Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #1

What to do???

Well my new TT showed up at the dealer and they sent me pictures......everything looked good except for the pictures showing the windows. Yes the dealer never wrote on the build sheet that we ordered day night shades and they installed the cheaper mini blinds. The dealer has been great and owned their mistake right off the bat. Now for the big what to do....they said the can contact FR and have them send the shades for them to install but I told them that I didn't want a bunch of extra holes or holes being filled to install the new shades. They also told me that the unit may need to go back to FR for them to do it. My question is what should I do? I want the day night shades ( that's why we ordered them) but I don't want the extra holes or to be without my new unit for another God knows how many weeks. What to do?

John
2009 Silverado w/5000 lbs airbags and P3 controller.
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Glockfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Based on what your wrote it sounds like the Day/Night shades are very important. What would FR do differently than your dealer? Would new wall paper or wall covering be installed so there are no visible filled holes?

I like the mini blinds better but in your case you will be reminded every time you open or close the blinds that you didn't get what you wanted.

The number of weeks you will be without your new unit will come and go no matter what you decided. The difference will be the end result.

With all that said, what a bummer....

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #3

Well sent it back to FR and they took care of everything. They replaced all the blinds with day night shades and I had it back to the dealer in 3 days total time. My hat goes off to the dealer and to FR for getting this done so quickly. I am also having the dealer install a wash out for the grey water tank and switch the tv in the living room that came with the unit to the bedroom and install a new 36 " Visio and bracket in the living room. After that all I need to do is pick up my new Rockwood. :-)

John
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Old 03-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Site Team

Sounds like you made the right decision and I'm glad it worked out for you! The time period was pretty short too. Now that that matter is taken care of you need to get out and use it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #5

Already have a seasonal site paid for with dock for the boat. Also have several trips planned to explore the countryside with the family.

John
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran