also looking forward to the factory tours and hopefully meeting some of the folks who made my new V-Lite.

6. Labor Day Weekend - will probably end up back in Otis with the same crew that started the camping season.

7. Hammonasset State Park, CT (second half of Sept) - back to our favorite local campground. It's so quiet during the week when all of the kids are back in school.

Not a bad start. Still have a few weekends to fill in.
david-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Site Team

January: Cottonwood/Rancho Jurupa Park
February: San Clemente SB
March: San Clemente SB
May: San Diego
June: San Clemente SB

OK, its time to wander elsewhere besides San Clemente SB....working on it. Should be able to fill in some missing slots with other places. Taking a road trip this weekend to check out Calico Ghost Town. I need to find out what type of drive it will be between the wind and going up and down hill.

Chances are I will cancel some of the San Clemente reservations if I find something else I'm interested in. Would you be surprised that I hated this CG the first time I stayed there? It's true.

Still pondering where I want to go for the 4th of July and Labor Day weekend. Somewhere cool and not so hot (like SC SB). I can't get away for Memorial Day unless it very close to home - besides I'm heading out in less than a week after that.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #16

Leaving Saturday, headed to Texas. We have just over two weeks to kill, we'll see how far down the gulf coast we can get before we have to return. Many appointments in Feb.

Somewhere around the first of March, we're headed west. We'll figure out where the temps will be in the mid to upper 70's, and head there. Once there, we'll follow the thermometer north. Wanting to spend some time in the Az desert riding the buggy if'n it ain't too hot yet. Figure we'll spend most of the summer somewhere close to southern Idaho, have family there.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #17

June. to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone in June.

December. Cajun Palms with lots of friends for our yearly New Years trip.

About 40+ days of just going camping somewhere.

I work 28 days on and 28 days off. So lots of time for camping.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #18

The main trip for the year will be up through Nebraska and across South Dakota in September. About 10 days total. Memorial Day weekend will be spent at a State Park in central Missouri, Father's Day weekend going to Stockton Lake and camping with my youngest brother and his family, a few other weekends planned at a variety of Missouri State Parks. Several more trips to be planned and considering another extended trip to Colorado.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I agree that sometime a no plans trip is good.
For me the only trip that has to be scheduled is the one to Yellowstone as campground space fills up quickly in West Yellowstone and inside the park.

I really wish I could make the FROG rally in Elkhart but that one is just a few too many miles. I noticed no one want to come visit me this winter in Arizona. I'm really hurt
Iggy - We are down here in Tucson, but we are already booked through the end of March. Already had a hunting trip first of the year, this weekend at are annual Desert Camp outside of Florence. Next month in Pinetop for a few days and then the Blue Ridge area on the Mongollon Rim the following week for a few more days, but the 5er will stay there through mid March when we head back up there. April, heading to the property in New Mexico.

Then there's the summer camps...
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #20
Anacortesians

We're still thinking! One plan is to go south in I-405/I-5. First stop at Columbia River RV Park for a couple of nights, then on down the Columbia Gorge to Tollbridge County park, near Hood River, Oregon. We'd probably head north then to one of our favorites - Charbonneau SP near Richland, then another favorite - Beebe Bridge County park in Chelan Falls. From there, who knows. It depends on the stae of the travel account, the price of gas, etc.

Maybe across the border at Osouyous (SP?) and through BC to Vancouver and then home.