Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #1

What is wrong with people

The last several nights of our latest outing we spent at a great Bureau of Reclamation campground on the shore of a large reservoir known for great bass fishing. The campground was nicely treed, had lots of lush grass, the sites were very large with huge gravel tent areas for the picnic table and fire grates. Just 45' from our site was two docks free to use for tying up your boat and all for just $15/night. Nice huh?

Day before yesterday we watched as the first of the ignorant, inconsiderate and imbecilic crowd started to come in early for the coming Memorial weekend and start claiming their spots. One RVr proceeded to let their dog out to run and crap without cleaning up after it. Another yet proceeded to take out their Harbor Freight special $200, 3.5kw (read louder than a 747) generator and run it all day into the night well after 11:15PM when we finally went to bed and it was still running (mind you the rules at the pay station clearly stated quiet hours to be 10pm to 6am). This morning before we left the real white trash showed up driving their rigs on the grass (again clearly against the posted rules that state vehicles should be parked and driven only on the pavement).

All of this leads me to believe that many out there are just becoming more and more rude and inconsiderate year after year or more and more people cant read.

I looked at the wife and said "I am sure glad we are going home today". We NEVER camp out on Memorial day or Labor day as we just don't have the patience or ability to cope with a campground of morons running their generators, letting their animals roam and destroying the peace as well as an otherwise beautiful campground that all of us normally really enjoy.

What is wrong with people?
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
10-4

See my comments in this old post.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-rant-123.html

I have a seasonal site and do go on the major holiday weekends. Mainly to protect my property from the idiots who seem to come out in droves.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Site Team

exact reason we try to not camp on holidays or in the summer. too many selfish idiots out there who think boorish behavior is normal.

that and the crowded campgrounds.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The scenario you describe is sadly true. The big weekends seem to bring out the worst. We were in the National Forest in the Bighorns last Labor day. The camp host finally had to call the cops to get the yahoos to quiet down. Numerous parties got fed up and left the campground in the middle of the night. You would think that people who can apparently afford a diesel 1-ton and a 5th wheel might have more brains and consideration than that. Our society is increasingly crude and lacking of consideration for others.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post

What is wrong with people?

its the "it isnt my fault" syndrome or as I like to use the "Bill Clinton excuse"
rules don't apply to them, only us.

we stay home to on memorial day, 4th of july and labor day

now i will say the thousand trails park in texoma........LOOK out the rangers there will snap a knot in your neck, post haste
Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #6

Sounds like the campground Host/Manager isn't doing their job. If I were to experience this in campground, I most likely wouldn't return.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist

Jesus said "Feed my sheep" and "I am the Good Shepard"

The Son of God Himself likens people to sheep...which are extremely stupid animals that require constant and uninterrupted supervision.

Does that make it clear enough?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Sounds like the campground Host/Manager isn't doing their job. If I were to experience this in campground, I most likely wouldn't return.
The campground host was about 87 years old and probably couldn't hear the generator running just 2 campsites away from his own which left me wondering why the campground authorities who lived on site also weren't making a drive through the park to enforce the rules. Just leaves one shaking their heads.

Radio: So true....
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-27-2010, 04:45 AM   #9

Quote:
You would think that people who can apparently afford a diesel 1-ton and a 5th wheel might have more brains and consideration than that. Our society is increasingly crude and lacking of consideration for others.

Having money and manners do not always go together!

Dick
dichayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #10

I have found that in some cases there are some people that have money and think they can come into a campground and do what they want and that they are above the rules and then you have people that just don't care regardless of wealth. If one can not follow the rules and respect others then they need to be removed.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
Grape Escape

Can't say we ever had a problem at any campgrounds we have stayed at in the 4 yrs we have been camping. Just one morning when some teenagers decided to crank up the geto blaster.
Just back from Allegany State Park in NY which was full of Ontario campers due to Victoria Day holiday and all were well behaved.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 AM   #12

This is the same reason there are gated communities, upper end RV resorts, Homeowner Association and the like.
If people wouldn't be so damned inconsiderate, these would never exist.

Seem to me some folks weren't raised with a "Peach Switch" or a "Narrow Leather Belt".

"Time-Out" is fine, up to the age of One. After that, you've got to get serious if you want them to grow up respecting others. JMHO
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #13

Couldn't agree more with all the postings! It's no wonder the kids are so rude - the parents don't behave any better. Their attitudes say they are 'entitled'. What has happened to common courtesy? We actually have been very fortunate when camping at most of the VA State parks, but it seems like there is always at least one bad apple. Our last trip last Fall, there was a group of about 10 year olds who played footbal in the road by our site - not their sites, but ours. Lord knows where their parents were; they appeard to be there but they didn't seem to see their kids. The football was continually landing at our feet and our dog. When asked to move the game a little farther down the road, they just looked at us and kept right on playing. We're all for kids playing outdoors, but play in your own 'yards'! Then there are the people who go off and leave their dogs tied up at their site for the day. Of course the dogs will bark while they're gone. The older we get, the more we like pets. Now I've vented for the day - got it over with early.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #14
2011 Berkshire 390bh

And you want to know what is really scary? Every one of those morons has the right to vote!

I was just in New Orleans on business and on all of my flights I'd watch some jerk throw his carry-on in the overhead in row 8 while he sauntered back to row 19. Then the folks in row 8 had no place to put their carry-ons because lunkhead decided to use their space. What is wrong with people? Don't they think or are they not capable of thinking?
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #15

I am thankful that I have not encountered the kind of problems others have had. We camp a lot, including major holidays, and we have had only one negative experience. We always camp at state parks, and campers come in everything from minivans with the seats removed to large class A's, and people are having a good time without bothering others. That's why I camp.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #16

Yep we have run into some people that have no consideration for other campers. This is why we have a few campgrounds that we visit often because these problems do not happen. This summer we are parking our rig from July 10 to Columbus day at wild duck campground in Scarborough Maine (Wild Duck Campground RV Park - Scarborough, Maine Campground). Campground is small but its quiet. We are going there this weekend.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

It really is a shame that a trip to enjoy the great outdoors seems to always be disrupted by what I would call the "ME" people. There's no one else but ME and that's all that matters to ME. We went camping in November in Lancaster PA. We really love the area but while setting up a group of camper just below us started with the BOOM, BOOM big BASS thudd RAP music. Everyone is entitled to listen to what they want but when it's blasting to the point where it's louder than the TV inside my coach I get a little ticked. Someone must have complained because it only lasted about an hour but then the screaming to each other from the site to the roadways was even worse. The language wasn't very considerate of other either. After putting up with it for a while I went down and asked them to please watch the language as well as informing them that the screaming was a bit disturbing. The reply I received was "Sorry we didn't realize we were that loud" I can only figure it's an everyday thing with them but they were better after that.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #18

Something to make you smile. Of course, none of us would go this far....would we?

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #19

Thanks for the laugh Joe.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Falco View Post
Something to make you smile. Of course, none of us would go this far....would we?

Joe
Yep I think I would. LOL. Great picture!
Nights camped in 2010 --- 36 nights
Nights camped in 2011 --- 1 so far...
Dogfood is offline   Reply With Quote