Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #21

Just curious, but what campgrounds don't have electric and are 5 ft apart? I've never been to one of those.

You are either in an RV park or campground where you have electric and they might pack the sites in tight or you are in govt campground where the sites have reasonable spacing.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
Just curious, but what campgrounds don't have electric and are 5 ft apart? I've never been to one of those.

You are either in an RV park or campground where you have electric and they might pack the sites in tight or you are in govt campground where the sites have reasonable spacing.
We have several older RV parks like that along some of our ocean beaches. Real popular locations they have added "Dry Camping" spaces that are essentially just parking lots with spaces marked off with sports field white lines "chalked" off.

This is why I prefer Forest Service or other public land for camping.

If one can't have some decent space around them while camping, why leave home?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #23

I just got back from a trip. We were watching a movie outside and had lost track of time because it got dark so late up north. Someone asked if we could turn it down due to quite hours. I apologized and shut it down right away....it was 10:01 but they had every right to ask and we took no issues with the request. We were more consious of the time and volume in the future even before quiet hours as well so saying something about the late hours may prove beneficial to you.

I typically stay where there is power as A/C is pretty much required here this time of year around here. If DW was with me I would likely have to run it all day regardless of the ambient temp. If just me I would survive on batteries and maybe a short charge in the morning or evening.

As for the generator all day that was the published policy so you are kind of in a take it or leave it situation litterally. Either you take it our you leave. I would go somewhere with electricity so you don't have to deal with the generators if you are concerned about it all day. Maybe find something to distract you from the noise if you dont want to leave.

Best of luck!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #24

Wait! I just figured out the problem with these neighbors of yours. They just came from a different time zone than the one your in now and didn't realize the zone changed so they have not reset their clocks. Just ask them if they just came from another time zone and forgot that its an hour later now. If that doesn't work then I suggest you pour a nice night cap and ignore it for now.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.D. View Post
I would Determine what Really Bothers Me . Is it the All Day or after 10p/m. If it's the first (I am Probably being a Karen) If it's the Latter and I need to Sleep, I would have a Conversation with The Campers. I have found there More Friendly Campers than Bad ones.
No offense, but you need to learn to type a little better. Your post is very difficult to read....for me, anyway.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #26

I recommend you never ever ever camp at a NASCAR event. There is an unwritten rule that whoever has the loudest generator is the winner. 50, 60 or who knows how many more run nonstop 24 hours a day and nobody cares.

I have noticed over the past few years inverter generators are taking over.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #27

I’d have to find out why he needed two generators running at the same time!
Old 08-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post

Never been to one of these either. Our go to RV park has about 10' spacing between sites, but we mitigate that by going on week days, or if on a weekend, then arrive on Thurs, leave Monday and miss half the crowds. But it's full hookup.
GMC Sierra 2500
Scott V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
I’d have to find out why he needed two generators running at the same time!
with inverter generators you pair them up and run them in eco mode. less noise, longer run time, more watts...

Bill
2005gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:28 PM   #30
A Wanderer of Deserts

moving not a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
Are there any other sites available?

The writer shouldn't have to move to a new location to get away from an inconsiderate camper. That's kind of like telling the victim they're the problem. Having said that there are situations where that might be the path of least resistance but I would talk to a camp host first.
Houndwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #31

As for why two generators it was stated that he had a diesel pusher with an internally mounted generator (probably diesel) running plus a portable Honda. The diesel should run everything in the coach. What was the Honda for?
Old 08-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #32

The 7am - 9pm rule was probably made for people with different arrival times and daily need times. Doubt it was made for gennys to run all that time.

I'd just leave. I'd not want to say something nice and have a fool force me to hurt him. There are better places.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #33

I would talk to the park management and see if they have any rules on duration of running? I don’t know. It’s a tough spot. Saying something to them direct and more then likely you’ll have a even more crappy experience the rest of your stay. Might try to start up a friendly convo with them. Asking about his rig and all, then after awhile ask why he runs it all day. I would think a normal person would ask Why is it bothering you? Then laugh and say well actually yes, I came here for some peaceful relaxation and to clear my head and it makes it pretty hard to do that? I don’t know? I’ve never been in a situation like that! That sucks!
Abaker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
Convince the guy with the generator that one pound of sugar added to the fuel takes the place of the expensive oil that keeps it running......

I was so very shocked that something like this would even be suggested.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #35

Generators

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I recommend you never ever ever camp at a NASCAR event. There is an unwritten rule that whoever has the loudest generator is the winner. 50, 60 or who knows how many more run nonstop 24 hours a day and nobody cares.

I have noticed over the past few years inverter generators are taking over.
I was thinking the same thing. My wife and I are big NASCAR fans and have dry camped at many race tracks. When camping at these events your are probably going to be very close (20' x 40' sites) and generators are everywhere. It never fails there will be someone close by with a very loud contractor style generator. Sometimes they will have them enclosed in some type of "hush house" but that is not the norm. As fans ourselves, we know this is all part of the scene. BBQ grills and sound systems are also welcomed. When I started out I had a similar set up. Fuel for a few days was very expensive and paying for tank pumps was expensive too. I now have a 39' toy hauler with a Cummins Onan built in generator. It is quieter and more fuel effecient. All this being said, if you can't handle closeness and noise don't try camping at a NASCAR track. Where you are would be considered quiet.
Previously owned: 2014 Vengeance 25V, 2011 KZ 184,
2011 DIY 7 x 14 Enclosed Trailer,
Motorcycle pull behind cargo trailer with tent
smitty31093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:26 PM   #36

We only run the generator once a day, to top off the batteries, if necessary. Try to go 2 days if we can. The only exception is to run the A/C if absolutely necessary for young or old, but only for as much as needed. Going to get a 200W solar charger to eliminate the need for battery recharges too.
2013 Ford F150 SCrew, 5.0L, tow upgrade
Old: 2003 Jayco Kiwi 23D
Jim_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #37

I’m a bit confused by this location. You are tight packed in, but there are no hookups not even electricity? I’ve been to a few tight places, but they had full hookup. If it’s just land to park on, why don’t they space it out?
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:10 PM   #38
HikerBob

Send a message via MSN to HikerBob Send a message via Yahoo to HikerBob Send a message via Skype™ to HikerBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
We have several older RV parks like that along some of our ocean beaches. Real popular locations they have added "Dry Camping" spaces that are essentially just parking lots with spaces marked off with sports field white lines "chalked" off.

This is why I prefer Forest Service or other public land for camping.

If one can't have some decent space around them while camping, why leave home?
Ditto TitanMike. Utah's Red Fleet State Park has a parking lot set up and while the neighbors on or left weren't running their genny, they partied with their friends who were on the right side of us. We cut our visit short and found a campground at Flaming Gorge that suited our needs and wishes much better.
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo44 View Post
Were not moving, no spots anyway. Temps are 70's not hot. Its just more of a question.
See what others thought or experienced. We RV alot and run into a lot of different situations. Never had anyone run a generator (2 of em) 14 hours a day.

Medical conditions did cross our minds, no kids it's more of a glamping situation running all their TVs, appliances and lights from what we can tell through the windows.

We seldom run our generator although we do have solar.

Thanks for the toughts
So does it bother you? Or is it just a question?

Mike
Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondockin View Post
I’m a bit confused by this location. You are tight packed in, but there are no hookups not even electricity? I’ve been to a few tight places, but they had full hookup. If it’s just land to park on, why don’t they space it out?
We were just camping on the ocean bluffs near San Diego. They have RV and Tent sites, but the only difference is parking space vs. Dirt space. No hookups and No space between sites. You're literally on top of each other. Theres also a highway and train tracks right behind you. You camp there for the ocean bluff views, trails, and semi secluded beaches. Sometimes it's a trade off.
Jim_74 is offline   Reply With Quote