Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #21

Besides all the things we normally do, one big trip to Hell on Wheels in Cheyenne, Wy.

Also:
3rd Annual Fisher House Charity Match (March - Amite, LA)
Shootout at Purgatory (April - Mendenhall, MS)
Three Gringos on the road to ->Shootout at Cypress Creek (May North Louisiana somewhere)
Hell on Wheels
Three Gringos on the road to ->Resurrection (Sept - Quitman, LA)
Cubbie's Brother Memorial Grass Skirt Match & Hawiian Costume Contest (Sept Amite, LA)
St. Augustine (as soon as it cools off)
Black Powder Championship at Coyote Creek (November - Amite, LA)

As you can see the Puma will be quite busy in 2012...
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

This entire thread makes me feel inadequate. I think I have camper-envy

With a business and what not, we are staying within 5 hours of home and completely in WI this year. But we plan to get out as often as we can; even if its local.

Cheers everyone. Love to read about your epic trips.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #23

Replace the axles and all 4 tires on our 2012 Forest River Salem 27RKSS which has 2000 miles on it in total.
and if we have enough cash left over take a couple road trips. Maybe visit my brother in Waterloo Ontario or take in a NASCAR race in NH.

Either way I will have the electric sys protected withthe new surge in line protector. Our first and only camping trip last year resulted in ours and 7 other trailers being damaged from a power blast. One couple from Ontario beside us ended with a fire.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
This entire thread makes me feel inadequate. I think I have camper-envy

With a business and what not, we are staying within 5 hours of home and completely in WI this year. But we plan to get out as often as we can; even if its local.

Cheers everyone. Love to read about your epic trips.
x2 Scott!!
I was thinking the same thing as I read those itineraries!!

Congrats to all of you with the trips planned to 'must-see' destinations like the Tetons etc.....
Please take tonnes of photos and post on here, so those of us who live vicariously can enjoy!

As for me, I am also staying within 5-6 hours of home, at Provincial Parks in Ontario.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #25

X3 Three or four hours one way is as long a trip as we can take because my boss
(self employed) is very tight with vacation time.Maybe later in life he will lighten up a bit.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malco View Post
X3 Three or four hours one way is as long a trip as we can take because my boss
(self employed) is very tight with vacation time. Maybe later in life he will lighten up a bit.
Then you need to be more positive about your boss
Just like the Taxi owner... but then again..........
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Replace the axles and all 4 tires on our 2012 Forest River Salem 27RKSS which has 2000 miles on it in total.
and if we have enough cash left over take a couple road trips. Maybe visit my brother in Waterloo Ontario or take in a NASCAR race in NH.

Either way I will have the electric sys protected withthe new surge in line protector. Our first and only camping trip last year resulted in ours and 7 other trailers being damaged from a power blast. One couple from Ontario beside us ended with a fire.
Last spring I brought a portable surge protector and it came in handy the second time I used it.

Why was it necessary to replace the axles so soon? Do the tires wear out as fast too?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #28

Iggy, where do you boondock in Quartzite and Lake Havasu?
We were down there a few years ago on a scouting trip, visited some friends from Washington state. They were camper south of Quartzite on the east side of the highway, maybe 5 miles (?) out. They had about 40 acres all to themselves!

And a mile or so north of Lake Havasu, we drove up this dry gulch for a few miles, only to find a half-dozen campers and fifth wheels, all set up really nice for a long stay. That wasn't you and your friends, was it? Haha

We would sure like to do that some winter, but it is a heck of a long drive from Manitoba!

We are planning to go to Wyoming this spring, and stop at the Little Bighorn Battlefield. We may go down into Colorado, as we haven't been there in a long time. Love it there. Or may just circle back past the Devil's Tower, maybe stop near Deadwood again.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-o View Post
1. Memorial Day Weekend - will probably be the first camping trip in 2012. Going to a private campground in Otis, MA, with a bunch of family (20+).

2. Hammonasset State Park, CT (most of June) - I work from home, and I define home as anyplace with reliable 3G wireless coverage where I can park my TT.

3. Finger Lakes Wine Festival, Watkins Glen, NY (July 14-16) - I've been going every year since 2008. The day time wine tasting and live entertainment is fine, but the night time partying throughout the entire camping area is always very entertaining!

4. Northampton Beach Campground, NY (through the end of July) - the last week of July is the official "family vacation week" this year. The head count is expected to be over 60, so I may end up wanting to getting back to work in order to get some rest.

5. FROG International Rally (Aug 13-17) - My first "long distance" RV adventure. 800 miles one-way. Looking forward to meeting fellow FROGS, especially those who were kind enough to respond to my posts over the past few months. And I'm also looking forward to the factory tours and hopefully meeting some of the folks who made my new V-Lite.

6. Labor Day Weekend - will probably end up back in Otis with the same crew that started the camping season.

7. Hammonasset State Park, CT (second half of Sept) - back to our favorite local campground. It's so quiet during the week when all of the kids are back in school.

Not a bad start. Still have a few weekends to fill in.

David can I come with you? I like your plans better than mine.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Iggy, where do you boondock in Quartzite and Lake Havasu?.....
My friends usually use the same place every year in Quartzsite.
It is south of Interstate 10 and about 5 miles east of town and 2-3 miles south. This area is so wide open you can probably have 10,000 rigs and it still wouldn't be crowded. I usually only go for a day or two as we only live east about 100 miles so its no big deal.
I do like seeing all the new stuff they have for RV's. Everything under the sun you can buy here during the RV week.
Here is a link if anyone want to know more.
Quartzsite Arizona RV Show

And if you like rocks and meteriorites they have one for that also right now.
Hobby Craft and Gems Show
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #31
Cardinal 04 31LE

March -- Chili Cookoff in Saxis VA - Tall Pines Harbor View
May - Fire Service Weekend in Saxis Va - Tall Pines Harbor View
Memorial Day Weekend - Frontiertown Ocean City, MD
June -- Maryland State Firemens Assoc. Conference -- Frontiertown again
July 4 -- Niagara Falls; Still researching good location / campgrounds... any suggestions?
August - Urbana, Va -- Beth Page Camground
Labor Day - Spring Gulch, Lancaster (New Holland), PA
October -- Apple Harvest Festival -- Gettysburg, PA
October -- Halloween - Fort Whaley Campground, Near Ocean City, MD
November -- I wish I didn't have to winterize the rig.
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy

David can I come with you? I like your plans better than mine.
Sure thing, Iggy. We always have room for more around the campfire.

Dave
david-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #33
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Here is a few of my RV trips for 2012.

1. Boondocking at Quartzsite AZ with friends
2. Boondocking at Lake Havasu AZ with friends
3. Full hookup at Del Mar Beach, Camp Pendelton CA.
4. Yellowstone Park
5. Grand Tetons

Your turn
I am with Iggy!
Especially 4 & 5!!
Can we tag alone?

P~

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #34

Vegas over spring break, but not camping.

Considering So California in July, Considering Yellowstone in June, various trips to the Sawtooth Mts as they are close
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #35
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Right now we are PLANNING on going to the F.R.O.G rally in Elkhart in August! Hope we make it! Anyone else going?

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #36

The end of Feb or first of March I will go to TX if I don't have to work. I only work when they need me. Unfortunatly I will probably not get to go to the FROG Rally in Aug as that is our busy time usually.

I may just spend the summer running back and forth between here and TX when I don't have to work unless my son is using my WC when he is out of town working. Then I will have to stay home.

When my house sells I am fulltime in it!!

Cherry
cherrykiss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #37

I find the trip planning is enjoyable and keeps me busy during the cooler months.

We are heading to Southeast TN, Western NC, and Northern GA in late April for two weeks. Campgrounds we plan to visit include Chester Frost Park (outside Chattanooga), Indian Boundary NFS Campground near Tellico Plans, TN, and the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds (Hawaisse, GA) for the BMW Motorcycle Rally.

The other long trip planned for the fall will have us near Charleston, NC, Savannah, GA, St. Augustine, FL, and Destin, FL.

We will also do several 10 days trips to camp in Arkansas, one of our favorite camping destinations.

We hope everyone gets out often and had the time, good health, and energy to do a lot of camping in 2012.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #38

10 days on the St. Lawrence River in Northern New York over Memorial Day (the dog and I will be joined by family and friends in 2 pop-ups, 1 motorhome, 2 travel trailers, and several tents--has been an annual retreat that was started by myself and my roommate (who passed away in 2009) to include 4 generations of her family. What used to be one large pop-up and lots of tents has certainly grown in the number of campers and people joining us. Also have reservations for two weeks in late June and late August on the St. Lawrence, and plans for the Maxville Highland Games in Maxville, Ontario in early August! It's below zero here right now, and the wood stove is revved up-- and I can't wait to be camping!!!
Sugarph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Last spring I brought a portable surge protector and it came in handy the second time I used it.

Why was it necessary to replace the axles so soon? Do the tires wear out as fast too?
Axles have a positive camber wearing the 4 tires out in just 2000 miles.
Local dealer won't honor Forest River Warranty since its a "you didn't purchase the trailer from us" trailer.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Local dealer won't honor Forest River Warranty since its a "you didn't purchase the trailer from us" trailer.
Before you spend your own money, get ahold of Forrest River, and see if they can approve a local independant shop to do the work.