Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 06:01 AM   #21

We had our 35 ft 5th wheel done at the Indian River Campground, Michigan, while we were there for 2 weeks in July. $5 a foot for wash, $7 a foot for wash and wax. They did a great job and I realized I had a white roof, lol.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #22

those guys charging 1o bucks , probably their own business $20.00 sounds more like a decent job ..… love the collinite products good stuff.
JumpinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #23

That is not true in all cases. I had mine done in Alabama after I saw one they had done earlier. It looked like it was 20 years old before they started and almost looked brand new when they were finished! Same price I paid, $10 a foot! I just didn't think you could bring back something that oxidized!
Just because you pay more does not make it better! Depends on what part of this country you are in!
Old 08-26-2019, 06:54 PM   #24
Greg

In Yuma we paid $120 for 30 ft 5th wheel, and they came 15 miles out of town to where we were camped. Wash & hand wax.
GregoryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #25
LUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I would expect to pay $15 to $20 per foot for a RV detail..
I paid $9.00 A FOOT AT THE RALLY
LUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #26
LUM

The people at the rally live in Florida in the winter. Had then do my trailer last year down there.they do a good job for me.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #27

$10.00/ft, wash and wax, cleaned the roof, and cockpit. 35 foot motor home. Have to call early after the first of the year to get in. Great job. Tower car wash, Batavia, Illinois.
Dave Bulkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:31 PM   #28

Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
Agree with using garden hose with soft brushes. Had ours washed and detailed near Cedar Keys, FL and paid $450 on our 30'. This included top and awnings with hand waxing. Great job!!
Had my rig pressure washed in Yuma, and the rubber roof developed bubbles. Caused by the wash? I’m not sure, but my rig was only a year old at the time. Not an experience I would repeat although others haven’t had an issue.
LairdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #29

Prepare to have your mind blown. I have a 30-foot FR Wildcat Max, 262RGX, 2017. I bought it from Camping World in 2016. I live near Sacramento CA. Admittedly, the sun can be brutal on fiberglass here in CA. When I bought it I was talked into having a protective coating by Platinum Protection Systems applied (never again). I store the 5ver outside. Earlier this year I noticed some areas that were starting to fade and made a claim with Platinum. I had an estimate written by CW to buff and polish the trailer for (drum roll please...) $4,134.69. Platinum would only pay $2K. After a chat with the sales manager at CW they agreed to do the buff and polish for the $2K. So, basically, a good ending to the story-I think. Because I was not there to see CW actually do the buff and polish I have no idea how good of a job they did. I can still see some faded/dull areas on the front cap. I have since bought a good cover for the 5ver.
Dashir5ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashir5ver View Post
Prepare to have your mind blown. I have a 30-foot FR Wildcat Max, 262RGX, 2017. I bought it from Camping World in 2016. I live near Sacramento CA. Admittedly, the sun can be brutal on fiberglass here in CA. When I bought it I was talked into having a protective coating by Platinum Protection Systems applied (never again). I store the 5ver outside. Earlier this year I noticed some areas that were starting to fade and made a claim with Platinum. I had an estimate written by CW to buff and polish the trailer for (drum roll please...) $4,134.69. Platinum would only pay $2K. After a chat with the sales manager at CW they agreed to do the buff and polish for the $2K. So, basically, a good ending to the story-I think. Because I was not there to see CW actually do the buff and polish I have no idea how good of a job they did. I can still see some faded/dull areas on the front cap. I have since bought a good cover for the 5ver.
I considered a cover too. But I used to cover one of my cars and the cover caused run damage where it touched the vehicle. That lead me to steer away from a cover for the 5er
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #31

Same here. $9/foot at the FROG rally. They did a fantastic job. Brite-ALL out of Florida.
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #32
LUM

Wash and wax buff clean the roof and sealed with 303. I have a 40 foot 5th wheel

Tags
wax