Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #21
jkoenig24

Sounds like you have NOT yet purchased. Do yourself a HUGE favor. Find and attend an RV Boot Camp. The Escapees RV Club run an excellent RVBC, usually over a weekend. Several other RV groups offer RVBCs as well. Mistakes made with RVs are often expensive and, sometimes dangerous. The time and money you spend attending an RVBC will be WELL spent. You WILL be a smarter RV shopper and, a safer RVer. I believe Escapees will soon be offering an online RVBC. Mark Polk's RVEducation101.com is another great RV resource.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #22

There are a lot of good YouTube RV videos on most topics.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #23
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmaughzEyez View Post
Thank you. I figure he included it in his $3,000 delivery he wants to charge me. That's too high as far as I'm concerned. And he wants $350 PDI. Shouldn't he check & make sure his product is right to begin with? I'll be the one spending the whole day checking everything he shoulda checked but probably didn't. They should pay me. I just don't trust any of them. They've all pretty much told me the exact same nonsense that the other guy also claimed. Except for the extra year of warranty. He he did tell me it was only $150 and not the couple thousand the prior dealer said it would cost. That was honest, I think? LOL

I don't remember what we were charged for delivery. What they did on our delivery is tow it 37 miles, backed it into our site and leveled it with concrete blocks on both ends under the stabilizers and more blocks in front of and behind the axles. They also had us check the inside & outside for any damage which might have occurred in transit and setup. The driver and assistant also did a mini PDI at the campground. This was on top of the dealers PDI.

We were also told that the dealers PDI is free of charge to the buyer. They told us they do a first PDI when the RV was delivered to their lot so that they could take care of anything before being sold to the customer. Then they do another PDI with the customer.

I know this as the one we first looked at on their lot had a large tear in the vinyl flooring in the living room and the salesman pointed it out to us and said it was waiting to be sent back to FR so it could be replaced. He said that it arrived at their lot in that condition so it had to have been done at the factory when they ran the slide in for the final time before shipping.

Yes, I trust the dealer and will buy from him again if I want a new trailer. With all the talking between us, the salesman and the dealer about the damaged floor, why would I not. It was during this talk the dealer said he had another with different flooring at his other lot and we could have it at no extra cost.

2 weeks later it was delivered to our site. They also threw in a few extra items for the delay.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote