Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
We lost our 'Hannah' girl back in March 2013, also a black lab. She was daddy's girl all the way. I agree to let them enjoy what life has to offer, they're with us such a short time. Wish we'd gone camping more while she was still with us.
It was tough to loose the old boy.
I had him from a pup and he never left my side.
We had some great times together.
He was lazy and wouldn't fetch a stick for nothing but he greeted me every day when I came home from work.

This was his m.o.

Turbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415216925693.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	65894   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415216941715.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	65895  
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #42

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1415219452.237196.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1,016.9 KB
ID:	65902

These were our camping pro's Glacier and Denali with little Juneau. We lost them both within two weeks of this trip. They were wonderful all the time outside-no problems at all.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #43

Those are beautiful dogs, Hondaman174.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #44

Look for a local pet sitter. We have one come by our house twice a day when take a long trip.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #45

We bought our camper because of the dogs! They did not do so well in the hotel....had to protect their pack, so the whole reason for the camper are the dogs.

CampingDixieDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #46
NELA

When the clock struck 2:00 today I had a tough few moments, asquared. Exactly one week our girl Chelsea has now spent over the rainbow bridge.

Dunno if I've mentioned it on the forum yet, but it's strange being here in this house without her. She lived here longer than we did, seriously. We came to view the house and she ran out on to the garage. I admired her and the lady said "you want her? we aren't taking her with us, can't have dogs in the apartments we're moving to"

Our Fred seems to realize now that something is different. We intentionally took him camping last weekend, so he could settle in to her being gone gradually, since when we took long trips she always stayed at a doggie hotel here locally and I'd pick her up a day after we returned.

He's sticking very close to us, right on our heels every move we make. If that's the worst of his reaction to her being gone, then he *and* we are blessed. This house seems so much bigger and quieter with her gone though.

Sneak and I both have sworn never another dog....having to "love her enough..." still hurts way too much.

We need to focus on Fred, making sure he's emotionally ok (she was, for all intents and purposes *HIS MOMMA*) with her no longer being here.

We both realize "never say never", but it'll have to be a very special dog in much need of rescuing....and no time soon.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
When the clock struck 2:00 today I had a tough few moments, asquared. Exactly one week our girl Chelsea has now spent over the rainbow bridge.

Dunno if I've mentioned it on the forum yet, but it's strange being here in this house without her. She lived here longer than we did, seriously. We came to view the house and she ran out on to the garage. I admired her and the lady said "you want her? we aren't taking her with us, can't have dogs in the apartments we're moving to"

Our Fred seems to realize now that something is different. We intentionally took him camping last weekend, so he could settle in to her being gone gradually, since when we took long trips she always stayed at a doggie hotel here locally and I'd pick her up a day after we returned.

He's sticking very close to us, right on our heels every move we make. If that's the worst of his reaction to her being gone, then he *and* we are blessed. This house seems so much bigger and quieter with her gone though.

Sneak and I both have sworn never another dog....having to "love her enough..." still hurts way too much.

We need to focus on Fred, making sure he's emotionally ok (she was, for all intents and purposes *HIS MOMMA*) with her no longer being here.

We both realize "never say never", but it'll have to be a very special dog in much need of rescuing....and no time soon.
So sorry for your loss.
I love the 2 knuckleheads we have now but I miss my Kaboodle that has been gone for 4 years now.

CampingDixieDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
Look for a local pet sitter. We have one come by our house twice a day when take a long trip.

Make sure to ask for references and see how they are with your pets first. We lost my husband's elderly cat 2 years ago because of a misunderstanding with a long-time pet sitter. We went on a 2-week long trip back to New Jersey and sent the dogs to my daughter's house, but the cat didn't like to leave his room, so we asked a friend's daughter to come look in on him. Long, sad story, when she saw the dogs gone, and no sight of the cat, she assumed we had also kenneled him and forgot to tell her. We came home to a very dehydrated kitty who died before we could get him to the vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #49

Weezer- sorry about having to let her go. Thank goodness Fred is there to "help" with your affections. If it wasn't for our little one when our other two left us, we would have been absolute wrecks!

It's always hard to let our kids go, but they have loved the time they spent with us.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post

We said "never" too after losing our (MY mommas boy Buddy) yellow lab two years ago

It still makes me cry to even write about him today - like right now 😢

That lasted 33 days and we brought our chocolate lab Jackson Brown home at eight weeks of age 💕💕💕💕

We know our past fur babies are all reunited and waiting with tails wagging and big doggie kisses 💋
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #51

Our 2 yorkies always came with us ....one of the benefits of having a MH. Sadly we lost our older guy since we came home from our last trip end of Aug, so when we leave for FL for the winter next week we will only have one.

Leashes a must - most CGs say 6' length

Bring proof of rabies. Some CGs ask to see, some don't.

Bortadella shots (kennel cough). Talk to your vet. If while you're traveling you need doggie day care, they usually want that. It's a 6 month shot. While I don't plan on using a doggie hotel while on the road, you never know what emergency may come up. Much easier to get it from your vet than have to try to find a vet in an emergency situation, which always equates to $$$$$$. Also a precaution if you use CG doggie play areas.

Vet records for each dog. I've learned from experience. Easier to get a copy of records from your vet BEFORE you leave than try to get them faxed to a vet while your on the road.

Enjoy your travels.

ADK-RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #52

We don't go anywhere without our doodle--Bailey-- a very big part of our family . Sorry to hear about the losses for you folks that had to say goodbye to a pet. We went through that five years ago with our golden lab mix--Sadie--.Unless you go through this, there is no way you can know the feeling. God Bless
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #53

Mrs Evens,
Sure hope your enjoying that 2014 Wildwood 231RBXL? Bought ours in Oct and all the campgrounds are closed here in VT cant wait to get it out next spring!
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #54

Hi there VTSkier! I went ahead and PM'd you a response
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #55

Thanks for all the advice. I am really not worried about my lab or the pom.. Its just old Tater (coonhound) I am worried about taking.
I can just see her with me on the other end of the leash flying through the air while she tries to chase and tree a squirrel!
Sheripoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #56
(Dry Huunday)

Taking the Kids is a must do!!! But be prepared to lose the couch!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Snooze.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	65970  

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote