Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
[/COLOR]

Ex wives ???
I noticed you used the plural form. Just how many do you have?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #22
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
A Coleman gas grill that came on its own stand with wheels. Used it twice. Cleaned it up and gave it to my brother. I don't think he liked it either.
I had the blue Coleman grill with the two side shelves and fold up stand...

Looked really coll in the store...

Worse grill I've ever owned...burned the heck out of anything you put on it!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #23

Most of our retired stuff is from the days of the popup. Gas camp stove and lantern, greywater tote, ez-up tent, large coolers and more totes than I care to remember.
tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #24
Insert witty title here

My ex wife.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
My ex wife.
Yup...that too!
Old 07-08-2018, 03:33 AM   #26

Birthed raised bought and paid for 2 daughters that rarely glamp with us anymore. They are in their young 20s. I miss them
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:30 AM   #27
"On the road again"

Our previous fifth wheel came with a very short power cord and on our FIRST trip out we lacked 5' being able to reach the power pedestal. Fortunately (or unfortunately as the case may have been) there was a Camping World less than a half-hour away. They had a 30' 50-amp extension cord for just over $150...which we bought and used that weekend.

I carried it another two or three years and never used it again and finally pulled it out. Today, it still is in a plastic tub, sitting on a shelf in my workshop.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:31 AM   #28

1st trip with our 1st camper was at a S.P. without sewer hook ups.. it got a little hairy towards the end. Bought a blue boy as soon as we got home.....took us 8 years to go someplace where we could use it.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
Our previous fifth wheel came with a very short power cord and on our FIRST trip out we lacked 5' being able to reach the power pedestal. Fortunately (or unfortunately as the case may have been) there was a Camping World less than a half-hour away. They had a 30' 50-amp extension cord for just over $150...which we bought and used that weekend.

I carried it another two or three years and never used it again and finally pulled it out. Today, it still is in a plastic tub, sitting on a shelf in my workshop.
You may want to rethink leaving that cord behind...

I almost left my 30ft. 30 amp extention cable at home for my 7 week trip I just got back from because I was trying to cut down on weight...

Am I ever glad I forgot to take it out of the basement as I needed it up in South Dakota.

I had only ever used it once before...last summer!

Up until that day last year I kept kicking myself in the rear for spending the money on it.

Doesn't do any good if you need it and it is hanging on the wall at home in the garage...

(Edited in) - Just remembered that I used it one more time in Elephant Butte, NM about three months ago when the power pole at my site blew out and I had to run my cord to another site for power.

So three times a charm!

Old 07-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #30
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:

My 30 amp cord that came with the camper was plenty long enough... all but once. Solved the issue by pulling forward 10 ft. But that was an awkward set up. Got a 25 ft extension and used it once. And I carry 4 25 ft water hoses. Once I loaned one to a neighbor. Once one had a "hernia"

I also have a massive first aid kit. A tick tool. Snake bite kit. Insect repellent. Spare fuses and bulbs. Water hose washers.

You see the logic. If I don't have it, I'll probably need it. But if I got it, it will probably dry rot before I ever use it.

But my trips will be fun.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #31

I got rid of some heavy sockets sets, pliers, etc. My tools are now more targeted for what I can easily reach and fix on the road.

I got rid of those crappy LEGO block levelers and now use pieces of outdoor stair tread toppers made from recycled tires. A bit heavy but indestructible.

I would love to get rid of the gas oven / stove and put in an induction top. In the 3 years that we used th RV we have used the gas burner once. I do most cooking on my portable BBQ but induction top would be handy at times.

I plan to get rid of folding extension ladder and mount a rear ladder instead. The folding ladder takes a lot of space and is a bit heavy as compared to the rear ladder. I only need something for the road since I have ladders and scaffolding at home.

I would love to convince my wife to get rid of 50% of the cups, glasses, dishes, pots in the kitchen cupboard.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #32

In my PUP, where space and access are in short supply, I jettisoned a number of things:
Spare dump hose;
Black tank "flush" hose;
(I have a manhole cover to my septic at home and always dump at home...I could get by if needed at a dump station.)

