Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
I was in the very same boat when we purchased our newest camper. It came with a 25' cord, but since with our previous camper we occasionally needed all of its 50' cord we purchased another 25'.

Lo and behold we needed that extension on the first trip with our new camper.

Fast forward 3 years, we never needed it again................UNTIL three days ago when we arrived in Kartchner Caverns State Park, AZ. I had selected the site specifically because it was such a long pull through.

When I dropped the 5er from the truck and went to connect I was 2' short with the 25' main cable. Thank Goodness I have the spare in a plastic tote in the Pass Thru.

Yes, I could have re-connected the 5er to the truck and re-positioned it back a little, but that would be a PITA!

I always take it, because, you NEVER KNOW!
This past trip the first night out I dropped the fiver, levelled it, got all setup, and realized I'm 1' short of the power pole. I could have hooked all back up and adjusted, but since it was just an overnight stop, I just used my 30-50 adapter to make up the difference and ran on only 30 for the night. Went to our destination and setup no problem. On the way home, I was conscious of the shortness of our cord, so I positioned the trailer right next to the power pole, dropped it, levelled, got all setup.... then realized I was too close to put the slide out, so had to undo it all and hook back up anyways, the whole time with the neighbours sitting outside their TT enjoying the show.

For our next trip, I'm going to put our 50' 30A extension from our TT in the trailer. Aside from the extra outside kitchen fridge, this trailer doesn't have any more power needs than our 30A TT did, so I don't think I really 'need' the 50A. I figure the 30A extension code I already have is lighter than the 20' 50A cord that came with the fiver, so it's gotta be significantly lighter than a 50' 50A extension cord. And if I can get by with 30A, hey, let's save the weight (and not having to buy again is nice too)
Old 07-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That heavy piemaker thing. I used it a couple of times but never often enough to justify carrying it around.

I still carry around an EZ-Up style screened canopy/tent by Coleman. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve used it. But it still rides in the back of the truck. Ironically, I say that and it’s setup right now AND we used it a couple of times at this campground. So... that just renewed its chance of staying.
Pie thing never really got used for intended purpose. But just this past Father's Day, at Shades S. P. Indiana, racoons got very assertive. A pound of iron on a 3' handle makes a pretty good racoon swatter.

I have CDO. It's like OCD only in alphabetical order as it should be.
MF5270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
A Coleman gas grill that came on its own stand with wheels. Used it twice. Cleaned it up and gave it to my brother. I don't think he liked it either.

And the countertop extension and plastic sink cover/cutting board that came with the trailer. The extension gets used maybe once a year. The sink cover... never.
The plastic sink cover (cutting board) was always in the way. Cut out about1/4 of it and sand the cut edge. Gives you access to one side of the sink, and still adds a little to the very limited counter top space.

I have CDO. It's like OCD only in alphabetical order as it should be.
MF5270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
[/COLOR]

Ex wives ???
Ex husbands, LOL.

2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.2L
BeckyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF5270 View Post
Pie thing never really got used for intended purpose. But just this past Father's Day, at Shades S. P. Indiana, racoons got very assertive. A pound of iron on a 3' handle makes a pretty good racoon swatter.
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #46
Let That Raga Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyairport View Post
Slide out bars and the onboard water filter. paper towel hanger and tp holder all came with the Shamrock and still unused.
HA! Same here with exactly everything you said!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #47

I’m sure if I don’t take the things I have brought for the camper that’s the thing I’ll need the most the next camping trip
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #48
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFeet View Post
Are you guys talking about those Coleman Roadtrip grills? I've been wanting one! Seems like it would be easy to store. Bad idea?
I had the blue Coleman grill...

Worst grill I've ever owned.

Burned everything you put on it, no matter what!

And one clean on the grill grates and pancake platter...off came the teflon!

Don't waste your money on any of them!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:22 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFeet View Post
Are you guys talking about those Coleman Roadtrip grills? I've been wanting one! Seems like it would be easy to store. Bad idea?

I am at least. Seemed like a good setup.

Burners and grill plate setup leaves too many solid places where things just burn.

Used twice, gave it away.

Got the Webber Q and haven’t looked back.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #50

Our Weber Q never stays at home.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
1st trip with our 1st camper was at a S.P. without sewer hook ups.. it got a little hairy towards the end. Bought a blue boy as soon as we got home.....took us 8 years to go someplace where we could use it.

I bought one and have used it several times as we stay at parks with just water and electric most of the time. We use it for grey water from the shower and dishes. It pulls behind the truck in camp when it needs to be emptied. We love it.
tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote