Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #41

We are still new at this so don't have a "we forgot" story yet. However after reading this thread this is what I did about keys....

We have installed combi-cams on the storage areas. Just inside one of the areas I put a small 3M hook and hung the spare trailer keys on that. So unless I loose my mind (somewhat possible) we can still get to the keys.

Condiments live in the trailer and many other things are duplicated too. Toothbrushes, camping clothes etc. We'll see how the summer goes.
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #42

My dad always used to keep a spare key for the car taped underneath. He never once locked himself out tho.

I have to wonder if there is a suitable spot underneath your camper for taping on a spare key(s) where crooks would never find it? Same for TV?

Problem for us now is we have too many keys for the trailer. One for each of the two outside doors , one for storage doors, one for locking pin on hitch shank and one for coupler lock. 5 keys total.

Many keys = many problems (old chinese proverb).

I would sure hate to lose the key for the lock on the coupler and not be able to hook up and go home. DW likes to hide important things in special places where nobody would ever think to look. Sure works well.... Never did find our original safety deposit box key (lock had to be drilled out).
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #43
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
My dad always used to keep a spare key for the car taped underneath. He never once locked himself out tho.

I have to wonder if there is a suitable spot underneath your camper for taping on a spare key(s) where crooks would never find it? Same for TV?

Problem for us now is we have too many keys for the trailer. One for each of the two outside doors , one for storage doors, one for locking pin on hitch shank and one for coupler lock. 5 keys total.

Many keys = many problems (old chinese proverb).

I would sure hate to lose the key for the lock on the coupler and not be able to hook up and go home. DW likes to hide important things in special places where nobody would ever think to look. Sure works well.... Never did find our original safety deposit box key (lock had to be drilled out).
Numerous places on a truck and camper to hide keys. Wouldn't be wise to reveal them on a forum.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #44

Hate to get to serious on this thread but the one thing I forget everytime I go camping is I forget about all the problems of everyday life.
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #45

I actually keep so many "spares" on board that if I forget something, its usually not missed. Oh yea, dogs, yep, their waiting in the truck. "Come on, dad, lets get to move-on here, got stuff to sniff in the woods".
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #46

I don't consider it a successful vacation (camping or otherwise) unless I wake up in the morning and have to stop and think to remember what day it is.
lundah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #47

water hose

its seems for some reason he takes it out doing stuff to camper we now have about 4 sizes told him never take out again .
credille is offline   Reply With Quote