Spare fresh water hose;
Spare pressure regulator for shore water supply;
A number of pots and pans that collected dust;
A small army's worth of "marshmallow" and cooking forks;
Several blankets;
Several extension cords for outdoor use when connected to shore power - we boondock exclusively, so I'm not about to run the generator to run an outdoor light;
Fire-starter sticks...tons of 'em. In CO, where firebans are now the rule rather than the exception, if I want to light a fire the lazy way (always), that's why there's charcoal lighter fluid;
A funnel to guide water from jugs into the fresh tank...I invented a better way;

Essential Additions:
100 watt solar with charge controller;
Lift kit;
Spare parts box full of mostly stainless hardware, Loctite, and Gorilla Glue for holding screws in wood.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #33

Folding patio chaise lounge with head shade from CW. DW absolutely HAD to have it. Used once, hard to store in the RV and heavy, so it's stuck in the garage.
Another $110+ down the drain.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post

I plan to get rid of folding extension ladder and mount a rear ladder instead. The folding ladder takes a lot of space and is a bit heavy as compared to the rear ladder. I only need something for the road since I have ladders and scaffolding at home.
Don't get rid of your ladder just yet...

Most of those built-on ladders are more cosmetic than useful, most especially if you weigh more than 175 pounds.

Most everyone I know has broken theirs just by crawling up them a few times and had to build a ground support device to hold their weight.

Also, you may want to call your RV's customer service number with your VIN# handy.

Not all RV's have the wall support to handle a ladder...they can tell you if yours does.

I skipped the ladder on mine for the above reasons and carry a 6-foot step ladder in the bed of my truck.

I can get on the roof of my 5'ver with it.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou

There is a text limit to how many words can be in a post.

The number of things I bought that either looked cool, had a possible purpose, or just as a spare, are too numerous to mention. From cooking tables, to gravity chairs, to various sized generators, nearly all are stacked in the garage.

If I had that money back, I could buy a new camper!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Don't get rid of your ladder just yet...

Most of those built-on ladders are more cosmetic than useful, most especially if you weigh more than 175 pounds.

Most everyone I know has broken theirs just by crawling up them a few times and had to build a ground support device to hold their weight.

Also, you may want to call your RV's customer service number with your VIN# handy.

Not all RV's have the wall support to handle a ladder...they can tell you if yours does.

I skipped the ladder on mine for the above reasons and carry a 6-foot step ladder in the bed of my truck.

I can get on the roof of my 5'ver with it.

Hmmm.

That is something to think about. I certainly weigh more than 175. All I really want is to able to climb up and apply gorilla tape as a short term fix.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:29 AM   #37

Are you guys talking about those Coleman Roadtrip grills? I've been wanting one! Seems like it would be easy to store. Bad idea?
ColdFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:30 AM   #38

What You Bought You Don't Take Anymore

I still take it, I just moved it. My fifth wheel spare tire was mounted in the basement. Good idea as the tire was out of the sun. But it sure took up lots of valuable storage space. The tire now sits in the bed of the truck with a white wheel cover and cable locked to the hitch.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:59 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFeet View Post
Are you guys talking about those Coleman Roadtrip grills? I've been wanting one! Seems like it would be easy to store. Bad idea?

Cannot comment on Coleman but I wanted a BBQ that would attach to my feed line from my onboard propane tank. I got the Nexgrill portable that is sold at Costco, Homedepot, etc. This one has the 2 flow controls on the front of the BBQ. It comes with a removable hose with regulator that attaches to traditional 20 lb tank. I replaced that hose with one that has quick connect to motorhome feed. Since motorhome tank already has a regulator, it is ready to BBQ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8243.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	179972
Old 07-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #40

Quote:

I was in the very same boat when we purchased our newest camper. It came with a 25' cord, but since with our previous camper we occasionally needed all of its 50' cord we purchased another 25'.

Lo and behold we needed that extension on the first trip with our new camper.

Fast forward 3 years, we never needed it again................UNTIL three days ago when we arrived in Kartchner Caverns State Park, AZ. I had selected the site specifically because it was such a long pull through.

When I dropped the 5er from the truck and went to connect I was 2' short with the 25' main cable. Thank Goodness I have the spare in a plastic tote in the Pass Thru.

Yes, I could have re-connected the 5er to the truck and re-positioned it back a little, but that would be a PITA!

I always take it, because, you NEVER KNOW!