Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
We purchased a travel trailer and had Good Sam RSA. On our first trip not 20 miles from home the check engine light on my truck began flashing. Good Sam said they would tow the truck to a dealer but I would have to make arrangements to tow the trailer. The operator said they couldn't be towed hitched together and something about being less than 100 miles from home.
I decided to just drive it and realized the truck drove okay as long as I kept it below 3000 rpm. We got to our destination, although slower, set up the trailer and found a dealer who diagnosed the problem as a defective (2 year old) spark plug which they replaced. I was glad we decided to push on and enjoyed our week in the mountains.
When we traded the trailer for a motorhome we got Coach-Net, upgraded to premium and cancelled GS.

As for insurance, we had Good Sam (National General) with the trailer and transferred it to the motorhome. We've never had a claim yet the premium since the obvious increase after the transfer has gone up $200 in a year. GEICO RV insurance with more coverage was $1000 less for 12 months so we just cancelled GS.
My bill for National General is low-- under $400 per year comprehensive while in storage and pay full annual premium $800 liability that is discounted and refunded after 30 days and the RV is back in storage. That's MH Insurance.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #82

USAA uses "AGERO" for their roadside assistance.
jfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfish View Post
USAA uses "AGERO" for their roadside assistance.
I'm pretty sure that's only for USAA insured vehicles not RVs. I've had USAA insurance for my vehicles for 38 years.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvarak View Post
I'm pretty sure that's only for USAA insured vehicles not RVs. I've had USAA insurance for my vehicles for 38 years.
Nope my RV "roadside assistance" is Agero. Not arguing. Just been there and done that Aug '18. All other coverage is what it is.
Assuming you served... Thank you for your service!
jfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #85

CoachNet for us. Would never put one hard-earned cent into Marcus Lemonus' pocket.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvarak View Post
My bill for National General is low-- under $400 per year comprehensive while in storage and pay full annual premium $800 liability that is discounted and refunded after 30 days and the RV is back in storage. That's MH Insurance.
That's better than we had but since we live in south Georgia we dont store our motorhome. We may take off in it anytime the mood strikes us so we never used the storage discount option.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #87

When I bought my RV I was given free one year with SafeRide Motor Club. Has anyone heard of this? It says your Forest River Roadside Assistance membership. I don't know how much it will be once the year is up.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopinful View Post
When I bought my RV I was given free one year with SafeRide Motor Club. Has anyone heard of this? It says your Forest River Roadside Assistance membership. I don't know how much it will be once the year is up.
I would Google them ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 PM   #89

AAA here in upstate New York just changed their Plus RV policy and hiked the price a LOT! Our bill for 3 drivers in the Plus RV level went to $381.00 as of this July's renewal...

Looking at other options now as wel...
Heffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #90

My first year of ownership is coming up, free Coach-Net coverage expires in 30 days. Have insurance with Foremost, they do a lot of recreational vehicles. No one has mentioned them and they too provide towing and roadside assistance. Can anyone give comments that would help me decide between the two for travel trailer coverage. Mostly interested in the towing and roadside assistance issues. Thanks.
SSHCTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #91
Part-Time Campground Host

USAA Insurance
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote