Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #21

Look at campgroundreviews.com if you want info and crowd sourced reviews of just about everything out there.
I also have allstays as well and use it all the time....and good sam online and the big book get a lot of use. My first stop though is usually my passport america app or book to see if there is something I can get for 1/2price that meets my needs.
Once I've narrowed down to the one park I think fits our needs...then I go to the reviews and avoid most unhappy surprises. Do you know that some parks try to make themselves sound more appealing than the are?? I was shocked to find this out....
[/sarc]
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #22

If there's one thing I hate is to find out I've pulled into a parking lot of RV's
RickRed52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhawkins View Post
I requested one through AAA it's 2015 Woodall Official Campground Guide. FREE if you're a member. Actually, it's for Mid-Atlantic area. So, check with your local AAA.

You must have gotten a clerk who was giving away the free travel books and forgot to charge you for the camping book. AAA does not have the the 'camping books' any more and sell the Woodalls. I have been a AAA member for 50 years and had to buy one.... I do not care for the 'camping' book at all because I like to camp at State and Federal Parks and they are not in the book to any degree and what is in the 'book' seems to be only private campgrounds and Ads... and more Ads..... and I had to pay for a books full of ADS???

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #24

I'm a member of AAA and they have Woodalls books. Last March I was in Florida planning a trip and they gave me 3 Woodalls books for free as they have books for different areas. When I came home to NC and was planning a trip I found out that now they are selling Woodalls books.
Mannashine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:01 AM   #25
sevetenajcedar

Woodall directories

AAA insurance provides the directories free of charge, but you must go to an office to get them.

They will mail maps and travel guides.

Steve and Janet Du Biel
Cardinal 3100 RK XL
GMAC Sierra dura max diesel
Michigan
sevetenajcedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevetenajcedar View Post
AAA insurance provides the directories free of charge, but you must go to an office to get them.

They will mail maps and travel guides.

Steve and Janet Du Biel
Cardinal 3100 RK XL
GMAC Sierra dura max diesel
Michigan

Just called local office. Book(s) broken down into regions and each book has the cost of 6.45.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote